talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ethan Ampadu Tribunal Set

Hopefully Exeter get a reasonable deal.

Chelsea will find out on Wednesday how much they must pay Exeter City for midfielder Ethan Ampadu.

The two teams were unable to agree a fee when the 17-year old moved to Stamford Bridge in July last summer and the matter will be decided at a tribunal in London.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I hope they get something decent... 

I understand that no-one but the clubs know what has been offered...  Obviously it was either a derisory sum or the valuation was well beyond what might be considered reasonable or it wouldn't be going to Tribunal... 

On 4/17/2018 at 19:13, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Exeter will probably get fuck all.

Pretty close to it...

Exeter City have expressed their 'disappointment' after Chelsea were ordered to pay £2.5million to the League Two club for teenager Ethan Ampadu.

Ampadu, already a Wales international aged 17, came through Exeter's academy but moved to Stamford Bridge last summer. He has made seven appearances for the Chelsea senior team, including as a substitute in the 3-1 Premier League win over Huddersfield in December.

As a youth player, the defensive midfielder's transfer fee was set by a tribunal, with the ruling handed down on Friday.

Exeter are already guaranteed £1.3m, with another £1.2m based on appearances made by Ampadu for Chelsea. They will also get 20 per cent of the sell-on fee if he leaves Stamford Bridge.

However Grecians chairman Julian Tagg said the tribunal had massively undervalued Ampadu and the ruling 'sends the wrong message'.

He said: 'Whilst the club recognise that the compensation fee is not a transfer fee, but instead to reward the club for its investment in the training and development of a proven outstanding player, and that the tribunal has awarded Exeter significant contingent sums, to say that we are disappointed is an understatement.

• Subscriber

Assume that's as a part of the 'EPPP' (which is yet another scheme put in place to make it even easier for the top clubs to pinch whoever they want and therefore screwing over those clubs producing these players). I must admit I expected it to be less.

I believe the rules that govern these tribunals are stacked in the poacher clubs favour. From what I have been told by people who understand this ruling far better than I, Exeter did rather well as the reward is compensation, nothing to do with a transfer fee. Anyway, onto what I feel should always be added to these rulings.

I think, In this case its Chelsea, the poacher club, if of Premier League standing & the compensated club is of a lower league, on top of the financial reward the poacher clubs pay, the poacher should also be forced to organize 2 friendly games away at the compensated club to be played over the next 3 pre-seasons. All proceeds of these two fixtures go to the compensation clubs. I have no idea how much more money this will generate for the exploited club, but I would have thought every little helps?

If our big clubs can fly all around the world picking up money for a appearances in tiny corners of the world (Remember one club pissed all over our F A Cup by not returning till the night before the next round they were in), they can drive a coach loaded with their first team to help a smaller English club they exploited.

Just a thought.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

I believe the rules that govern these tribunals are stacked in the poacher clubs favour. From what I have been told by people who understand this ruling far better than I, Exeter did rather well as the reward is compensation, nothing to do with a transfer fee. Anyway, onto what I feel should always be added to these rulings.

I think, In this case its Chelsea, the poacher club, if of Premier League standing & the compensated club is of a lower league, on top of the financial reward the poacher clubs pay, the poacher should also be forced to organize 2 friendly games away at the compensated club to be played over the next 3 pre-seasons. All proceeds of these two fixtures go to the compensation clubs. I have no idea how much more money this will generate for the exploited club, but I would have thought every little helps?

If our big clubs can fly all around the world picking up money for a appearances in tiny corners of the world (Remember one club pissed all over our F A Cup by not returning till the night before the next round they were in), they can drive a coach loaded with their first team to help a smaller English club they exploited.

Just a thought.

that'll soon be exploited when the poacher club sends its youngsters or youth-teamers while the first team squad and the stars travel round the world in the more glamorous pre-season tournaments etc. So it may not generate that much more money.

Archived