talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PFA Team of the Year Announced

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me Alonso has provided plenty of entertainment in an attacking sense and to be honest, if Real Madrid’s Marcelo is permitted forgiveness for being a terrible defensive full-back, then Alonso has a more than justifiable right to be there considering all of this. 

18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For me Alonso has provided plenty of entertainment in an attacking sense and to be honest, if Real Madrid’s Marcelo is permitted forgiveness for being a terrible defensive full-back, then Alonso has a more than justifiable right to be there considering all of this. 

Not that the league has been gifted with a lot of talent in this position this season but there's a few that would be above him. He's the worst to watch in our squad mate entertainment wise and has a lot of flaws, cannot believe there's people who rate this guy this highly. Couldn't believe it when I saw the news this morning, Marcelo is ten times the player Alonso is.

Mind you last season, Cahill (who did have a good season) got in ahead of Azpi who deserved it a lot more.

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I know he only signed for us in January but VVD walks into that team. 

Absolute colossus!  

Robertson at LB also pisses all over Alonso. 

xD

Never change.

VvD doesn't walk into the team of the season after a few good performances. Robertson didn't play for half the season although he may have been in their otherwise. Take those red tinted glasses off

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Joke of a team, but what else is to be expected. 

I actually think it's one of the most accurate one's in years. Bar Otamendi, Alonso and potentially Aguero - they've got it spot on - but even with the questionable ones it's not certain the players haven't got it right as other stand out candidates are few and far between.

PS. What's the betting Kane doesn't win young player of the year, even though he's in the team and Sane/Sterling aren't?

27 minutes ago, Storts said:

xD

Never change.

VvD doesn't walk into the team of the season after a few good performances. Robertson didn't play for half the season although he may have been in their otherwise. Take those red tinted glasses off

A few good performances? xD

Hes totally revamped our whole defence. His defensive stats are off the scale. Wonderful signing. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hes totally revamped our whole defence. His defensive stats are off the scale. Wonderful signing. 

It was a very low bar to begin with - could hardly make it worse! It's also yes less than half a season, of which he has had some bad games, giving away a last minute penalty for example...

It's ludicrous and extremely biased to suggest he should walk into the team on the back of that. Agree with Mike though that next season they may be firmly in contention.

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

First half of the season he was playing for a team who look likely to get relegated. No way should he ever be considered.

No idea why people are against Aguero's inclusion, third highest scorer and he has a lot less minutes played than the others around him. Only one I'd question is probably Alonso, but I don't know who'd you would really put ahead of him so I think that's fair enough. Also maybe Eriksen, he has been brilliant, but I think Fernandinho has to be in there.

8 minutes ago, Storts said:

It was a very low bar to begin with - could hardly make it worse! It's also yes less than half a season, of which he has had some bad games, giving away a last minute penalty for example...

It's ludicrous and extremely biased to suggest he should walk into the team on the back of that. Agree with Mike though that next season they may be firmly in contention.

I didn’t actually say he ‘should be included’, simply because he’s only played for us since January. 

He certainly would walk into that team though. Outstanding defender. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I didn’t actually say he ‘should be included’, simply because he’s only played for us since January. 

He certainly would walk into that team though. Outstanding defender. 

You certainly implied it - 'I know he's only played for us since January but...' - it's fine to back down now that you've been called out though.

He's alright - an upgrade on what you had no doubt, but got plenty of mistakes in him. I'm not sold

53 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

These things were voted for weeks ago weren't they? No chance Van Dijk or Robertson were getting in given they both only became regulars in January. I don't think either will be far away next season though

Yea I think in February is the deadline for the voting. 

Eriksen is amazing but that's a stupid midfield. Fernandinho has been one of the most important players for City and by far the best defensive midfielder in England this season. Shoehorning in the 3rd-best attacking midfielder at his expense is unfair. 

• Administrator
Just now, Happy Blue said:

What a joke of a team, no Sane, Sterling or Fernandinho???  ...MCFC would destroy that team 

would they destroy that team without the 5 included there though??

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Otamendi being in there is a joke. Same with Alonso.

And Sterling and Fernandinho should probably have been in the team, over Aguero and Erikson.

Otamendi has been largely great this season and so has Aguero 

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Otamendi has been largely great this season and so has Aguero 

I'm sure you're right and it's just that we've played you more than normal this season and I've just thought "wow Otamendi is shit" in 3 of those 4 matches. But I also can't shake that thought that he's a vastly overrated defender. But if the voting is done in February, that makes a bit more sense. There haven't been very many standout CBs in the league this season.

Archived