talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joey Barton Parts Ways With Fleetwood Town

football forum

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I finished my holiday book early last year and went to the library to find something else, found Joey's autobiography and it was one of the cringiest things I've ever read - lasted about three chapters before binning it off. Proper self righteous and filled with arrogance, I was in the minority that didn't mind Barton too much (although accepted his bizarre behaviour was unacceptable) but that book turned me right off him. 

It's all under wraps at the moment but the strong rumour is that Barton grabbed the Barnsley boss, punched him before following it up with a headbutt knocking two teeth out. If so, that's completely unacceptable and should carry a severe punishment. 

If that was the case, I very much doubt the police would allow him to leave the scene without speaking to him. That's GBH at the very least!

Barton later rejoined the rest of his team for the journey back to Fleetwood and BBC Sport understands Barton was not spoken to by police about the incident.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Have you not seen the video that's gone viral? It's hilarious. Policewoman runs out to stop the car from leaving the ground and runs straight past him :dam:. Luckily a Barnsley steward gets in front of the car and keeps him there. 

Yeah saw that. She goes back to stop him though with the steward and then video cuts off. 

I can't imagine that if it was as bad as that rumour states, that Barnsley or the police would just let him out the ground so easily and freely. 

• Subscriber
On 14/04/2019 at 13:54, Cannabis said:

Have you not seen the video that's gone viral? It's hilarious. Policewoman runs out to stop the car from leaving the ground and runs straight past him :dam:. Luckily a Barnsley steward gets in front of the car and keeps him there. 

• Subscriber

Joey Barton: Barnsley complain over alleged incident with Daniel Stendel

Barnsley have complained to the English Football League and Football Association following an alleged incident involving manager Daniel Stendel and Fleetwood boss Joey Barton.

The League One club said they are working with South Yorkshire Police and assisting with all enquiries.

Barton, 36, "physically assaulted" Stendel in the tunnel after Saturday's loss at Oakwell, according to Barnsley player Cauley Woodrow on Twitter.

Woodrow later deleted the tweet.

On Monday, South Yorkshire Police said they were continuing to investigate reports of an assault at Barnsley Football Club.

"No arrests have been made at this time and enquiries remain ongoing," a statement added.

Fleetwood said they had "been made aware of an alleged incident" and were "currently establishing the facts".

BBC Radio Sheffield reported on Sunday that German Stendel, 45, was "OK" but "suffered facial injuries".

Sky Sports News showed footage of Barton attempting to leave the ground after the match, but the car in which he was a passenger was stopped by police, before being allowed to proceed.

Barton later rejoined the rest of his team for the journey back to Lancashire.

The former England midfielder has a history of controversy, including a 77-day spell in prison for common assault and affray following an incident in Liverpool city centre in December 2007.

He took over at Fleetwood for his first managerial job last summer - one day after an 18-month FA ban for betting ended.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47948155

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 19:19, Dan said:

If it's true he should be sacked and just given up on in all honesty. Bloke's a lost cause.

If it's true he should be banned from football tbh. The man is a nutcase and has a long history of violent assault.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If it's true he should be banned from football tbh. The man is a nutcase and has a long history of violent assault.

If I remember correctly he put a cigarette stub in to a team-mates eye?! I'm sure that was Barton.

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47963144

A man has been arrested following an alleged altercation between Fleetwood boss Joey Barton and Barnsley head coach Daniel Stendel at Oakwell.

The man attended a police station on Wednesday where he was arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence and racially aggravated assault.

He remains in custody for questioning.

Barnsley complained to the FA and the EFL about the incident in the tunnel after Saturday's League One game.

South Yorkshire Police, which earlier appealed for witnesses, said inquiries were ongoing.

"Officers are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have caught the incident on camera or who may have any mobile phone footage immediately before or after the incident occurred," a police statement said.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Racially aggravated? Aren't they both white?

It might not have been Barton that was arrested or if so, it may have been directed towards someone else, not necessarily to the Barnsley manager. 

On 16/04/2019 at 20:53, Dr. Gonzo said:

I always wanted him to go to a club managed by Roy Keane.  I really don't like Roy Keane either but I think he would have given Barton a smack

40 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I always wanted him to go to a club managed by Roy Keane.  I really don't like Roy Keane either but I think he would have given Barton a smack

Probably would lead to some hilarious training ground brawls. I imagine it would just have ended up more like Barton's time at Rangers though, almost immediately sacked.

• Subscriber

Joey Barton: Fleetwood Town manager 'emphatically' denies assault allegations

Fleetwood Town manager Joey Barton says he "emphatically" denies allegations he assaulted Barnsley boss Daniel Stendel.

Police are investigating an alleged tunnel altercation after Barnsley's 4-2 League One win at Oakwell on Saturday.

A man has been arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence and racially aggravated assault. He has been released on bail.

Barnsley complained to the Football Association and English Football League about the alleged incident.

After the game, Barnsley player Cauley Woodrow claimed on Twitter that Stendel had been "physically assaulted" and left with "blood pouring from his face".

Woodrow later deleted the tweet.

In a statement issued on Thursday, Barton said: "With regards to the alleged incident on Saturday following our game against Barnsley, I emphatically deny the allegations made."

He said it would be "inappropriate" to make any further comment.

The arrested man attended a police station on Wednesday and has been bailed until May.

South Yorkshire Police, who have not released the identity of the arrested man, have appealed for any witnesses with footage of the incident to come forward.

They said: "Officers investigating the incident would be keen to speak to anyone who may have caught the incident on camera or who may have mobile phone footage immediately before or after the incident occurred."

"We would ask members of the media and the public to refrain from speculation in relation to this incident, as it could potentially harm the investigation."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47976276

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I deleted it as you posted the article anyway separately.

Cheers, fucked if I know what's wrong, might be this laptop? I have photo shot a quote logo so I will stick that above of any of my posts. :ay:

1404659435_download(2).thumb.png.37ce234e2ce064931ed7f700e65672ae.png

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.1c72185c4bca55f9f66ea741994c9d59.png

Joey Barton: Fleetwood Town manager charged with actual bodily harm

Fleetwood Town manager Joey Barton has been charged with causing actual bodily harm following a post-match incident in the tunnel at Barnsley on 13 April.

Police say the incident, after the Tykes beat Fleetwood 4-2 in a League One game at Oakwell, left a man with facial injuries.

Barton has previously "emphatically denied" accusations he confronted Barnsley manager Daniel Stendel.

The 36-year-old has been bailed until 9 October 2019.

Barnsley complained to the Football Association and English Football League in April about the incident.

At the time, South Yorkshire Police also appealed for any witnesses with footage of the incident to come forward.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49013849

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The shocking thing about Barton is he's not even the worst Barton. His brother's a fucking murderer.

Aye, and he has had his sentence cut because...

"Footballer Joey Barton's brother has sentence cut for murder after becoming a charity worker in prison

Michael Barton was found guilty in November 2005 of the murder of 'blameless young black man' Anthony Walker."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/12136416/Footballer-Joey-Bartons-brother-has-sentence-cut-for-murder-after-becoming-charity-worker-in-prison.html

Archived