talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sergio Agüero Likely to Miss Rest of the Season

Sergio Aguero's season is "likely" to be over after the Manchester City striker underwent successful keyhole surgery on a knee injury.

The newly-crowned Premier League champions have confirmed the operation was "minor" and designed to correct a problem he has been playing through since sustaining it in training in March.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not trying to be nasty at all, but I hope this means Agüero isn't able to be selected for the Argentina World Cup squad.  There are certain players that have had enough chances and bringing in someone fresh without all the razzmatazz tends to be revolutionary for things like these.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I'm not trying to be nasty at all, but I hope this means Agüero isn't able to be selected for the Argentina World Cup squad.  There are certain players that have had enough chances and bringing in someone fresh without all the razzmatazz tends to be revolutionary for things like these.

You hope one of the best striker in the world miss the world cup? :cardY:   ...they should sack the manager and hire one that can use Aguero and Messi effectively 

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You hope one of the best striker in the world miss the world cup? :cardY:   ...they should sack the manager and hire one that can use Aguero and Messi effectively 

For Argentina he's one of the biggest misfits in the world mate.  Way too many chances with nothing to show for it!

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For Argentina he's one of the biggest misfits in the world mate.  Way too many chances with nothing to show for it!

Buts that's down to the manager, goals to mins he's still the best in the world, get a manger that can bring the best out in Messi and they have a great chance

35 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Buts that's down to the manager, goals to mins he's still the best in the world, get a manger that can bring the best out in Messi and they have a great chance

You mean managerS mate... (Plural)

There comes a time when things become self evident.  Nothing to be taken away from Agüero's club career, but for his country he's been less than average and I mean "less" mate.

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

No manager can miraculously make Aguero grow balls when he wears the Argentina kit. 

Getting sick of this argument really. 

A manager is not responsible for Aguero or any Argentine striker for that matter, to miss complete sitters or to ruin build up play. The pressure of wearing the Argentina kit is massive, and some players, Aguero being one of the main culprits, can't handle it. 

Give Martinez a proper go. If not, send Higuain to a therapist to get his confidence up before the world cup. 

Archived