17. AC Milan (Italy) - 52.928
  18. Newcastle United (England) - 51.957
  19. AFC Ajax (Netherlands) - 51.940
  20. Bor. Mönchengladbach (Germany) - 50.996

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Europe's Top 20 Average Attendances 17/18

It's already been talked about in the Spanish media this season on Barcelona's average attendance. They're blaming it on the fact the league season was over in November. Infact after Barça beat Real Madrid 0-3 at the Santiago Bernabéu, the attendance for the top four sides in Spain went down dramatically.

The Camp Nou begins its redevelopment next year and it's actually going to become bigger.

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's already been talked about in the Spanish media this season on Barcelona's average attendance. They're blaming it on the fact the league season was over in November. Infact after Barça beat Real Madrid 0-3 at the Santiago Bernabéu, the attendance for the top four sides in Spain went down dramatically.

The Camp Nou begins its redevelopment next year and it's actually going to become bigger.

would the game against Las Palmas have an effect, considering there was no-one there? 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

would the game against Las Palmas have an effect, considering there was no-one there? 

Obviously scarcely attended games like the one against UD Las Palmas and the game against Getafe I think it was, affect the overall attendance averages when looked at towards the end of the season. Like I said before, games this season for the top clubs have been affected massively because of how the competition for the title panned out. The eventual champions has looked pretty clear all the way back since the beginning of November while the top four in general minus a slight variation on Sevilla has also looked clear... Add to that the fact that even the bottom three relegation potential sides has looked more or less pretty evident, and you get this sort of thing occurring.

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

One of my friends was telling me he hates going because of the influx of tourist fans.

Yeah a lot of our fans have stayed away this year - for a variety of reasons although that's one of them.

I do however think it's overblown, in the lower tier there are virtually no tourists, in the upper tiers there can be more, although strangely less for the bigger games as more of our fanbase want to go.

Archived