talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Metal and Rock

football forum

Don't know if any of you are familiar with Municipal Waste (the band that's currently in my signature) - but they're a crossover band; one of those bands that's in the cool blend between thrash and punk. Municipal Waste is much more thrash than punk I'd say though...

But the singer of the band & the bass player are in another band (where the bass player for Municipal Waste plays guitar instead) - it's also a crossover band, but it's much more punk than thrash. Here's a song:

The Municipal Waste bassist & lead guitarist (I think he's the lead guitarist anyway) also have another band Cannabis Corpse... which is a weed themed death metal band. They're ace. And the 2 guitarists of Municipal Waste have another band called BAT which is very 70s speed-metal in the vein of Motorhead & Venom and shit like that. And all 5 of them have another band that's like 60s style psychadellic rock as well... I forget the name of them. But that was a nice surprise after discovering all of their metal work.

I've got a lot of respect for them, 5 quality bands these musicians are all involved in.

On 23/06/2018 at 16:58, Cannabis said:

Saw in the press today that Slipknot's sixth album is in the demo stage and is apparently as heavy as Iowa. 

Really pleased with this in truth, despite the nice sentiment I didn't get into their last album at all, other than the main two singles. If they can get back to the likes of Iowa, Vol. 3 and AHIG I'll be happy. 

Bullshit. Slipknot are the most full of shit bunch of guys ever to exist. I like a few of the albums, but they claim Iowa is the "heaviest album ever" (it's not) and according to them every album is "gonna be as heavy as Iowa."

Play this through your headphones boys. Not a band I love but this song is a fucking banger

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Bullshit. Slipknot are the most full of shit bunch of guys ever to exist. I like a few of the albums, but they claim Iowa is the "heaviest album ever" (it's not) and according to them every album is "gonna be as heavy as Iowa."

Play this through your headphones boys. Not a band I love but this song is a fucking banger

Never was really big on Chimaira… but that is a good song for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2018 at 19:18, Devil-Dick Willie said:

facking deceptive song.   the guitars are oh so damn boring and also it's tempo .... but FACK THAT DOUBLE KICKS !!!!   it's like micheal schumacher on a flying lap.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pure shredding! Pretty sad what’s happened to Jason Becker, ALS is an awful disease.

yeah.   if you try to put yourself on his shoes.   you have this music in your head but you can't play it.    very sad and heavy situation for him  :( 

Just now, bozziovai said:

yeah.   if you try to put yourself on his shoes.   you have this music in your head but you can't play it.    very sad and heavy situation for him  :( 

Apparently he still composes music, I haven’t heard any of it. He can only communicate with his dad now, through blinking I think. So he tells his dad what to plug into a computer to make new songs.

But yeah, it’s awful. He was so incredibly good as well, his last few albums where he plays guitar he’s already got the degenerative disease kicking in... and he’s still melting faces with his shredding. It’s an awful disease for anyone, but particularly sad for a truly great guitarist.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just seen that Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel are going on tour soon and coming around my parts, so I was pretty excited for that.

And then I go on reddit to see that Cannibal Corpse's lead guitarist was arrested recently for burning his house down, breaking into his neighbors house, and attacking a cop with a knife :o - he's facing up to 30 years if he's convicted.

So I imagine he won't be joining them on this tour. But I hope they manage to get a good replacement in because I'd like to have a good death metal night.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else like Children of Bodom? They were sort of my first introduction into "extreme" metal - the lad who taught me how to play guitar gave me their 3rd CD "Follow the Reaper" and it blew me the fuck away. I liked all of their albums up until the late 2000s where they kind of fell off. But their first 4 or 5 albums are really great.

But after seeing Kalmah live the other day, who're another band from Finland that have a pretty similar sound (imo they're like the more "mature" version of Children of Bodom) I gave Children of Bodom's latest album a go and I was surprised... looks like they're trying to go back to their roots - which is great. So then I gave the rest of their discography - I still don't like most of their newer stuff as much... but it's been a great blast from the past listening to their older albums that I liked. Takes me back to the early 2000s, simpler times xD

• Upvote 1