talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Metal and Rock

football forum

I haven't listened to anything heavier than Kasabian for ages (and they are of course not even heavy ha). I know Scorpions have another new album, may have to check that. I haven't even fully listening to Senjutsu by Maiden either. I have some serious catching up to do!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seeing Hypocrisy tomorrow night, looking forward to it - apparently this year's tour of North America and Europe might be the last time they ever tour and I've always wanted to see them but could never go... should be good.

Imo the best Swedish death metal band there is - which is some pretty high praise.

That Hypocrisy show I went to was brilliant.

I didn't know any of the openers, and I missed the first one (some Italian death metal band that sounds extreme as fuck on spotify) - I hated the second opener xD, but the final one... Carach Angren... was pretty good.

I'm not all that into black metal but they put on one hell of a show and were different to every metal band I've ever seen before (there was no bassist, which I thought was strange - but instead they had a keyboardist). Insane drumming too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My dad sent me his list of top 50 songs. Took him two years in the making (the man loves music), some absolute tunes on there, and a fair few I don't know (I thank him for most of my music taste - and friends of course). There's a bunch of Priest, but then stuff ranging from Cheap Trick, Def Leppard, Sweet, Nazereth, Deep Purple, UFO, Sammy Hagar, Van Halen, Scorpions, AC/DC, Motley Crue, Rainbow, Sex Pistols.... damn.

Unfortunately no Maiden, Metallica or Megadeth! Haha.

• 1 month later...

The new Municipal Waste album, Electric Brain, out today... I really like it. But I really like the band - they've put out a number of really quality albums... and they're also one of the best bands I've seen live.

If you like thrash metal - I think it's worth listening to. Here's a single

• 4 weeks later...

@Happy Blue... I just bought tickets a ridiculously good looking lineup for a death metal show: Cattle Decapitation, Obituary, Carcass, and Amon Amarth.

I'm not that into Amon Amarth... but I've heard they're really good live. The other bands though are 3 really great death metal bands, so I'm pretty excited

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Happy Blue... I just bought tickets a ridiculously good looking lineup for a death metal show: Cattle Decapitation, Obituary, Carcass, and Amon Amarth.

I'm not that into Amon Amarth... but I've heard they're really good live. The other bands though are 3 really great death metal bands, so I'm pretty excited

That's an awesome line up, Carcass, Obituary and Amon Amarth 😮 CD are not bad too, im jealous! ha ..where are they playing? ..speaking of music i had a jam with a mate the other day and we recorded a song we made, will try upload it to making music topic B|  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

That's an awesome line up, Carcass, Obituary and Amon Amarth 😮 CD are not bad too, im jealous! ha ..where are they playing? ..speaking of music i had a jam with a mate the other day and we recorded a song we made, will try upload it to making music topic B|  

They're playing at the strangest venue here in San Diego called SOMA. Very weird place, it used to be a theatre in the 1800s... and they just ripped out the seats and turned it into a concert hall. Should be cool though because these might be the biggest names to have come through that venue in a very long time.

Cattle Decap I used to not really be that into, but I've listened to them a lot... and I ran into their singer at a record store here when I was looking at metal albums and he was such an absurdly nice guy it made me like the band more xD - I'm not a native here, but I've lived here for a long fucking time so... I guess it's sort of like supporting a hometown band.

And they'll be sharing a stage with Carcass... so I'll get to see a real hometown band as well as a band from my new hometown. Should be a very fucking cool night.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They're playing at the strangest venue here in San Diego called SOMA. Very weird place, it used to be a theatre in the 1800s... and they just ripped out the seats and turned it into a concert hall. Should be cool though because these might be the biggest names to have come through that venue in a very long time.

Cattle Decap I used to not really be that into, but I've listened to them a lot... and I ran into their singer at a record store here when I was looking at metal albums and he was such an absurdly nice guy it made me like the band more xD - I'm not a native here, but I've lived here for a long fucking time so... I guess it's sort of like supporting a hometown band.

And they'll be sharing a stage with Carcass... so I'll get to see a real hometown band as well as a band from my new hometown. Should be a very fucking cool night.

It's a really good lineup B| i really like Amon Amarth too, if you haven't heard much of them check out pursuit of vikings, guardians of asgaard, they got loads of good songs tbh and put on a great live show, check this out

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It's a really good lineup B| i really like Amon Amarth too, if you haven't heard much of them check out pursuit of vikings, guardians of asgaard, they got loads of good songs tbh and put on a great live show, check this out

I've only really heard a bit of Amon Amarth. They're definitely not bad, I should probably listen to some full albums though and give them a fair shake. So thanks for the recommendations!

I'm sure they're really great live because to headline over Carcass or Obituary is... well it means something, those are 2 of the best live acts I've seen in my life. So I'm looking forward to getting into their music a bit more before the show and then enjoying the fuck out of this full lineup.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've only really heard a bit of Amon Amarth. They're definitely not bad, I should probably listen to some full albums though and give them a fair shake. So thanks for the recommendations!

I'm sure they're really great live because to headline over Carcass or Obituary is... well it means something, those are 2 of the best live acts I've seen in my life. So I'm looking forward to getting into their music a bit more before the show and then enjoying the fuck out of this full lineup.

Yeah they are great, like most bands listen to there older stuff, best albums for me are Twilight of the Thunder God, Fate of norns and With Oden on Our Side, your in for a great night with them 3 bands playing

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Yeah they are great, like most bands listen to there older stuff, best albums for me are Twilight of the Thunder God, Fate of norns and With Oden on Our Side, your in for a great night with them 3 bands playing

Yeah so far I'm about 4 songs into Twighlight of the Thunder God and now I can't fucking wait to see these lads live.

Also wtf this music makes me want to drink beer, put on a viking helmet, and get in a rowboat xD

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah so far I'm about 4 songs into Twighlight of the Thunder God and now I can't fucking wait to see these lads live.

Also wtf this music makes me want to drink beer, put on a viking helmet, and get in a rowboat xD

Yeah great band, there story telling is good 👍 you can imagine being on the longship rowing into battle 😂 ..the video for guardians is good and the one for pursuit of vikings ..I posted the song I made in the making music thread incase you missed it 😉 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...