Swansea 4-1 West Ham
Liverpool 4-1 West Ham

Stoke 1-2 Tottenham
Arsenal 3-0 Stoke
Stoke 1-2 Everton
Stoke 0-2 Man City
Southampton 0-0 Stoke

Match Info
There is only one win in 10 games from the two.
West Ham won 3-0 away at Stoke in December's reverse fixture.
The last 3 meetings between these 2 at West Ham have ended in 0-0 or 1-1 draws
Stoke are still yet to win away again since beating Watford in October
West Ham could go up to 12th should they win
Stoke can not get out of the relegation zone but will go above Southampton if they win.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

the total lack of replies in this match thread really does epitomise how bad this game has been.

Stoke just give free-kicks away constantly. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

that's most likely Joe Hart not going to Russia, either. Didn't he fumble a shot which led to a goal a couple of weeks ago?

I’d take him. I’m actually serious. 

I’d be shocked, though it would be the most England thing of all time, if it transpired that the third choice ever got close to starting a game in a World Cup but Hart is 30 and has 75 caps, has been to four tournaments and has won trophies and played in some big games domestically. Jack Butland, Nick Pope and Jordan Pickford have very little experience and I imagine, barely have 100 Premier League appearances between them, let alone experience at a tournament. 

It cant hurt to have someone with Hart’s experience there to lend a helping hand (bad pun right now and not intended) to the younger lads. 

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

I literally watched for about eight minutes and turned it off. 

funnily enough, it livened up after that post xD

That's known as 'doing a @Dan

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

that's most likely Joe Hart not going to Russia, either. Didn't he fumble a shot which led to a goal a couple of weeks ago?

I'm convinced no level of performance will prevent Hart going to Russia. Southgate will bottle it and use the 'experience' line when his experience, by and large, has been pretty awful and I'd argue even a hindrance as I'd be trying to wipe away those kinds of memories.

Saw the game. Thought West Ham were poor and Stoke were abysmal.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’d take him. I’m actually serious. 

I’d be shocked, though it would be the most England thing of all time, if it transpired that the third choice ever got close to starting a game in a World Cup but Hart is 30 and has 75 caps, has been to four tournaments and has won trophies and played in some big games domestically. Jack Butland, Nick Pope and Jordan Pickford have very little experience and I imagine, barely have 100 Premier League appearances between them, let alone experience at a tournament. 

It cant hurt to have someone with Hart’s experience there to lend a helping hand (bad pun right now and not intended) to the younger lads. 

Like I say, I think that experience could have a detrimental effect. Might sound ridiculous but the bloke looks like a bag of nerves to me, especially for England. I'd go with Pope.

• The title was changed to Monday 16th April - West Ham 1-1 Stoke
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived