• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
On 16/11/2022 at 04:13, Bluewolf said:

Anyone remember these?? 

250px-Pop-Rocks-Small.jpg

Bet no-one remembers the outrageous advert that went with it... B|

Times were simpler back then. I remember they used to come in these really weirdly packaged packets. 

On 19/11/2022 at 23:32, Rucksackfranzose said:

Playing the devil's advocate: Whether you should call the times of child labour as the good old days can be argued about.:P

It's mostly the point of the thread.... B| All the same horrible things or worse occurred in 'The Good Old Days' only we were shielded from the worst of it because we didn't have social media in our faces from the moment we opened our eyes.. Health & Safety was non existent, medicine was not as advanced, war and murder was still going on around the world but we were oblivious to most of it so we saw ye olden days as mostly a positive adventure in our youth... I mean this was the kind of headline news we were getting... xD

See the source image

On the plus side, we learnt through our own mistakes and most people had a lot more common sense growing up and a lot of the better things from the past are sadly missing like getting my 3 shillings pay at the end of the month for completing 42 chimneys... Used to look forward to that... money well earned 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

It's mostly the point of the thread.... B| All the same horrible things or worse occurred in 'The Good Old Days' only we were shielded from the worst of it because we didn't have social media in our faces from the moment we opened our eyes.. Health & Safety was non existent, medicine was not as advanced, war and murder was still going on around the world but we were oblivious to most of it so we saw ye olden days as mostly a positive adventure in our youth... I mean this was the kind of headline news we were getting... xD

See the source image

On the plus side, we learnt through our own mistakes and most people had a lot more common sense growing up and a lot of the better things from the past are sadly missing like getting my 3 shillings pay at the end of the month for completing 42 chimneys... Used to look forward to that... money well earned 

I remember that and it JUST had to be associated with the SUN  xD

download.png

Just now, nudge said:

So, basically English BILD xD

Definitely. BILD was even worse. Straight up bare titties on the frontpage. I remember seeing them on the newspaper vending machines, for everyone to see. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tommy said:

Definitely. BILD was even worse. Straight up bare titties on the frontpage. I remember seeing them on the newspaper vending machines, for everyone to see. 

Was the only reason I had a look at their frontpage from 1981 to 1984, to be honest.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 3

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Was the only reason I had a look at their frontpage from 1981 to 1984, to be honest.

Those were the days the same as the SUNS Page 3 xD

download (1).png

download.png

9_9

I cut half the page off so no boobies showed and got you all excited Rucks. :P

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Those were the days the same as the SUNS Page 3 xD

download (1).png

download.png

9_9

I cut half the page off so no boobies showed and got you all excited Rucks. :P

And Schalke were losing. Some things never change. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...