talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Ask Fans to Rate Sam Allardyce

xDxD Nothing like strong, decisive leadership at the top.

Everton have sent a survey to supporters asking how much they "trust" manager Sam Allardyce and the club's senior leadership.

As the end of a difficult season at Goodison Park approaches, the club have asked the Fans' Panel a series of questions regarding the Everton "family" and its "connection" compared to other Premier League teams.

In an accompanying email, Everton said: "In this Fans' Panel survey we are interested in understanding how closely connected you feel to the club and to other Evertonians."

The final round of four questions asked the participant, firstly, to rate whether they agree or disagree that they "have a high level of trust in the current manager and coaching staff of Everton e.g. in making the right decision to get the best out of the team".

The survey then asked whether the participant has "a high level of trust in the current senior leadership team at Everton e.g. in making the right decisions for the club's future".

The third question asked whether the participant has "a high level of trust in other Everton fans" and finally whether they have "a high level of trust in the current Everton players e.g. being loyal and performing at their best for the club".

After a period of high optimism at the club last summer, Everton have endured a tumultuous season in which Ronald Koeman was sacked as manager with the team in the relegation zone of the Premier League last October.

The club struggled to land a permanent successor until a second round of discussions with Sam Allardyce proved successful, and the former England boss has managed to lift the team to ninth in the table with four games to go.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

is this something they do every year and is it just accentuated now because of how mediocre and uninspiring Allardyce has been? He alienates the fans and plays shite football. May have stabilised them a fraction due to getting them away from relegation but he's hardly been a positive person for the club. 

Expect most fans would give him 0 or 1 on the survey.

Just now, Cannabis said:

So hang on a minute, clubs get laughed at for alienating their fans and making decisions against thier will yet when they consult about big business decisions like the manager they get laughed at too? 

No wonder football is an absolute laughing stock in this country.

I think it's more a case of 'do they really need to ask?'

25 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

So hang on a minute, clubs get laughed at for alienating their fans and making decisions against thier will yet when they consult them about big business decisions like the manager they get laughed at too? 

Over something that is so bleeding obvious, I'd expect my owners to firstly know how the fans feel, and secondly be decisive about what action to take to help the club progress forward regardless of what the fans wishes are. 

Has he really done a bad job though? Putting the shit football aside results wise he has done OK hasn't he? If he was a manager fans wanted before hand would there be the pressure?

They could have just asked the away fans on Saturday. They were chanting "Fuck off Sam Allardyce." This is a bit shit for Fat Sam, as it's a pretty cowardly approach to get us to where we ultimately know Everton will end with him (a sacking)... but it's a bit shit for everyone else that Fat Sam persists with his shite football - so I suppose it's fair.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

So hang on a minute, clubs get laughed at for alienating their fans and making decisions against thier will yet when they consult them about big business decisions like the manager they get laughed at too? 

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

It's just a formality so that when he is sacked early, they can use the facts from this survey to prove that he had lost the fans. 

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Over something that is so bleeding obvious, I'd expect my owners to firstly know how the fans feel, and secondly be decisive about what action to take to help the club progress forward regardless of what the fans wishes are. 

The whole thing just stinks of lack of leadership and weak decision making.... They no doubt hope that the survey will do their jobs for them by bringing in a negative view of the person they appointed in the first place so that it will look as though they had no choice but to act. And when they get rid of him they get a double win... He will go because they will say its what the fans wanted and that the fans have no faith in him and then by letting him go they look like the good guys who listened to their fans and acted upon it... 

They should stick with him ffs.

He's become a punching bag a bit unfairly imo.

I feel it would be more of an ego thing to sack him on behalf of the club and fans not wanting to accept that a guy who's copped so much flak at other clubs might be capable of doing a job with them.

Getting rid of him would be like wanting your club you sign some guy you've never heard of for 40m you make you feel better about things. 

8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Has he really done a bad job though? Putting the shit football aside results wise he has done OK hasn't he? If he was a manager fans wanted before hand would there be the pressure?

They were 13th when he took over, 5 points clear of the bottom three. Let's not pretend he's dragged them out of the relegation zone.

Hope he stays though

As far as I'm concerned it's a great thing that Everton are doing this although I can see where the negative comments will be coming from and they're totally understandable. For me, the fans are the heart and soul of the club although many times the fans let passion and emotion rule their practical judgments.  I know I suffer from that!

