• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

England Friendlies Announced for September

Recommended Posts

England will play home games against Switzerland and the United States having finalised their 2018 autumn schedule.

The matches will complement the new UEFA Nations League programme with Gareth Southgate's team facing home and away dates with Croatia and Spain in the inaugural national-team competition.

Switzerland will visit on Tuesday, September 11, with the venue yet to be decided, while the United States fixture on Thursday, November 15 will take place at Wembley Stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

should be routine wins in both.

positive sign that venue is still to be decided for the Switzerland game possibly meaning it's played away from Wembley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dull. Nigeria, Costa Rica, Switzerland and the USA. Hardly likely to draw crowds with that calibre of opposition. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how much bearing the World Rankings have had on the selection of England’s opponents for the friendlies in September and November?

The UEFA Nations League has thrown up two difficult opponents in Spain and Croatia and ‘relegation’ to becoming one of the teams in Pot B is a real possibility, while friendlies still ‘count’ towards the World Ranking so friendlies against perceived ‘weaker’ nations in Switzerland and the US is an opportunity for England to keep a decent World Ranking, which I assume goes someway to determining what pot England would find themselves in for tournament qualification in the future. 

Becoming a ‘secondary’ nation in terms of qualification for tournaments would put England in a difficult situation as getting drawn with a big nation would potentially push them into the play-off’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Switzerland game is rumoured to be at our ground. I'm there if so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dan said:

The Switzerland game is rumoured to be at our ground. I'm there if so.

Fuck off is it. I'll be on holiday during that weekend. Ffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Fuck off is it. I'll be on holiday during that weekend. Ffs. 

It's on a Tuesday I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dan said:

It's on a Tuesday I think.

even so, i'm away on 8th-16th Sept xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
On 4/18/2018 at 13:09, Smiley Culture said:

Dull. Nigeria, Costa Rica, Switzerland and the USA. Hardly likely to draw crowds with that calibre of opposition. 

 

Nigeria I would argue are better than England and Costa Rica aren't far off either, I agree they aren't top football names that guarantee crowds but they are good teams.

I don't rate the Swiss or the USA though. I can imagine Costa Rica is to prepare for Panama and Nigeria for Tunisia. The latter doesn't make sense to me though, as the styles don't even come close. They should have gone for Egypt, Algeria or Morrocco instead, but maybe they didn't want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian Nigeria aren't better than England xD I'm not letting you off with that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blue said:

Nigeria I would argue are better than England and Costa Rica aren't far off either, I agree they aren't top football names that guarantee crowds but they are good teams.

I don't rate the Swiss or the USA though. I can imagine Costa Rica is to prepare for Panama and Nigeria for Tunisia. The latter doesn't make sense to me though, as the styles don't even come close. They should have gone for Egypt, Algeria or Morrocco instead, but maybe they didn't want to.

Nigeria are better than England? You're such a fucking wet wipe some times.

Nigeria and Costa Rica is purely because of who they've drawn in the World Cup. Southgate admitted it himself.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Nigeria are better than England? You're such a fucking wet wipe some times.

Nigeria and Costa Rica is purely because of who they've drawn in the World Cup. Southgate admitted it himself.

 

You don't need to result to personal insults over my opinion. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just trolling dawgs :68_sleeping: no need to insult :68_sleeping: baiting is fun :68_sleeping:  why give my real opinion if I can get more reactions with a stupid one :68_sleeping:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Nigeria are better than England? You're such a fucking wet wipe some times.

Nigeria and Costa Rica is purely because of who they've drawn in the World Cup. Southgate admitted it himself.

 

I find this quite a bizarre theory in all honesty. Do Panama really play like Costa Rica? Do Nigeria really play like Tunisia?

I don't see the harm in playing them but it looks a little short sighted to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
1 minute ago, Dan said:

I find this quite a bizarre theory in all honesty. Do Panama really play like Costa Rica? Do Nigeria really play like Tunisia?

I don't see the harm in playing them but it looks a little short sighted to me.

Panama do in a way, but Nigeria don't. Not even close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dan said:

I find this quite a bizarre theory in all honesty. Do Panama really play like Costa Rica? Do Nigeria really play like Tunisia?

I don't see the harm in playing them but it looks a little short sighted to me.

It’s a sweeping generalisation about teams from both continents but yeah, the reason they were selected as pre-tournament opposition was because we have an African and a South American team in the group’s. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

The King Power Stadium is set to host the friendly against Switzerland @Stan @Dan

saw this earlier. Bang in the middle of my holiday to France ffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switzerland announced as at Leicester. I’m tempted. I’ve got holiday to take but I’m moving out and can’t really plan too far in advance as it could be around that sort of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

England's gonna play the Nations League matches around the country as well ? Or is it just the friendlies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2018 at 19:03, Dan said:

Brian Nigeria aren't better than England xD I'm not letting you off with that one.

 

On 17/05/2018 at 14:59, Blue said:

Nigeria I would argue are better than England and Costa Rica aren't far off either, I agree they aren't top football names that guarantee crowds but they are good teams.

I don't rate the Swiss or the USA though. I can imagine Costa Rica is to prepare for Panama and Nigeria for Tunisia. The latter doesn't make sense to me though, as the styles don't even come close. They should have gone for Egypt, Algeria or Morrocco instead, but maybe they didn't want to.

Just noticed the nigeria better than england comment.  Ow brian i love you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2018 at 21:25, Blue said:

You don't need to result to personal insults over my opinion. Thanks.

I agree its not nice mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Would you have gone if we hadnt had a good world cup?

More than likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dan said:

More than likely.

Do you think it will be a good apmosphere in Leicester?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Do you think it will be a good apmosphere in Leicester?

I'd imagine so. The atmosphere at Leeds was excellent a couple of months ago and I think while it probably won't be quite that good, it should still be decent. It'll be better than Wembley for certain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'd imagine so. The atmosphere at Leeds was excellent a couple of months ago and I think while it probably won't be quite that good, it should still be decent. It'll be better than Wembley for certain.

Yeah Wembley has a very poor apmosphere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement