The better place to talk football.

Metal and Rock

football forum

32 minutes ago, Machado said:

Tell us which! Tell us which!

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath - Sabotage

Iron Maiden - Killers

Kreator - Pleasure to Kill (remastered version)

Carcass - Reek of Putrifaction

Power Trip - Opening Fire

Metallica - And Justice for All

Municipal Waste - Slime & Punishment

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

On 05/03/2021 at 16:54, Dr. Gonzo said:

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath - Sabotage

Iron Maiden - Killers

Kreator - Pleasure to Kill (remastered version)

Carcass - Reek of Putrifaction

Power Trip - Opening Fire

Metallica - And Justice for All

Municipal Waste - Slime & Punishment

Oh turns out I was just too drunk & the Iron Maiden album I bought wasn’t Killers xD

it’s Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden, so it’s still excellent 

13 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Sounds like a dude singing a Louisiana swamp ditty while a band plays thic riffs in the background. 

Definitely a different sound xD

Yeah, first time I heard this song I thought wtf is this?  The vocal style is different but after hearing their albums it's definitely grown on me.    Here's another.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Megadeth's bass player's being accused of being a nonce.

*edit* Apparently the girl in question has come forward and said she was 1.) not underaged when she contacted him, 2.) initiated the contact with him, 3.) it was all communications over instagram.

16 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Megadeth's bass player's being accused of being a nonce.

*edit* Apparently the girl in question has come forward and said she was 1.) not underaged when she contacted him, 2.) initiated the contact with him, 3.) it was all communications over instagram.

Bet he was...Sweating Bullets...

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Maybe someone fresh brings something new to the table. I didn't really rate Ellefson very highly at the start honestly but hes grown on me over the years and as I read what I just wrote I think I need a shower in benzene.

• Haha 1

On 24/05/2021 at 12:01, Machado said:

Hmm Mustaine was just waiting for an opportunity to get rid of him. If it was anyone else in the band commiting adultery, he'd stay.

Wasn't really even adultery if all that's been alleged is true. Just lewd video chats between him and a 19 year old.

I think Dave Mustaine's real concern now is protecting the Megadeth brand. Up until this Dave Ellefson story came out, Ellefson was getting shitloads of really good press. He'd got a new signature bass model coming out with Jackson (and I'm sure Jackson are furious at him that they've got this new expensive line of basses out and now he's no longer the Megadeth bassist - it's America, I wonder if they'll sue him), he was doing a lot of promotional stuff for his book, he was giving out online bass lessons, getting lots of radio/podcast interviews.

And this was all right before the news of him jerkin' his gerkin came out.

And as weird as it is, Dave Mustaine's reformation from a satan worshipping heroin addict to a straight edge born again Christian... is a big part of how he brands himself (and Megadeth) nowadays. In fact, Ellefson was also an ordained pastor and Dave Mustaine made sure to mention that on his Thursday show on Gimme Metal radio (which btw, is pretty good) before this news hit twitter. I don't think it's so much the adultery that did David Ellefson in as much as it was... the age gap he had with the girl he was exposing himself too... and the fact that pretty much every Megadeth fan in the world ended up seeing Ellefson say "are you ready for my Mega-load" before spunking into his iPhone camera xD

I think if not for the fact he's Dave's friend and the only other founding member of Megadeth that can really play with them nowadays (because Gar Samuelson's dead & I think Kerry King and Chris Poland both fucking hate Dave)... he'd have been sacked immediately. The fact there was so much time between the incident and the announcement makes me think Dave thought long and hard (rather than short and hard, like Dave Ellefson xD) about sacking him.

17 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Maybe someone fresh brings something new to the table. I didn't really rate Ellefson very highly at the start honestly but hes grown on me over the years and as I read what I just wrote I think I need a shower in benzene.

I have always rated Ellefson. I regret that I: 1.) saw cum dribbling out of his cock, and 2.) that he got sacked... but I think he's always been a pretty decent bass player. Not the most technical or greatest bass player in the world, but he's come up with some very cool basslines in the past (I absolutely love the bass in Chosen Ones off their first record).

My hope now is that he brings in someone young with a lot of energy - a bit like Kiko Loureiro (who, imo, is their best guitarist since Marty Friedman). Tbh, I don't really find myself inspired much by Megadeth's more recent albums - but I do think Kiko's been a good addition to them because the albums that came out before he was around, but after Megadeth had reunited, were a bit... shit... and at least Kiko has put some life back into Megadeth's leads. Not sure a new bass player will change Megadeth nowadays, tbh.

I'm more interested in how they perform live (and the "classics" in their setlist when they play live) than the new music. But if a new bass player can inspire Dave to make some cooler music... I'd like that a lot.

Speaking of 80s thrash legends... and I used his name earlier in this post... I wonder what Kerry King's project is looking like nowadays. There were rumours he's working with Phil Anselmo & Rex Brown of Pantera now that he's in the post-Slayer part of his career. As a massive Slayer & Pantera fan... I'd love for that to be true. And I'd have a bit more faith in that sounding... better, at the very least... than new Megadeth. While Phil Anselmo can't sing anywhere near he could at the peak of his career... his voice seems far less shot than Dave Mustaine's. And while Kerry King's always been my second favourite songwriter in Slayer (because Jeff Hanneman has so many writing credits on so many of their best songs, imo)... he's always been pretty fucking consistent as a songwriter.

I'm guessing COVID's probably slowed down a lot of the progress on whatever King's project was/is though. He did confirm he's not done making metal music, though.

New Exodus album supposed to be coming out this year too! Look how active these old metalheads still are! Probably not going to see them tour anytime soon, though, as Gary Holt's fucked up one of his elbows and Tom Hunting (the drummer) is battling cancer and recently started chemotherapy.

• Upvote 1