Plus, it's very disrespectful to Sam Allardyce no matter what anyone thinks of his football.  I hate his football, everything his football is about and I don't even respect this when these types of managers get given the benefit of the doubt for using this football with very small clubs (of which Everton isn't a small club and there's the answer) so as to survive amongst the big boys.  There are plenty of examples of coaches using entertaining football and getting similar results!

Results wise, eight wins, six draws and eight defeats, and most of those defeats to teams like United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs, is hardly a record to be too downbeat about, especially given the fact that this isn’t Sam Allardyce’s team, barring Cenk Tosun and Theo Walcott (and even then, they’re probably not his signings), this is the team that Ronald Koeman put together.

I’m not really sure what more a different manager, within Everton’s capabilities of getting, could have done better than Allardyce has done. 9th is about where they should be as a club.

Granted, it’s the manner in which the team performed under Allardyce that is the bug bear for fans and that’s totally agreeable but I can’t see how Allardyce could be rated worse than a 6/10 in fairness, though that’s not a glowing reference from the fans. 

As for the survey itself, the fact that people are claiming this as some sort of infighting tactic within the boardroom, with no evidence of any of that, and that this is anything more than fan participation and inclusion, which it is and something Football fans have been crying out for for years, is bizarre. Fair play to Everton for taking the opinions of the matchday fan into consideration. 

19 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Results wise, eight wins, six draws and eight defeats, and most of those defeats to teams like United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs, is hardly a record to be too downbeat about, especially given the fact that this isn’t Sam Allardyce’s team, barring Cenk Tosun and Theo Walcott (and even then, they’re probably not his signings), this is the team that Ronald Koeman put together.

I’m not really sure what more a different manager, within Everton’s capabilities of getting, could have done better than Allardyce has done. 9th is about where they should be as a club.

Granted, it’s the manner in which the team performed under Allardyce that is the bug bear for fans and that’s totally agreeable but I can’t see how Allardyce could be rated worse than a 6/10 in fairness, though that’s not a glowing reference from the fans. 

As for the survey itself, the fact that people are claiming this as some sort of infighting tactic within the boardroom, with no evidence of any of that, and that this is anything more than fan participation and inclusion, which it is and something Football fans have been crying out for for years, is bizarre. Fair play to Everton for taking the opinions of the matchday fan into consideration. 

Agree with you mate... Fans are consistently arguing that in today's business idealistic football club world that their opinions no longer count at all.  That's why in my post (just above yours) I started by saying its a great thing that Everton Football Club are doing this... Although I then go on to put a more negative spin on it further down.

In the few remaining fan owned football clubs in Europe things like these don't get fan participation and to be honest all football clubs started life in their origins by being fan owned before PLCs took over and they were run more like businesses (Infact, 100% like businesses).  But the fans vote for a board so as to make these decisions... These sorts of decisions should be on the board's heads because otherwise what are they employed to run the club for?

Other decisions like stadium renovation or building a new one, things like these should be put to the fans on their opinion with the final decision to be taken by the board.

It's the board themselves on fan run clubs that will be judged upon their actions everytime elections come along for a chance to be re-elected.  The government doesn't put every decision for a vote in front of us and on the few occasions where they do you end up getting results like Brexit which shows us it's best to leave certain things to those who really do know the ins and outs which is what's really necessary for advancement.

The problem is since Moshiri came to Everton he or someone has promised big things,  I not entirely convinced with Moshiri as has been part of the previous mess of Arsenal, with similar promises because now money has arrived at a club.   Everton fans were probably sold on the fact of Koeman playing attractive football with better players, the whole thing came to a shambolic end and they have ended up with Big Sam who is not very popular throughout the league because of his style.    Money is the key factor to this as maybe the fans and some of the board fear spending more money on players but with Big Sam, which is kind of a backwards step to what was thought out from the start.    

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

They were 13th when he took over, 5 points clear of the bottom three. Let's not pretend he's dragged them out of the relegation zone.

Hope he stays though

Thought they were worse of than that. Yeah that's not a fantastic job

4 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Everton have been lucky that Stoke and WBA who mostly end up safe have been purely awful. 

Well no not really you always get someone down the bottom

This must then surely become a yearly survey?

If Allardyce wasn't getting paid so much I'd feel sorry for him. Takes over a club in a near potential relegation battle, summer window players at his disposal either have no pedigree in England or were midtable/relegation players. Two of the biggest signings play in the same position. Had Lukaku replaced with Rooney and the clubs last three season positions have been 7th and 11th twice.

I get the fans wanting to be in contention, why shouldn't they ask for what Spurs have done for example? But Allardyce has done a good job once again.

Archived