talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Fans Voted Noisiest in Premier League

xD

Liverpool fans have been voted as the Premier League's noisiest - with Manchester United supporters even conceding the Anfield club have their favourite rival song.

The findings were made in a poll of over 4,000 followers of top-flight teams, former players and managers conducted by Barclays and YouGov.

Those surveyed placed Liverpool fans first when they were asked which club had the loudest backing and whose supporters sing the most for their team both at home and away.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Stan said:

If you're talking pre-match just before kick off and 93rd minute when they're winning, then yes. 

This. And only against the ‘big’ clubs.

I’d say Palace have the best home atmosphere in the Prem.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Maybe we could all catch up by printing some song sheets and leaving them on the seats 😐

Pretty sure Reading actually did that few seasons back xD

Hate to say it but spurs are very good.  Even at Wembley they have a good atmosphere. White hart lane was very good. The Emirates amazes me at how so many people can be so quiet. The worst atmosphere I've seen is England at Wembley

The poll is pointless as you have to conjure up from memory what everyone's fans are like, since no one goes to every ground every week they are reliant on big tv games they remember. 

Here's the top 5 from the poll

Noisiest home fans: 1st Liverpool. 2nd Newcastle. 3rd. Crystal Palace. 4th Manchester United 5th Stoke City.

Noisiest away fans: 1st Liverpool. 2nd Newcastle. 3rd Manchester United. 4th West Ham. 5th Crystal Palace.

On 13/4/2018 at 02:11, Stan said:

If you're talking pre-match just before kick off and 93rd minute when they're winning, then yes. 

I have been to Anfield in a match against Arsenal in 2015 (the 2-2 that had Skrtel score the last minute header) and we were hugely disappointed by the Kop. They made a ton of noise pre-match with the YNWA song and whatnot but throughout the match all we heard were Arsenal fans. The Kop didn't make a peep. I'm not sold its a "magical atmosphere". You want that, go to La Boca to see Boca Juniors.

33 minutes ago, Blue said:

I have been to Anfield in a match against Arsenal in 2015 (the 2-2 that had Skrtel score the last minute header) and we were hugely disappointed by the Kop. They made a ton of noise pre-match with the YNWA song and whatnot but throughout the match all we heard were Arsenal fans. The Kop didn't make a peep. I'm not sold its a "magical atmosphere". You want that, go to La Boca to see Boca Juniors.

The Súper Clásico (Boca v River) has to be the greatest fan show on earth without a doubt although the Spanish Clásico isn't far behind in that respect.  

Live been in Argentina 3 times and unfortunately all 3 times I didn't get to attend that. Before I day I have to do it without a doubt in the world.

Archived