talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Asian Cup 2019

football forum

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing all the shock results, I think group C could be very interesting.

Korea won't have Son for the groupstage, China is very inconsistent and prone to shock results and Kyrgyzstan had some great friendly results (beat Jordan and Palestine for example).

It's a shame that Etheridge refused to leave Cardiff to play for Philippines, what a disgrace. Miss out on the nation's first major tournament becuase of a couple of league games. Else, even Philippines would have been quite competitive!

18 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Australia playing to their full potential to lose by a respectable 1-0. Don't worry guys, I believe you can sneak a point of Palestine. 

I can’t tll if I want to have a beer with you or rape you before murdering you with a rusted knife and eating your brain

overalk you’re okay

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Thailand sack their coach

What an odd thing to do at the start of a tournament. Granted we smashed them yesterday but that is no reason to let go of someone while a tournament is underway.

Am able to see China vs Kyrgystan before I go back into Brazil. 

According to Worldsoccer, Wu Lei is in the top 20 best players in the world so he better not disappoint :ph34r:

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Azeem said:

Thailand sack their coach

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

What an odd thing to do at the start of a tournament. Granted we smashed them yesterday but that is no reason to let go of someone while a tournament is underway.

Granted it is an odd thing to do, but this tournament was his last chance anyway as he alienated a lot of fans and Thai FA with his player selection, lost player support due to his pragmatic tactical approach and then failed to deliver the results that he should have delivered, not to mention the atrocious style of play. I for one am happy that he's gone even if the timing seems wrong. This cup is already over unless something miraculous happens, but I hope they can at least bow out with commendable performances in the remaining two group matches.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Granted it is an odd thing to do, but this tournament was his last chance anyway as he alienated a lot of fans and Thai FA with his player selection, lost player support due to his pragmatic tactical approach and then failed to deliver the results that he should have delivered, not to mention the atrocious style of play. I for one am happy that he's gone even if the timing seems wrong. This cup is already over unless something miraculous happens, but I hope they can at least bow out with commendable performances in the remaining two group matches.

According to Worldsoccer, Chanatip Songkrasin is the 34th best player in the world above the likes of Bale and James Rodriguez. I for one think it's an absolute disgrace that they lost 4-1 with such talent.

:ph34r:

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Blue said:

According to Worldsoccer, Chanatip Songkrasin is the 34th best player in the world above the likes of Bale and James Rodriguez. I for one think it's an absolute disgrace that they lost 4-1 with such talent.

:ph34r:

Are those ratings for real? xD I mean I like Chanatip and he's definitely a skilled little player, but he's far behind the likes of Bale and James Rodriguez haha. Thais have quite a few talented, highly technically skilled players for all positions (except goalkeeper as there's no one who's capable of replacing Kawin) and they could have been the dark horse of the tournament if they had proper leadership.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Are those ratings for real? xD I mean I like Chanatip and he's definitely a skilled little player, but he's far behind the likes of Bale and James Rodriguez haha. Thais have quite a few talented, highly technically skilled players for all positions (except goalkeeper as there's no one who's capable of replacing Kawin) and they could have been the dark horse of the tournament if they had proper leadership.

Voted by journalists. They even listed the voters and there were a few Southeast Asians but none from Thailand. I'll try to find a picture but it was from a very recent issue xD

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'd imagine it was hard when they qualified but judging by what you've said it doesn't seem all that odd anymore. Still, the tournament isn't over and it would upset the team mechanics to do this now. Granted this is not Spain, another group that did something stupid of the same order, but players are players no matter where they play. I hope they beat atleast one of the other two teams.

Even this China vs Kyrgystan game so far.

The latter have been better at keeping posession but the former look more dangerous up front.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'd imagine it was hard when they qualified but judging by what you've said it doesn't seem all that odd anymore. Still, the tournament isn't over and it would upset the team mechanics to do this now. Granted this is not Spain, another group that did something stupid of the same order, but players are players no matter where they play. I hope they beat atleast one of the other two teams.

I would agree that normally it would upset the team dynamics, but it's rumoured that the players not wanting to play under Rajevic was the main reason he's been sacked, so I think you can't get more disruptive atmosphere than that anyway... Choketawee Promrut, who's a highly respected popular figure among the players has already been brought in for this tournament by the Thai FA as one of the assistant coaches in order to boost team morale, so it's probably fair to say that everyone saw it coming; probably should have just done that before the cup started though...

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I would agree that normally it would upset the team dynamics, but it's rumoured that the players not wanting to play under Rajevic was the main reason he's been sacked, so I think you can't get more disruptive atmosphere than that anyway... Choketawee Promrut, who's a highly respected popular figure among the players has already been brought in for this tournament by the Thai FA as one of the assistant coaches in order to boost team morale, so it's probably fair to say that everyone saw it coming; probably should have just done that before the cup started though...

I suppose the wakeup call was them not winning the 'potentially' easiest match of their group because I doubt the UAE or Bahrain will be going down on the need to win after the draw yesterday. All the best to them.

Archived