talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2017/18 - Matchday 30 - 13-1th April, 2018

football forum

• Subscriber

At least they manage to grind out those results while other teams don't; that's efficiency, very fitting for an engineer too :ph34r: 

I guess we'll see how good or bad he really is once the summer is over and the new season starts. Loved the videos of him chanting with the ultras in the stands though, much rather see some emotions than something similar to Peter Stöger almost falling asleep on the bench during the derby and then giving lackluster post-match interviews, haha.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not often I smile after games these days, but your latest post was a little bit special.  Now I have to pack my sunglasses as I am told it will be 25 on Wednesday when I am in the Veltins for the Frankfurt game - have a glass for me tonight!:German:

SORRY, I SHOULD ADD THAT I WAS REALLY HAPPY TO SEE YOUR POINT TODAY AND SAFETY FOR NEXT YEAR!

53 minutes ago, nudge said:

Best league position for Schalke in almost a decade, CL spot secured, gives cult interviews and celebrates in the stands with the ultras after derby win - not too bad for an engineer then! :D 

He seems very fake to me. Like he thinks he has to be that way coaching a team like Schalke. 

And his interview are funny because his choice of words is completely nonsense :D

• Subscriber
Just now, Faithcore said:

He seems very fake to me. Like he thinks he has to be that way coaching a team like Schalke. 

And his interview are funny because his choice of words is completely nonsense :D

Yes, and that's what makes them cult xD 

Fake or not, it's still refreshing :P 

I worked with many young teachers who were exactly the same - good in one subject and when out of their depth just used humour to divert the kids away from asking questions they were unable to answer.  It was - at times - amusing, but eventually all the chickens came home to roost.  The problem is the hierarchy at 04 seem as dead to the reality as the coach is and when Leon and Max go in June and Naldo retires in favour of Sane we will have to rely on young Kehrer (ok) and McKennie (out of his depth) and the CL will be a disaster as complacency cannot be repaired overnight!  With Di Santo and Burgstaller leading up front we will have a goal tally as low as the defence have let in this time!

Brilliant leader - great with kids - fully respected by Senior players - been there, done that- and never ever displayed a possible attack of being up his own bottom - there are many young ex-players looking to manager, but his qualifications and CV would be hard to beat and I really believe everyone would be giving an even chance with him based on their ability and not - as now - the smoothness of their bottoms!

You asked the question and - if you can find anyone with those qualities will accept him - we have to break the mould of the coach/manager not putting the team and fans first before trying to please the men upstairs in the board room.  Simply achieving some form of a result just to justify their choice is not the answer to long term success and we have had too many in charge over recent seasons (probably as much if not more than any other club) that serious thought has to be given to a long-tern appointment.  Tedesco's 'success' this season will get him a good financial offer and he will go to whoever offers it!  Then we will have to start again! and again and again......

• Subscriber

Is anyone watching Mainz v Freiburg? Haven't seen anything like it before, xD  Kempf handles the ball in the box, the ref misses it, whistles the end of the 1st half. Freiburg players are already in the dressing room when VAR intervenes, after some discussions and after watching the replay, the ref gives the penalty and forces Freiburg players back on the pitch from the dressing room xD Jesus, what a complete cockup.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Is anyone watching Mainz v Freiburg? Haven't seen anything like it before, xD  Kempf handles the ball in the box, the ref misses it, whistles the end of the 1st half. Freiburg players are already in the dressing room when VAR intervenes, after some discussions and after watching the replay, the ref gives the penalty and forces Freiburg players back on the pitch from the dressing room xD Jesus, what a complete cockup.

xD mess. 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Did not see it but I'm guessing it was probably not even a clear penalty? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Faithcore said:

Did not see it but I'm guessing it was probably not even a clear penalty? 

100% penalty, don't know how the ref missed it in the first place... xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived