• Ryan Sessegnon

• Administrator

Raheem Sterling
Harry Kane
Ederson
Leroy Sane
Marcus Rashford
Ryan Sessegnon

The fact Fulham's player has made it is incredible and very deserving of being shortlisted. Whether he'll win is another matter - think Kane or Sterling will get the accolade.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Am I allowed to think it’s weird to nominate 24 year-olds or would that be being rattled?

Either way, it should be Sane.

yeah i think the age should be lowered to 23 max. at the moment you have to be 23 on July 1st before the season to be eligible. so that age should be lowered to 22. 

Instead of 'Young Player of the Season', why not something like 'Breakthrough Player of the Season'?

It would be more in spirit of an award rather than just an age of a player determining whether or not they are eligible.

21 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Instead of 'Young Player of the Season', why not something like 'Breakthrough Player of the Season'?

It would be more in spirit of an award rather than just an age of a player determining whether or not they are eligible.

Breakthrough Player of the Season is what they have in Spain "Revelación Joven de la Temporada"

24 was considered very young years back and due to how early players start these days the sensation is to go lower as time goes by. I mean, a player entering his 30s these days is considered old and almost past it if we're honest now.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Agree with this. Should be a player who had less than 20 or 30 appearances at the start of the season and has appeared that many times or more this season.

Players like Dominic Calvert-Lewin, not to be biased but because he's the first example I'm aware of as an Everton fan who fits the bill. Others like Christensen at Chelsea, Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool, perhaps Loftus-Cheek. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, 6666 said:

21 or under at the start of the season.

This 

Same argument every year. But I think 22 should be the oldest, with the criteria being as you have said. 

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Agree with this. Should be a player who had less than 20 or 30 appearances at the start of the season and has appeared that many times or more this season.

Players like Dominic Calvert-Lewin, not to be biased but because he's the first example I'm aware of as an Everton fan who fits the bill. Others like Christensen at Chelsea, Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool, perhaps Loftus-Cheek. 

Davinson Sanchez is the obvious one for me that should be in there as well 

No idea how Rashford has been nominated 

Leroy Sane.

Think he's been brilliant for his first proper full season and shown just what a frightening talent he is. He's listened to Pep and taken on board the feedback which shows in his development. Untouchable up to the start of January in his position, he bounced back well after that nasty injury against Cardiff and after a little lay off, will look to finish the season strong for the World Cup.

Such a beautiful left peg. He is only going to get better and better.

Archived