talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Asian Cup 2019

football forum

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I am wondering who they get next but I don't think it will matter in the end. At the end I was almost sure Uzbekistan would equalize with that wonder shot from way out but the goalkeeper did a good job.

If Saudis don't win they will face Japan next

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nudge said:

Oman winning 3-1 means that they're above Vietnam in the best placed third standings; Vietnam need Lebanon to win by less than 4 goal difference against North Korea to get through :3_grin:

North Korea and Lebanon have a combined 8 shots in the tournament so far lol 

• Subscriber

ohhh that was as close as it gets... Lebanon win 4-1 meaning they have the same number of points and the same goal difference. Vietnam are through to the knockouts as they have one yellow card less (5 for Vietnam - 6 for Lebanon) otherwise it would have gone to drawing lots :o 

So confirmed round of 16:

Thailand v China
Iran v Oman
Jordan v Vietnam
Japan v Saudi Arabia
South Korea v Bahrain
Qatar v Iraq
UAE v Kyrgyzstan
Australia v Uzbekistan

On 18/01/2019 at 05:02, nudge said:

ohhh that was as close as it gets... Lebanon win 4-1 meaning they have the same number of points and the same goal difference. Vietnam are through to the knockouts as they have one yellow card less (5 for Vietnam - 6 for Lebanon) otherwise it would have gone to drawing lots :o 

So confirmed round of 16:

Thailand v China
Iran v Oman
Jordan v Vietnam
Japan v Saudi Arabia
South Korea v Bahrain
Qatar v Iraq
UAE v Kyrgyzstan
Australia v Uzbekistan

I am now Uzbekistanian 

On 17/01/2019 at 14:46, Azeem said:

Qatar will beat Iraq

I certainly hope not, I really like this Iraq team with the likes of Mohanad Ali and Ali Adnan. You're probably right though, Qatar is on a massive rise and improving a lot. Ali Almoez is quality from what I hear.

Vietnam looking a lot better then when I saw them against Iraq. I feel they are lacking some firepower in the box, but I can see the talent. They are doing very well to play it out the back, which no weak team could do even at this level. They also look smooth in their transitioning to the opposing half.

Jordan still look more likely to win but I can certainly see why Vietnam have done well at youth level.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Vietnam looking a lot better then when I saw them against Iraq. I feel they are lacking some firepower in the box, but I can see the talent. They are doing very well to play it out the back, which no weak team could do even at this level. They also look smooth in their transitioning to the opposing half.

Jordan still look more likely to win but I can certainly see why Vietnam have done well at youth level.

I think Vietnam are finally playing without nervousness; they are a very young and inexperienced squad (average age 23; the youngest at the tournament for that matter) and now after making it into the knockout rounds they know they already did what was expected of them. And yes you're right that they are lacking options upfront; Ahn Duc's absence is really felt and as a result they can mostly rely on standards and long shots...

Archived