talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Thursday 19th April

football forum

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much needed result. Gained 5 points on Spurs in two games. Going to need to be at our absolute best the rest of the season in hope of a miracle. 

Emerson and Giroud should be nailed on starters going forward. Much better performance from Moses.

4 games to go. 

• Subscriber

I can normally post in detail about any game but that one is just so hard. We started well but after then it was just a chore to watch. Each time we go without playing at home my support for Puel gradually grows, then the home game arrives and it nosedives. I don't want to sack managers regularly but I think he's gone in the summer. 4 wins in 17, no win at home in three months - and we've played Bournemouth, Stoke, Southampton, Swansea and Newcastle in that time. Even the two wins at home this calendar year were against hugely out of form sides in Watford and Huddersfield.

I was happy with the team but found the following conclusions, yet again:

- Iheanacho hasn't had a single good game at home for us, and hasn't had a single good game where he started the game. He's brain-dead.

- Gray once again flatters to deceive.

- Dragovic over Morgan is the right call.

- Diabate should start every game.

- Adrien Silva is looking like yet another waste of money. He's OK, but I wouldn't go much more than that.

Most worrying to me tonight is the personnel made more sense and we still had the same issues. An outright refusal to try and get in behind them. What the fuck's that all about?

I think Puel's got some good ideas but I don't think it'll work out for him here. He won't get the time and performances like tonight won't help his cause.

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Its easy to hate a drunk that ended someone's life and didnt get punished.

Leave him alone, he's been punished enough. He had to give up a week's wages.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived