talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Metal and Rock

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New Kawir out soon. I hope it'll be better than their previous album, which was a huge dip in quality for them.

Isa released a new album, but it seems they've completely abandoned metal at this point. It's more darkwave at this point.

And Kamaedzitca split up, but not before releasing one final song that I really like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My neighbor introduced me to a band he said he used to love in the 80s - Manilla Road. They're pretty good, although the first album he showed me the vocals sort of irritated me but the music was great. I can see that one growing on me over time. But the album "Open the Gates" is fantastic.

Just got tickets to see Slayer on their final world tour :) - also seeing Behemoth, Testament and Lamb of God at the same show. Apparently Anthrax is on all of the US dates outside of California though - kinda lame we don't get them too. Pretty good lineup though.

Testament are underrated:

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing Exodus & Municipal Waste next Tuesday :)

Exodus are fucking excellent because riffs upon riffs upon riffs. Here's a track where Kirk Hammet (of Metallica, but an original member of Exodus) plays the best solo he's written in years in a guest appearance:

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I'm fully on board the Mastodon Bandwagon now

What's your favourite album by them? I've not listened to a whole lot of them - but I've heard about 15 odd songs of them and they're all good imo... so I probably should be listening to more of their stuff.

Just found a cool thrash band from Italy:

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

New Judas Priest album up on Spotify now. I just started it up, Rob Halford can still hit the high notes & it sounds like vintage Priest.

I have to get onto that! No Downing these days and Tipton right? :(

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What's your favourite album by them? I've not listened to a whole lot of them - but I've heard about 15 odd songs of them and they're all good imo... so I probably should be listening to more of their stuff.

Just found a cool thrash band from Italy:

Early days I like Hunter & Emperor of sand which have been my gateway drug, I’d half heard them but never really made an effort to get into them. I’ve listened to crack the Skye and it was too much to take in at once I’ll listen to them all for about a month solid and settle on something I expect. 

With young kids it’s rare I get to listen to music of my own at volume these days. Although my daughter aged 3 is well trained her favourite band are creedance Clearwater revival and she knows all Johnny cash & Paul wellers stuff off by heart so when we’re road tripping it’s bearable. I’ll get her on zeppelin & sabbath within 18 months 

Edited by Fairy In Boots
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Early days I like Hunter & Emperor of sand which have been my gateway drug, I’d half heard them but never really made an effort to get into them. I’ve listened to crack the Skye and it was too much to take in at once I’ll listen to them all for about a month solid and settle on something I expect. 

With young kids it’s rare I get to listen to music of my own at volume these days. Although my daughter aged 3 is well trained her favourite band are creedance Clearwater revival and she knows all Johnny cash & Paul sellers stuff off by heart so when we’re road tripping it’s bearable. I’ll get her on zeppelin & sabbath within 18 months 

high five !!!!     i named my eldest son Syvy from Steve Vai.   He was exposed since infancy with nothing but Vai, Satriani, Dream Theater, Bozzio, King Crimson, Toto.   His favourite lullaby is Vai, he can't sleep without it.  When he was around 5 or 7, it was his death-metal phase.  Now, him being 15 years old, he's listening to Luca Turilli's Rhapsody and all those bands of the like.

Edited by bozziovai
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Toinho said:

I have to get onto that! No Downing these days and Tipton right? :(

Tipton's on the album, but his Parkinson's got too bad for him to tour, sadly. Downing's been gone for a few years also. They're going on tour too, but the tickets are outrageously priced (at least the show closed to me is).