talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City - 2017/18 Premier League Champions!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I'll say it. You could stick any manager in that position and win the title I don't really give Pep much credit... That team is just a monster of dominance no one can touch those players.

Absolute Bollox's  :coffee:

Something we’ve all known since about September and we’ve just been waiting around for confirmation. Still, they’re a great side and deserve the accolades they’re getting. 

It would be nice to see a three or four team battle for a title one year, it’s usually two teams battling it out. I’d quite like to see something a bit different. 

Was obvious for the last couple of months or more. They won it and won it in real style and I cant think of any team that won playing so much attractive football in the recent past, may be Chelsea 2010 is the latest one I think.

One thing that makes me happy about this championship is, all the analysts and british media houses that thought Pep cant deliver in premier league and how his style wont be winning things in PL have to shut all their mouths. 

Also I dont get the complaints about him spending money, atleast he shows his spending's worth on the pitch by playing eye catching football unlike shoving 10 expensive players behind the ball to snatch a point away from home and be in the title race.  

34 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He did. 

Except unlike Guardiola, Pellegrini did it his first season. 

Well yeah, but I mean with this new improved squad. Mancini could win it again with them. Fuck it i'd hazard a guess that Moyes might even be able to.

2 hours ago, Dickie said:

Well yeah, but I mean with this new improved squad. Mancini could win it again with them. Fuck it i'd hazard a guess that Moyes might even be able to.

Remember that he built the squad with the best acquisitions he could possibly acquire so as to reproduce the football he is known for.

To say Guardiola has benefitted from great players and is the reason why he has been successful is to also throw the same stone at the great majority of coaches past and present.  It's also not just about being victorious but also about a style, an aesthetics that's plainly obvious and almost a trademark with his teams.  You can't take merit away from the man whether you prefer another or not.

6 hours ago, Dickie said:

You're telling me Pellegrini couldnt do it with that squad?

Mourhino has spent about the same as us but is 16pts behind  ..it's not all about the money, Pep is why we play like we do  ..you can have the fastest race car in the world but it's useless onless you have an equally good driver  

Thanks for all the congrats. Been a speical season of consistant football. Hopefully will go from strength to strength next season. Losing in the CL was dissapointing but still a season to be proud of. Been a tough week for me personally but football sometimes can give you that release I suppose.

On 4/16/2018 at 16:02, Dickie said:

You're telling me Pellegrini couldnt do it with that squad?

Pellegrini would not have made what Sterling, Sane were today. He wouldnt have improved Jesus, Stones (until the injury atleast) and made the whole team play the way they played and won the title. Maybe he might have won the championship, im not sure but with the likes of Man United with Mourinho, you can never tell he would have won for sure. One thing is for sure is that Pep hasnt bought any ready made top players, all of them he brought in were the ones with "potential" which could go either way. 

2 minutes ago, Asura said:

Pellegrini would not have made what Sterling, Sane were today. He wouldnt have improved Jesus, Stones (until the injury atleast) and made the whole team play the way they played and won the title. Maybe he might have won the championship, im not sure but with the likes of Man United with Mourinho, you can never tell he would have won for sure. One thing is for sure is that Pep hasnt bought any ready made top players, all of them he brought in were the ones with "potential" which could go either way. 

Walker and Gundogan were already established players to be fair. 

I'm more impressed with the way he took Silva and KDB to the 'next level'. 

Similar to what Mourinho did with Lampard and Sneijder 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Walker and Gundogan were already established players to be fair. 

I'm more impressed with the way he took Silva and KDB to the 'next level'. 

Similar to what Mourinho did with Lampard and Sneijder 

True, especially with Walker but with Gundogan its again 50-50 IMO because he was always injury prone and I dont even think he played that many matches for City this season as a regular?

He definitely improved most of the players barring Bravo xD

Archived