talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FourFourTwo Rank Premier League Managers This Season

• Administrator

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-every-current-premier-league-manager-based-their-work-season?_format=amp&__twitter_impression=true

1. Guardiola

2. Pochettino

3. Dyche

4. Benitez

5. Carvalhal

I'd have Hodgson higher than 15th. Palace were in dire straits and hadn't even got a point. He's turned them around remarkably. 

I'd also have Hughton above Puel. Brighton were tipped for relegation so he's by far exceeded expectations. Don't think Pochettino should be as high as 2nd. 

Mourinho in 12th. Conte in 14th. Wenger 17th. Allardyce 18th. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have guardiola first and dyche second. Can't understand pochetinno above dyche. Hodson would be near the top considering he got all palaces points this year

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It’s a bit wierd how Poch is above Klopp too considering we are above them in the league and have at least a Champions League semi-final to look forward to? 

Liverpool spend more

How is Eddie Howe 7th? I actually think Bournemouth have regressed.

They played some excellent football on their first season up and comfortably stayed up. They then continued this style along with some big money spent finishing 9th last season, a really great result for them.

But this year I think they have struggled. When I've seen them, more often than not, they seem to have lost that spark they had before and run out of idea's fairly quick. 

Ok granted, they have picked up a bit lately and comeback from losing positions on three or four occasions but I think it's lazy journalism to have Howe as far as 7th.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-every-current-premier-league-manager-based-their-work-season?_format=amp&__twitter_impression=true

1. Guardiola

2. Pochettino

3. Dyche

4. Benitez

5. Carvalhal

I'd have Hodgson higher than 15th. Palace were in dire straits and hadn't even got a point. He's turned them around remarkably. 

I'd also have Hughton above Puel. Brighton were tipped for relegation so he's by far exceeded expectations. Don't think Pochettino should be as high as 2nd. 

Mourinho in 12th. Conte in 14th. Wenger 17th. Allardyce 18th. 

Dire straits after what 6 games? That Palace squad is as capable as it is showing to be bottom half, survived relegation just about. Hodgson is an extremely limited manager.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

How is Eddie Howe 7th? I actually think Bournemouth have regressed.

They played some excellent football on their first season up and comfortably stayed up. They then continued this style along with some big money spent finishing 9th last season, a really great result for them.

But this year I think they have struggled. When I've seen them, more often than not, they seem to have lost that spark they had before and run out of idea's fairly quick. 

Ok granted, they have picked up a bit lately and comeback from losing positions on three or four occasions but I think it's lazy journalism to have Howe as far as 7th.

I'd happily drop Howe to about 10th or 11th.

My order would be:

1. Guardiola - they've won the league with absolute ease.
2. Klopp - probably play some of the best football in the league at times. 
3. Dyche - worked wonders with Burnley and proving to a lot of the football world if you stick with a manager it can work in the end. On the brink of Europe.
4. Benitez - a high position fuelled by recent upturn in form after a turbulent winter but has done very well as they were a probably a popular tip to go down
5. Pochettino - kept Spurs in the race for the top 4. Good footballing side but need to start winning something soon...
6. Carvalhal - provided Swansea with a fight for survival as opposed to going out with a whimper. Job not complete but arrived in tough circumstances
7. Hughton - done superbly with Brighton. Definitely doubts at the start of the season for Brighton to be relegated. All but safe and deserves lots of credit for that.
8. Puel - we were 1 point off relegation when he arrived. Provided enough to get us well clear of the that threat and contend for European place but season ending with a whimper
9. Wagner - similar to Hughton at Brighton. Tip for relegation but done enough at the start of the season to get enough points to cover for their recent blip in form. Should survive so deserves similar amount of credit as Hughton will get.
10. Hodgson - could be a contender for manager of the season? Palace on 0 points when he took over and has guided them to safety no doubt. Should be heavily commended.
11. Mourinho - perhaps 11th is a bit harsh as they're still gonna finish 2nd but style of football has been terrible. Perhaps exaggerated by how good their city rivals have been.
12. Moyes - stabilised West Ham after they looked doomed 
13. Howe - agree with what Lucas said. Have they improved? I don't think so. They've done well to survive again but nothing special.
14. Gracia - similar to Moyes in that he has provided a bit of stability for the club and taken the attention away from their managerial change.
15. Conte - very disappointing considering the talent at his disposal and amount of money spent. Looks to have downed tools at some points in the 2nd half of the season.
16. Allardyce - taken Everton away from relegation places as it looked dire for them at one stage but style/brand of football leaves a lot to be desired.
17. Lambert - arrived in difficult circumstances and stopped the rot somewhat but still look like their 10 year Premier League stay will come to an end.
18. Wenger - shite. similar to Conte in that should do better with amount spent and ability of squad. Europa League taking focus but has enough in the squad to compete in the league as well. 
19. Hughes - taking 2 sides down is a special achievement but an unwanted one. Terrible appointment by Southampton and they should have aimed higher with the calibre of manager.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Dire straits after what 6 games? That Palace squad is as capable as it is showing to be bottom half, survived relegation just about. Hodgson is an extremely limited manager.

they'd lost 7 in a row. Hadn't even scored. Were rooted to the bottom of the table. he may be limited but he deserves credit for not keeping them in that situation. 

Pochettino must only be up there because some people have yet to recalibrate their brains to accept Tottenham are a top 4 side. They must still think he's got some mid table team punching above their weight.

Tottenham are having a worse league season than last. If that was a Chelsea managers slip he'd be called shit.

• Subscriber

Still think it's way too early. How can you put Wagner 10th when Huddersfield could still go down? Carvalhal 5th? Fucking hell.

How can Carvalhal be 5th and Hodgson 15th?

Pochettino 2nd is a joke as well. 4th at best for me. Top three are Guardiola, Dyche and Benitez - assuming neither of the latter fall to bits.

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Pochettino must only be up there because some people have yet to recalibrate their brains to accept Tottenham are a top 4 side. They must still think he's got some mid table team punching above their weight.

Tottenham are having a worse league season than last. If that was a Chelsea managers slip he'd be called shit.

On my phone so won’t give a detailed reply but are we are massively punching above our weight. The other clubs around us have far bigger wage bills, far bigger income and spend a lot more money. Poch has done a marvellous job, and considering we’ve had 38 away games this season he’s done superbly to have us where he has

As much as I hate the fat Spanish prick, he's shut me up this year and has done a lot better than I expected with Newcastle. It's clear England is his comfort zone. La Liga is still for debate after how he did with Madrid but he needs to stay away from Serie A and continue in the place he does best.

8 minutes ago, Storts said:

On my phone so won’t give a detailed reply but are we are massively punching above our weight. The other clubs around us have far bigger wage bills, far bigger income and spend a lot more money. Poch has done a marvellous job, and considering we’ve had 38 away games this season he’s done superbly to have us where he has

Your starting XI is easily the best and arguably the most balanced in the league, bar City. 

Add the depth in Winks, Son, Moura, Sanchez, Wanyama, Rose, 

I really don't know what you are on about. 

Archived