talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PFA Team of the Year Announced

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm sure you're right and it's just that we've played you more than normal this season and I've just thought "wow Otamendi is shit" in 3 of those 4 matches. But I also can't shake that thought that he's a vastly overrated defender. But if the voting is done in February, that makes a bit more sense. There haven't been very many standout CBs in the league this season.

Yeah, he's been great for most the season, just a bit off form the last couple of months  ..they whole team seems to have dipped a bit 

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Eriksen is amazing but that's a stupid midfield. Fernandinho has been one of the most important players for City and by far the best defensive midfielder in England this season. Shoehorning in the 3rd-best attacking midfielder at his expense is unfair. 

Not sure the players really vote with a formation in mind.

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'd say it's pretty spot on. Davies for Alonso and Fernandinho for Erikson is all i'd change. 

I'd take Aguero out and put Fernandinho in just behind that midfield three. 

Haha, Never fails!

Every year this announcement brings the followers of our game, tinted glasses to the fore & with it total bollocks opinion.

I happen to think the best group of players & best manager this current season are at the same club........ Burnley & Sean Dyche.

Yet, at this annual time of Professional Footballers conformation that they cant get past the usual suspect clubs, we have some of the most consistent performers, punching well above their weight, disregarded for players who get plenty of coverage live on TV & in some cases, do more watching of games than actually performing for a full 90 mins.

I hope Mr. Dyche is voted Manager of the Year. For me he deserves it by a huge margin.

Footnote:

Alonso ~ Few stand out free kicks catches the professional eye over terrible defending n mobility   :dam:     :D

2 hours ago, Storts said:

You certainly implied it - 'I know he's only played for us since January but...' - it's fine to back down now that you've been called out though.

He's alright - an upgrade on what you had no doubt, but got plenty of mistakes in him. I'm not sold

xD

“I know he’s only played for us since January but...........

VVD would walk into that team”!

Thats literally what I said xD

And he’s way better than alright mate, he’s totally transformed us defensively. I wouldn’t expect anyone who doesn’t keep a close eye on us to have noticed as much as someone who does (obvs) but he really has been a revolation. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

xD

“I know he’s only played for us since January but...........

VVD would walk into that team”!

Thats literally what I said xD

by saying he would walk in to the team does imply that you think he should be included though...?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

by saying he would walk in to the team does imply that you think he should be included though...?

No it doesn’t Stan, think about it pal. All I’m saying is he’d walk into that team, and he would. Because however he signed in January then I can understand why he’s not. 

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Not sure the players really vote with a formation in mind.

Well there is the basic division of central defense-full backs-midfield-attack. In an ideal world maybe there'd possibly be a defensive midfield category. 

But then you could argue for separate winger and striker categories and confuse things even more, admittedly.

Always been a fan of Azpilicueta, has he been bad this season? From whatever I have seen in the past I cant recollect a single bad performance from him ever. When I saw this thread, even before I opened it I thought he would be there in the team. 

18 minutes ago, Asura said:

Always been a fan of Azpilicueta, has he been bad this season? From whatever I have seen in the past I cant recollect a single bad performance from him ever. When I saw this thread, even before I opened it I thought he would be there in the team. 

Poor for his standards. Got beat quite a lot, even by some average players. Rudiger outperformed him. 

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

This is Sky Sports' 'alternative' XI 

How would our alternative team of the season get on against the PFA selection?

Not that these lists mean anything but not a single Arsenal player could fit into two teams with 22 players, total embarrasment.

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Poor for his standards. Got beat quite a lot, even by some average players. Rudiger outperformed him. 

Thats very strange, he is one of the very rare players who I thought would never ever play bad. Guess Im wrong then

Archived