talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Metal and Rock

football forum

11 hours ago, Tanksie said:

I hate slayer.

My first ever concert, just as I was delving into some 'heavier' metal. That experience set me up for a lifetime of just wanting to see live metal and rock.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Those first 2 Entombed albums are so fucking good!

I love Revel in Flesh off Left Hand Path.

Yep, Clandestine and Left Hand Path are in my favourite all time death metal albums  ..Wolverine Blues is good too, not a bad song on that record ..i play a lot of early Entombed on my guitars, sounds even more brutal on a 7 string

Another golden oldie 

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:22 AM, Happy Blue said:

Yep, Clandestine and Left Hand Path are in my favourite all time death metal albums  ..Wolverine Blues is good too, not a bad song on that record ..i play a lot of early Entombed on my guitars, sounds even more brutal on a 7 string

Another golden oldie 

That's cool - what guitars do you have? I've got a Jackson Rhoads which is pretty fucking nice - I want to get a nice Ibanez Premium RG at some point too in the near future too. One without the single coil in the middle because: 1.) fuck single coils, 2.) every guitar I've had with a middle pickup gets in the way of my pick.

While we're on classics, here's some Carcass.

17 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's cool - what guitars do you have? I've got a Jackson Rhoads which is pretty fucking nice - I want to get a nice Ibanez Premium RG at some point too in the near future too. One without the single coil in the middle because: 1.) fuck single coils, 2.) every guitar I've had with a middle pickup gets in the way of my pick.

While we're on classics, here's some Carcass.

That Carcass album was a masterpiece, love Buried Dreams & Heartwork  ...corporal jigsore is my favourite by them   ...ha snap!! my main 2 guitars are a Rhoads with EMG 81-85's and Jackson KV7 with seymour duncan Blackouts, both fitted with floyds  ..what spec Rhoads is yours? 

2jtw5l.jpg

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

That Carcass album was a masterpiece, love Buried Dreams & Heartwork  ...corporal jigsore is my favourite by them   ...ha snap!! my main 2 guitars are a Rhoads with EMG 81-85's and Jackson KV7 with seymour duncan Blackouts, both fitted with floyds  ..what spec Rhoads is yours? 

2jtw5l.jpg

Jackson RRXT. Not the most high end, but still a fucking fantastic guitar. Hardtail (I want a Floyd rose though too) and only 21 frets. Still the comfiest neck for my hands. The pickups I was expecting to be shite but they're actually decent.

Also playing through a 6505 (the 112 50watt combo)! Good taste in axes and amps my friend!

20170609_081454.jpg

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Jackson RRXT. Not the most high end, but still a fucking fantastic guitar. Hardtail (I want a Floyd rose though too) and only 21 frets. Still the comfiest neck for my hands. The pickups I was expecting to be shite but they're actually decent.

Also playing through a 6505 (the 112 50watt combo)! Good taste in axes and amps my friend!

20170609_081454.jpg

Nice! ..cool finish too B| you cant beat a Peavey for that heavy tone, ..Floyds are nice but yours is far easier to change tuning (strings etc) floating trems can be a right pain in the cunt! ha  ..you might want to invest in a stand though before you have an accident!

Edited by Happy Blue
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Nice! ..cool finish too B| you cant beat a Peavey for that heavy tone, ..Floyds are nice but yours is far easier to change tuning (strings etc) floating trems can be a right pain in the cunt! ha  ..you might want to invest in a stand though before you have an accident!

Haha I only put it there to show it here, I keep it in a gig bag most of the time. What stand do you use that fits a Rhoads? I've got a stand for my Les Paul knockoff but it doesn't fit my Jackson. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Haha I only put it there to show it here, I keep it in a gig bag most of the time. What stand do you use that fits a Rhoads? I've got a stand for my Les Paul knockoff but it doesn't fit my Jackson. 

I use  Stagg SG-A100 H BK - Hanger Guitar Stand's ..they fit 99% of guitars, very sturdy and you can adjust the height so all points are off the floor. they are normally about £20 but some on ebay here for £13 which is a great deal https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122225932630?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A guitar as nice as yours should be out on display mate B| ..plus if it's on a stand you will be be more likely to pick it up and play it. ive just sold a Dean Razor V, it's spent most it's life in it's hardcase under the bed LoL  ..which is a shame because it's a wicked guitar and the dimebucker sounds awesome, but as they say ..out of sight, out of mind!!

Edited by Happy Blue

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

I use  Stagg SG-A100 H BK - Hanger Guitar Stand's ..they fit 99% of guitars, very sturdy and you can adjust the height so all points are off the floor. they are normally about £20 but some on ebay here for £13 which is a great deal https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122225932630?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A guitar as nice as yours should be out on display mate B| ..plus if it's on a stand you will be be more likely to pick it up and play it. ive just sold a Dean Razor V, it's spent most it's life in it's hardcase under the bed LoL  ..which is a shame because it's a wicked guitar and the dimebucker sounds awesome, but as they say ..out of sight, out of mind!!

I play mine almost every day, but yeah I'd like a stand.

This is a band by friends of mine from Colombia:

https://condormetal.bandcamp.com/track/duin

The production is very underground (I believe the first 2 albums were recorded in someone's living room), but the compositions are among the best in modern metal in my opinion. The two songwriters are students of classical music and it shows. Also, the solo in that song posted above is killer.

Edited by Panflute

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:18 PM, Panflute said:

The production is very underground (I believe the first 2 albums were recorded in someone's living room), but the compositions are among the best in modern metal in my opinion. The two songwriters are students of classical music and it shows. Also, the solo in that song posted above is killer.

I found them on reddit recently, they're definitely excellent composition wise. Very cool you're friends with them!

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:18 PM, Panflute said:

Actually, I think the Condor I found on reddit is a different band xD - explains why the production/style generally was much different. I think your friends are better composers by a long distance though!

On 6/15/2017 at 1:31 AM, Dr. Gonzo said:

Actually, I think the Condor I found on reddit is a different band xD - explains why the production/style generally was much different. I think your friends are better composers by a long distance though!

Where do you live? Cause Cóndor are touring the US east coast this fall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...