talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City Become First Team To Name Shirt Sleeve Sponsor

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shirt sleeve sponsorship? No. If these are going to be introduced they should be free and aim to encourage either charities or increased welfare in a similar vein to how Barcelona adorned UNICEF on the front of their kits a few years ago. Granted this has been retained on the back.

football forum

I was always under the impression that by FA law you had to have a chest sponsor and nothing else, obviously the rules must have changed or I was misunderstood. 

Even though Manchester City are the first to announce this we've already confirmed that we are talking to an un-named company about a sleeve sponsor for next season so I'd expect this to become the norm in 12 months time, the whole league will be doing it.

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Premier league should have blocked this. It's going to get out of hand.

Whores :ph34r:

Been a thing on the continent for years

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I was always under the impression that by FA law you had to have a chest sponsor and nothing else, obviously the rules must have changed or I was misunderstood. 

Even though Manchester City are the first to announce this we've already confirmed that we are talking to an un-named company about a sleeve sponsor for next season so I'd expect this to become the norm in 12 months time, the whole league will be doing it.

I was under this illusion too. We had jelly on the back of our shirt the year we went up. Then it went. Sounds embarrassing but nobody noticed it.

'The death of football' 

'It's gone too far'

'Bring back Shankly and Busby'

'Football wasn't invented in 1992'

Fuck me.

I don't understand why everyone gets all nostalgic when the global businesses we all religiously throw money at find another revenue stream that surely affects nobody in the manner the average football fan's knee-jerk Lad-Bible-esque responses would suggest.

Does it actually matter that City want two sponsors instead of one? I mean, I can understand questions being asked if they had just signed a 3 year training kit sponsorship deal with Islamic State, but it's a fucking tyre company logo on a sleeve. 

Yawn. Next.

18 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

'The death of football' 

'It's gone too far'

'Bring back Shankly and Busby'

'Football wasn't invented in 1992'

Fuck me.

I don't understand why everyone gets all nostalgic when the global businesses we all religiously throw money at find another revenue stream that surely affects nobody in the manner the average football fan's knee-jerk Lad-Bible-esque responses would suggest.

Does it actually matter that City want two sponsors instead of one? I mean, I can understand questions being asked if they had just signed a 3 year training kit sponsorship deal with Islamic State, but it's a fucking tyre company logo on a sleeve. 

Yawn. Next.

I personally don't have a problem with it. In 2006 we had a kit from diadorra (of all people) that was sexy beyond its time and that had some unessecary spots on the sleeve that would change colour based on temperature. Would anyone have noticed if it was a logo? Would they fuck. The logo on a sleeve or on the back of a shirt or shorts are so small nobody really bats an eyelid.

In this case I don't see the problem.  If you're gonna have sponsors on football kits, then who cares where they put them?  There are various clubs that have that and even some with a sponsor on their bum.

The only question the Man City fans should be asking is if that extra money is going to be invested on bettering City's chances of winning silverware.  I would say that indeed that will be the case.

Archived