In the good old days....

football forum

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Imagine the cane was around today? 

I started school only a few years after corporal punishment was abolished and I can clearly remember certain teachers struggling to control a class with the same authority they'd previously have.

Fairly often a board rubber would fly across the room hitting the back wall as that's all they could get away with.  

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Fairly often a board rubber would fly across the room hitting the back wall as that's all they could get away with.  

One of my teachers once threw an actual brick across the room in the general direction of an annoying student 😂 

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Imagine the cane was around today? 

Today's youth would stick the cane right up the teacher's jacksie's xD

Teachers in the old days were built like brick shithouses and that's including the lady teachers, you would run a mile if they shouted with a cane in their PAWS. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

One of my teachers once threw an actual brick across the room in the general direction of an annoying student 😂 

That could have ended badly.

I'd say teaching teenagers must be one of the most frustrating jobs on the planet. 

For every keen enthusiastic student there is an immature cocky little trouble maker looking to destroy your class.

3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Oh student.

Remember the substitute teachers, they'd get it worse than anyone.

It was like they were being paid to come babysit and the whole class would go wild. Even the grade A students would lose focus and make their lives hell.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Devil said:

That could have ended badly.

I'd say teaching teenagers must be one of the most frustrating jobs on the planet. 

For every keen enthusiastic student there is an immature cocky little trouble maker looking to destroy your class.

Yeah, although the little prick deserved it, tbh :ph34r: Think afterwards he threatened to complain to the media and get TV involved, too xD When the teacher and the school principal suggested to get his parents involved instead, all his courage suddenly disappeared xD 

Can't imagine it happening today, the teacher would probably lose her job and get a criminal record or something xD 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, nudge said:

Where did he get a brick from in the first place? Was the building falling apart? xD

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Where did he get a brick from in the first place? Was the building falling apart? xD

She, not he. And I honestly don't know xD she was one of the coolest, chill and non-conventional teachers with all kinds of crazy ideas in school, so that probably had something to do with that 😂 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

@nudge had a brick stored in her handbag and sneaked it to him/her. xD

Fun fact: a friend and I once sneaked beer into her class and drank it while hiding behind the bookcases during the lesson xD proper idiots.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why not both?

Because a) I dislike being drunk; and b) it seems a terrible waste of good Scotch (especially single malt) to get smashed to the point where you're just consuming alcohol without appreciating the flavour. 

I prefer just having a good dram or two outside late at night after work - smells good, tastes good, and is very relaxing...

36 minutes ago, nudge said:

Because a) I dislike being drunk; and b) it seems a terrible waste of good Scotch (especially single malt) to get smashed to the point where you're just consuming alcohol without appreciating the flavour. 

I prefer just having a good dram or two outside late at night after work - smells good, tastes good, and is very relaxing...

I enjoy good scotch and good whiskey & I also like getting drunk.

On 03/06/2020 at 08:45, MUFC said:

I loved he roundabout. Get people to spin it full pelt. when you you were spinning at a really fast speed you'd jump off. 

I thought of that too, though recall people spinning it at full pelt with the small frightened kid on it while all his friends ran off.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, nudge said:

Fun fact: a friend and I once sneaked beer into her class and drank it while hiding behind the bookcases during the lesson xD proper idiots.

Here's one I remember when working for a bank, a girl annoyed as a chap had stood her up at lunch time bought him a pint of guinness.

She hid it in her coat walked back up the High Street past security into the lift and put on his desk.

Think he was a bit shocked when he saw it.

They never became an item although everyone expected they would.

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...