talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jamaal Lascelles - Everton Latest to be Linked With Defender

Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez is confident Jamaal Lascelles is happy at St James' Park amid speculation linking him with a summer bid from Chelsea.

The 24-year-old central defender has been impressive as the Magpies have eased their way towards Premier League safety and has been tipped to force his way into England reckoning for the World Cup.

Reports have suggested Chelsea are preparing a £30m summer bid and a lucrative pay offer to tempt Lascelles away from Tyneside, but Benitez is convinced he is content where he is.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Aye, especially when players like Maguire are being given a chance and not Lascelles. Totally unfair

Maguire walks into your side so I don't really understand that one. 

Edit, didn't specify which of your sides, Man Utd.

Macguire's a weird one to me. A lot of people were impressed with him in our match against Leicester in December... but I thought he was pretty poor at dealing with anything that wasn't crosses. I've seen him do some things really well, I've also seen him do some things that if it was Lovren, or Matip, for us... he'd get crucified for.

I haven't watched a lot of Newcastle this season... and what I have seen has not been all that impressive. But the two of them seem comparable, two good defenders who may or may not be ready to make the step up.

10 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Maguire would be the fifth option at best for man utd, so miss me with that bullshit. Would rather see paddy mcnair get another chance before Maguire.

"Miss me with that bullshit" 😂😂

• Subscriber

I wasn't being entirely serious in all honesty xD I do think he's easily better than 5th choice for them though. I agree that while on the ball he's excellent, there are question marks at times over his defending. I do wonder if he'd look more at home in a better side though that comes under less pressure.

Lascelles is by all accounts having a very good season at Newcastle.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Macguire's a weird one to me. A lot of people were impressed with him in our match against Leicester in December... but I thought he was pretty poor at dealing with anything that wasn't crosses. I've seen him do some things really well, I've also seen him do some things that if it was Lovren, or Matip, for us... he'd get crucified for.

I haven't watched a lot of Newcastle this season... and what I have seen has not been all that impressive. But the two of them seem comparable, two good defenders who may or may not be ready to make the step up.

Salah outmuscled and turned him far too easily for your 2nd. I know Salah's having a fantastic season but I was very surprised that it was that aspect of the game that Maguire was beaten on by him.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Bailly

Smalling

Rojo

Lindelof

Jones

Maguire would be a fifth option at best bro. Would rather see Tuanzabe be giving a proper chance before overrated maguire tbh

xD you're having a laugh with a couple of them. Smalling and Rojo in-particular, and I'm not convinced with Lindelof either.

Leader, captain and on pitch heart beat of the renaissance at only 24. Do not sell for less than £50m. Growing rapidly as a player and leader this year. The stats with him compared to without are quite frightening. We basically concede 3 or 4 a game when he doesn't play and have one of the best defences in the league when he does.

Last season he wasn't great though, Clark was much better. Lascelles has just rocketed, form could collapse any time and the test will be recovering from it.

• 2 months later...

They’ve also offered, though it’s been rejected, £25 for Jamal Lascelles. 

Whether a lot of this is false pretence or they’re genuine remains to be seen but if they are genuine, West Ham have shown some intent by appointing a decent manager in Pellegrini and have made, what look like on paper at least, a couple of good signings thus far in Ryan Fredericks and Jack Wilshere. They’re being linked with decent names too in Felipe Anderson. 

6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

They’ve also offered, though it’s been rejected, £25 for Jamal Lascelles. 

Whether a lot of this is false pretence or they’re genuine remains to be seen but if they are genuine, West Ham have shown some intent by appointing a decent manager in Pellegrini and have made, what look like on paper at least, a couple of good signings thus far in Ryan Fredericks and Jack Wilshere. They’re being linked with decent names too in Felipe Anderson. 

Best me to my next thread xD

If all the signings materialise, I imagine Pellegrini will be under some pressure to deliver from the off set.

• Subscriber

What's West Hams game here? Initially I was impressed with the business they were doing, now they just seem to be trying to get as many good players as possible which is fine but surely this will have an impact on them with regards to FPP and not being able to register all of their players for their Premier League squad...

Has there been an exodus that I've just missed? Or are they taking a massive gamble on getting into Europe on one year of big spending and high wages in the hope that the extra windfall from doing so will be enough to keep them up there and financially stable? If it's the latter that doesn't tend to work out well for clubs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Jamaal Lascelles - Everton Latest to be Linked With Defender
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived