talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Metal and Rock

football forum

On 5/18/2018 at 02:23, Dr. Gonzo said:

So on Friday I saw Testament, Behemoth, Anthrax, Lamb of God, and Slayer and that was fucking fantastic. It was my 3rd time seeing Slayer (the first time I saw them, it was the original lineup, so that was cool RIP Jeff), but my second time seeing Anthrax. And I forgot the same thing I realised after seeing Anthrax the first time: "wow they're really fucking good live" - but I don't really know any of their stuff but the classics (which was most of their set tbh). But I decided to give their newest album a listen.

It's not the same as the classics, obviously. But it's cool to have Joey Belladonna back as the singer and the album is very fucking strong. Quality shit.

is god-gene the one on the skins for Testament ????

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Possibly my favourite Metallica song. Not 100% positive on what my favourite Metallica song is - but it's definitely off Kill 'em All or Ride the Lightning.

the song where i busted up the Skins on the Bass Drum --- DIE !!!   DIE !!! DIE !!  DIE !!!  BY MY HAND !!! I CREEP ACROSS THE LAND !! KILLING FIRST BORN MAN !! DIE !!! DIE !!!

Kill - Lightning - Puppets -   the best albums they have ever produced.    The bass lines of Cliff are too elegant to be called metal.   the youth in james is reflected on the energy of the songs.   Kirk wanting to impress.   And Lars, well, he's Lars, not the stupid Lars of today ......

8 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

the song where i busted up the Skins on the Bass Drum --- DIE !!!   DIE !!! DIE !!  DIE !!!  BY MY HAND !!! I CREEP ACROSS THE LAND !! KILLING FIRST BORN MAN !! DIE !!! DIE !!!

Kill - Lightning - Puppets -   the best albums they have ever produced.    The bass lines of Cliff are too elegant to be called metal.   the youth in james is reflected on the energy of the songs.   Kirk wanting to impress.   And Lars, well, he's Lars, not the stupid Lars of today ......

Yeah those 3 albums are hands down their best. And Justice for All is good too, but the production is shite. And then the Black Album was how I got into them... but it's the beginning of the end for them.

They're still good live though.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah those 3 albums are hands down their best. And Justice for All is good too, but the production is shite. And then the Black Album was how I got into them... but it's the beginning of the end for them.

They're still good live though.

yeah.   our guitarist said that Justice is the easiest of them albums to transcribe by ear coz all you can hear are the guitars. hehe

Load and Reload were "almost there" ... all it needs was some good solos from kirk.   too bad they wanted to change their approach to everything, even their looks during those times.

2 hours ago, bozziovai said:

yeah.   our guitarist said that Justice is the easiest of them albums to transcribe by ear coz all you can hear are the guitars. hehe

Load and Reload were "almost there" ... all it needs was some good solos from kirk.   too bad they wanted to change their approach to everything, even their looks during those times.

I hated Load and Reload, like the songs aren't that bad... but they're Metallica not Lynyrd Skynyrd lol. It just sounds weird to me.

Then there's St. Anger, which is the musical equivalent of James and Lars shitting into our ears.

Death Magnetic is a decent album, but Rick Rubin was taking the loudness war in music production too seriously. You can pirate a better produced version online that sounds miles better than the actual album. So is their latest...

But decent albums don't really compare to the early Metallica at all.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hated Load and Reload, like the songs aren't that bad... but they're Metallica not Lynyrd Skynyrd lol. It just sounds weird to me.

Then there's St. Anger, which is the musical equivalent of James and Lars shitting into our ears.

Death Magnetic is a decent album, but Rick Rubin was taking the loudness war in music production too seriously. You can pirate a better produced version online that sounds miles better than the actual album. So is their latest...

But decent albums don't really compare to the early Metallica at all.

yay !!!!   kill em all ............... that chord progression of Jump In The Fire is signature mustaine.   We should thank James for kicking out Dave hahaha.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

had one of those moments today where you just wanna rock the fuck out. i work from home so I can have my music on while I work and today it was fucking loud.

I got proper in to rock music in early 00s which meant I got to listen to loudness like the following which is what I listened to this morning and took me back a bit...

Bullet for My Valentine - Tears Don't Fall
Avenged Sevenfold - Unholy Confessions
Foo Fighters - Best of You
Papa Roach - Last Resort
30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill
Cochise - Audioslave
Slipknot - Psychosocial

5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Saw in the press today that Slipknot's sixth album is in the demo stage and is apparently as heavy as Iowa. 

Really pleased with this in truth, despite the nice sentiment I didn't get into their last album at all, other than the main two singles. If they can get back to the likes of Iowa, Vol. 3 and AHIG I'll be happy. 

Most metal bands try to claim their new music is the heaviest since their old shit though. And while Slipknot are the best nu-metal band to have existed, I seldom trust a band that got as massive and rich as them to retain the same fury that they had in their youth.

I'm still gutted about the Pantera drummer. :(

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul just died, RIP.

sad day for us .................... fack !!!    no release yet for cause of death.      fack !!!      i'll be mourning his death  :(:( 

he'll be rockin with his bro wherever they are now .....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@bozziovai mate, do you like Power Trip? 

first time i heard of them .......................

all i can say is ....................... was head banging all thru out the album.    i like their dynamics.   the lead guitarist style  is very reminiscent of Trey Azagthoth.    i like the tone of their vocalist, it has a soft whisper to it ..... drummer is also in the pocket the whole time, not trying to be pretentious and the bass player is solid.