• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Sergio Agüero Likely to Miss Rest of the Season

Recommended Posts

Quote

Sergio Aguero's season is "likely" to be over after the Manchester City striker underwent successful keyhole surgery on a knee injury.

The newly-crowned Premier League champions have confirmed the operation was "minor" and designed to correct a problem he has been playing through since sustaining it in training in March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not trying to be nasty at all, but I hope this means Agüero isn't able to be selected for the Argentina World Cup squad.  There are certain players that have had enough chances and bringing in someone fresh without all the razzmatazz tends to be revolutionary for things like these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I'm not trying to be nasty at all, but I hope this means Agüero isn't able to be selected for the Argentina World Cup squad.  There are certain players that have had enough chances and bringing in someone fresh without all the razzmatazz tends to be revolutionary for things like these.

You hope one of the best striker in the world miss the world cup? :cardY:   ...they should sack the manager and hire one that can use Aguero and Messi effectively 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You hope one of the best striker in the world miss the world cup? :cardY:   ...they should sack the manager and hire one that can use Aguero and Messi effectively 

For Argentina he's one of the biggest misfits in the world mate.  Way too many chances with nothing to show for it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For Argentina he's one of the biggest misfits in the world mate.  Way too many chances with nothing to show for it!

Buts that's down to the manager, goals to mins he's still the best in the world, get a manger that can bring the best out in Messi and they have a great chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Buts that's down to the manager, goals to mins he's still the best in the world, get a manger that can bring the best out in Messi and they have a great chance

You mean managerS mate... (Plural)

There comes a time when things become self evident.  Nothing to be taken away from Agüero's club career, but for his country he's been less than average and I mean "less" mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Buts that's down to the manager, goals to mins he's still the best in the world, get a manger that can bring the best out in Messi and they have a great chance

No manager can miraculously make Aguero grow balls when he wears the Argentina kit. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting sick of this argument really. 

A manager is not responsible for Aguero or any Argentine striker for that matter, to miss complete sitters or to ruin build up play. The pressure of wearing the Argentina kit is massive, and some players, Aguero being one of the main culprits, can't handle it. 

Give Martinez a proper go. If not, send Higuain to a therapist to get his confidence up before the world cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement