talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lord Wilfried of South Norwood Apprecication Society

Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha has topped the Sky Sports Power Rankings this week.

The 25-year-old scored twice during the Eagles' 3-2 win against fellow strugglers Brighton, while team-mate Luka Milivojevic (No 5, up one place) almost netted his 11th goal of the season before Zaha tapped it over the line.

Newcastle midfielder Ayoze Perez climbed two places into the No 2 spot after scoring in his third successive game during a 2-1 win over Arsenal at St James' Park on Sunday.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Happy Blue this missing piece in the jigsaw to help you conquer Europe:

Paris Saint-Germain's Kylian Mbappe and Bayern Munich's Thiago Alcantara head Manchester City's summer transfer wanted list, Sky Sports News understands.

City are looking to bring in three key additions to their first-team squad - with reports suggesting Pep Guardiola will have a summer war chest of around £200m to build a squad capable of retaining the Premier League title.

Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha remains on City's radar, but is not thought to be one of their primary targets.

29 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wilfried Zaha annoys me as Palace got relegated on FM18 and they still demanded £88 million for him - such bollocks. 

Anyway, Zaha shouldn't get a crack at another top team, did it with United and failed spectacularly.

That was when he was a boy, now he's a man.

14 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

You wish... Usually man utd weakens Chelsea, not strength them.

Mata

Matic

Wonder who it will be this year

And yet, since then we've won two league titles and United won the mickey mouse treble. 

Go figure. By all means, keep taking our players :whistling:

There is no doubt Zaha has had a great season and has proven United were right to take a chance on him earlier in his career. The burning question is, has he grown up enough to warrant another club to take a chance on him, cause I still feel he isnt a sure fire good thing to settle anywhere else at this time.

Still has bags of potential with age on his side I think the biggest disappointment is he has opted for the Ivory Coast over England. Would have liked to have seen him in Russia playing for us.

6 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

There is no doubt Zaha has had a great season and has proven United were right to take a chance on him earlier in his career. The burning question is, has he grown up enough to warrant another club to take a chance on him, cause I still feel he isnt a sure fire good thing to settle anywhere else at this time.

Still has bags of potential with age on his side I think the biggest disappointment is he has opted for the Ivory Coast over England. Would have liked to have seen him in Russia playing for us.

I think with England it was a case of he couldn't wait forever. He'd definitely make the squad now and Gareth Southgate should make a public apology for neglecting him. 

46 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think with England it was a case of he couldn't wait forever. He'd definitely make the squad now and Gareth Southgate should make a public apology for neglecting him. 

Yep, you are 100% correct. At the very least Southgate should explain why he allowed it to happen.

Roy Hodgson has come out and said that Wilfried Zaha is unfairly treated by referees.

Based on yesterday's game where Watford's game plan was to kick seven lumps of shit out of him, and the outcome was Wilfried having two penalty appeals turned down and a yellow card for 'diving', i'd have to agree with him.

Fingers crossed that Watford drop with Huddersfield and Bournemouth next season. Bunch of average players out of their depth so result to cheating to remain competitive.

On 22/04/2018 at 13:04, The Palace Fan said:

Roy Hodgson has come out and said that Wilfried Zaha is unfairly treated by referees.

Based on yesterday's game where Watford's game plan was to kick seven lumps of shit out of him, and the outcome was Wilfried having two penalty appeals turned down and a yellow card for 'diving', i'd have to agree with him.

Fingers crossed that Watford drop with Huddersfield and Bournemouth next season. Bunch of average players out of their depth so result to cheating to remain competitive.

Premier League manager in 'young quick winger needs more protection' shocker.

He's a cracking player but the very nature of his role and ability means he's going to be kicked about by defenders who are two yards behind him. 

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Roy never gets his players to poleaxe the opposition's quicker, more technically gifted players.

ImpressiveGaseousCats-size_restricted.gi

Oh.

5 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Premier League manager in 'young quick winger needs more protection' shocker.

He's a cracking player but the very nature of his role and ability means he's going to be kicked about by defenders who are two yards behind him. 

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Roy never gets his players to poleaxe the opposition's quicker, more technically gifted players.

ImpressiveGaseousCats-size_restricted.gi

Oh.

That wasn't Woy telling Puncheon to man handle DeBruyne. That was a rush of blood to the head of a player that is now out of his depth just after we missed a penalty to win the match.

Archived