• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marcos Alonso Banned for 3 Games For Violent Conduct

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

you are joking, right?

He's jumping over Cesc and not even looking at Long's leg? In fact, if you watch carefully, Long's leg is the one that is going into the direction of where Alonso is planting his left foot. 

It honestly looks like a unfortunate event. Reckless play nonetheless. 

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

He's jumping over Cesc and not even looking at Long's leg? In fact, if you watch carefully, Long's leg is the one that is going into the direction of where Alonso is planting his left foot. 

yeah, but before all that you have to realise his own player (Willian) has the ball. 

What is the need for him to go studs up in to Shane Long's shin? Unless he wants to block Willian's pass, there's no need for Alonso to jump in like that xD 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah, but before all that you have to realise his own player (Willian) has the ball. 

What is the need for him to go studs up in to Shane Long's shin? Unless he wants to block Willian's pass, there's no need for Alonso to jump in like that xD 

He's jumping over Cesc. And his planting left foot lands on Long's leg. In which his leg directly went in the direction of where Alonso was landing. 

Honestly think it's a case of Alonso jumping over Cesc and anticipating Willain's pass given the nature of how he jumped. Add the fact he isn't even looking at Long's leg. 

Reckless play and should of been off. However I don't think it was intentional. 

• Administrator

you don't have to be looking at a player to cause any harm to them. It's clear what Alonso's intention was and that was to cause an injury to Long. If you need to jump over Cesc, why do so with your studs ready to plant on another player? And moreso, it's as if he keeps his foot on Long's leg for longer than necessary, giving the impression that he's done it on purpose.

What's he anticipating Willian's pass for in that bit of play? He's got in the way of it. Why not just stay where you are? He's gone out to get Long and in the process of doing so, got in the way of Willian's pass. 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

you don't have to be looking at a player to cause any harm to them. It's clear what Alonso's intention was and that was to cause an injury to Long. If you need to jump over Cesc, why do so with your studs ready to plant on another player? And moreso, it's as if he keeps his foot on Long's leg for longer than necessary, giving the impression that he's done it on purpose.

What's he anticipating Willian's pass for in that bit of play? He's got in the way of it. Why not just stay where you are? He's gone out to get Long and in the process of doing so, got in the way of Willian's pass. 

Erm, I know that? Hence it being rightfully labled as violent conduct. There  also doesn't have to be intent for violent conduct to occur. Mane red card prime example. 

I beg to differ, it isn't clear what his intentions are. You keep ignoring the point that Long's leg went into Alonso's planting foot. Add the fact that Alonso is jumping over Cesc and there isn't any moment his eyes are taken away from the ball. 

What he's anticipating Willian's pass for? Willian was literally kicking the ball right at him xD

Again, i fail to see how this an example of 'clear intent' 

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Essentially people have hit a point of desperation and stupidity whereby they claim anybody that responds to them is rattled. I'm sure over time, people will naturally grow out of it. 

I won't hold my breath.... 

Interesting now though that Deadlinesman who used to have a serious bee in his bonnet over that Chelsea supporter Swifty and his wind ups has not blinked an eye when it's one of his own doing the same thing.... but I suppose now it's not him on the receiving end he can sit back and chill while the rest of us cop it instead.. 

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

No ban

2cp6e52.jpg

Could care less for the Alonso ban, but double standards.

That's the only issue I have with the system... I didn't see the Alonso incident but obviously it warranted a ban of 3 games but they really need to apply all cases of violent conduct evenly across the board... 

Deserved. Intent or not it was a reckless challenge. 

If Conte puts Zappacosta on the left and Moses on the right, something is seriously wrong. Emerson (like Ruidger and David Luiz) probably said something about Conte and is now benched. 

• The title was changed to Marcos Alonso Banned for 3 Games For Violent Conduct

@carefreeluke

Emerson has just got his 2nd assist of the season and he's only played 2 games. 

Alonso has managed only 7 assists his entire Chelsea career. 2 of which were from this season. 

And many wondered why we have been so critical on Alonso. Always amusing when neutral fans think they know more than fans who watch a player day in day out.

Pleased retrospective action was taken as it was a really poor and nasty tackle. No sympathy that he is now missing an FA Cup semi-final as it serves him right for such a sly tackle which could have seriously injured another professional player and there was no need for it!

Archived