talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Top 10 players of the season

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

You can't judge it in hindsight, they didn't win so it wasn't important.

equalisers are important though otherwise you've lost the game...?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

he's opened the scoring in the following:
Leicester 2-3 Liverpool
West Ham 1-4 Liverpool 
Liverpool 3-0 Southampton
Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea
Liverpool 1-1 Everton
Liverpool 2-2 Tottenham (went on to score the 2nd as well)
Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle
Liverpool 5-0 Watford

I think his second against Spurs came  off Kane :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Stan said:

out of his 30 goals in the Premier League, he's scored decisively in the following

1-1 vs Burnley (equaliser)
2-1 vs Leicester (equaliser and winner)

Cheers Stan,

Not as many as one might have thought then... Well that speaks volumes for the overall team effort and scoring capability of the side. It's easy with all the focus on Salah's scoring exploits that he tends to grab most of the headlines and seems to get a lot of focus and it shows how well he is supported and how effective Pool are at going forward in not only creating but finishing chances from elsewhere on the pitch... 

I was curious because obviously Salah has had an outstanding season beyond any he has had before and wondered if this is just a possible one time high or he is peaking now and showing his full potential in a side that is so creative.. In theory even a dip in his form next season would not have too much of a negative impact on the side in general... 

15 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Cheers Stan,

Not as many as one might have thought then... Well that speaks volumes for the overall team effort and scoring capability of the side. It's easy with all the focus on Salah's scoring exploits that he tends to grab most of the headlines and seems to get a lot of focus and it shows how well he is supported and how effective Pool are at going forward in not only creating but finishing chances from elsewhere on the pitch... 

I was curious because obviously Salah has had an outstanding season beyond any he has had before and wondered if this is just a possible one time high or he is peaking now and showing his full potential in a side that is so creative.. In theory even a dip in his form next season would not have too much of a negative impact on the side in general... 

He’s been supported very well to be fair.

He’s scored 42 with 11 assists in all comps. 

Firmino has 26 goals and 11 assists. 

Mane has 17 goals and 8 assists. 

Between them they have scored and assisted 115 goals over all comps this season so far. 

That for me makes them the best trio in Europe. 

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Oh you know I enjoy your humour n banter, its just when those tinted glasses rest on your Nose causing your football opinion to turn a demented shade of Rouge. 9_9

Nice use of random capitals there.

I like how he comes in here, the "top 10 players" of the season thing, calls us morons, and then prattles off some players that may have had better seasons than we expected... but no rational and sane person could put them in a list of the top 10 players in the league this year. It's like starting a different conversation without telling anyone the conversation has changed, and then getting angry that people aren't on the same page as you.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I like how he comes in here, the "top 10 players" of the season thing, calls us morons, and then prattles off some players that may have had better seasons than we expected... but no rational and sane person could put them in a list of the top 10 players in the league this year. It's like starting a different conversation without telling anyone the conversation has changed, and then getting angry that people aren't on the same page as you.

Matron will be round to change his rubber underpants soon and give him his pills    ...see you in another 6mths liquid :bye:  

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

wouldn't answer my question either to provide his own top 10. 

such a Moran. 

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Not sure exactly where the figures are from but they sound right, and illustrates how unique a player Firmino is. 

I want to believe that stat... but I also have a hard time believing that all the records and stats of that stuff weren't tracked fully until fairly recently.

Firmino's a great player though. He's the most integral player to how we attack. Salah having a completely mercurial season sort of takes the spotlight off Firmino, but Firmino is having a great season as well. He's really grown into the role Klopp's given him over the course of the season.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I want to believe that stat... but I also have a hard time believing that all the records and stats of that stuff weren't tracked fully until fairly recently.

Firmino's a great player though. He's the most integral player to how we attack. Salah having a completely mercurial season sort of takes the spotlight off Firmino, but Firmino is having a great season as well. He's really grown into the role Klopp's given him over the course of the season.

Yup it seems likely that somebody must have achieved those numbers back in the day when teams won 12-0 on a regular basis like in the 1930s or whatever.  

Still, even just considering it in the light of the last 20 years when we have these figures generally available, it's remarkable how much he contributes from the centre forward position. 

• Subscriber

Firmino is a Klopp player. He will bust a lung even if he isn't fast enough to chase attackers into defensive positions, tracks when he knows things are going to get tight and the best part of it all is he has a touch around the box that is almost ballerina-like with his hold-up play. During the first part of the CL campaign he was the guy firing in goals and was our top scorer. He may not score a lot of goals but he's always around to link up and move the ball forward. Still think his goal against City when he brushed off Stones to chip the ball into the goal was one of the best goals of the season.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Leave him alone! He’s only just learned how to spell ‘moron’ ffs :D

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Matron will be round to change his rubber underpants soon and give him his pills    ...see you in another 6mths liquid :bye:  

1 hour ago, Stan said:

wouldn't answer my question either to provide his own top 10. 

such a Moran. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Brilliant  xD

Now now ladies, I am not here to educate you. Far from it as your listed postings here show there is little between your ears other than your BOLLOCKS.

Stan, to me you are coupled with Gonzo & a number of others here,  I dont feel the need to answer anything you ask of me as you have proved, like Gonzo not worthy of my time when it comes to Football. However, I offered a number of players in the thread talking of the PFA team, which spawned this thread where you and your band of luvvies listed brain dead contributions of the obvious.  I dont feel the need to repeat myself in this thread and I ask you bits of boys to stick with each other concentrating on your pants dropping rating system, the one thing you all excel at. It paints a clear picture of each of your football intelligence.

Bits of boys :ay:

39 minutes ago, Dan said:

I do like Bailly but he always seems to be out.

Yeah I don't think his quality as a defender can be denied. He's just had injury issues, which lead him to get overlooked from time to time. Ledley King is probably one of the best defenders I remember from the league, but his legacy is a bit wonky because of the injury record (though I think his injuries were worse than Bailly).

Archived