talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joey Barton Parts Ways With Fleetwood Town

football forum

On 19/07/2019 at 01:28, CaaC (John) said:

Aye, and he has had his sentence cut because...

"Footballer Joey Barton's brother has sentence cut for murder after becoming a charity worker in prison

Michael Barton was found guilty in November 2005 of the murder of 'blameless young black man' Anthony Walker."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/12136416/Footballer-Joey-Bartons-brother-has-sentence-cut-for-murder-after-becoming-charity-worker-in-prison.html

That’s a disgrace. His family are a bunch of cunts tbh, infamous in Merseyside constantly acting out of line and getting arrested constantly. Apparently his dad and his uncle were the same at the same age - so the shite doesn’t fall far from the arsehole. Michael Barton and his mate are racist murderers, cutting his sentence because his other repeat violent offender brother did charity shows serious flaws with the UK justice system 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The worst thing about Joey Barton is that he's not thick. He's actually intelligent enough to act and speak in a reasoned and sometimes manipulative way. He has an element of that Farageism about him where his past actions and statements make it clear beyond all doubt that he's a bad egg yet he somehow manages to use his words to buy the benefit of the doubt back from enough people to give him a semblance of credibility again. Hopefully this is the end of that.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Pleaded not guilty...

Fleetwood Town boss Joey Barton has denied assaulting rival manager Daniel Stendel during an incident after a game against Barnsley on 13 April.

He is alleged to have pushed Stendel, leaving him with a damaged tooth.

Barton, 37, appeared at Barnsley Magistrates' Court on Wednesday and pleaded not guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

He was given unconditional bail and will next appear at Sheffield Crown Court on 6 November.

Full Story

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.3dc1f7b8be12fc5c160ad4585f88d839.png

Joey Barton wins September's League One manager of the month award

Joey Barton has won his first manager of the month award after leading Fleetwood Town to 10 points from four games in September in League One.

The award comes two days after Barton pleaded not guilty to assaulting former Barnsley boss Daniel Stendel.

"For me, the most important thing is to make sure that we're lifting silverware at the end of the season," Barton said.

Nottingham Forest's Sabri Lamouchi won the Championship award and Cheltenham's Michael Duff won in League Two.

Barton took over as Fleetwood manager in June 2018 and has led the Cod Army to 24 wins and 18 draws in his 68 games in charge.

"It's a unique football club to work at and we've just got to keep this momentum now, keep doing what we're doing," Barton told the Fleetwood Town website.

"Everybody feels they have a role to play, from kitchen staff to the people who do the grass to the laundry women, so it's a real unique club at the moment.

"The culture's fantastic and awards give us some outside vindication of the job that all of us are doing at Fleetwood Town."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50011983

• Subscriber
On 11/10/2019 at 16:08, CaaC (John) said:

"Everybody feels they have a role to play, from kitchen staff to the people who do the grass to the laundry women, so it's a real unique club at the moment"

Is it just me or is this a super weird thing to say.?

• Subscriber

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Is it just me or is this a super weird thing to say.?

SAF used to talk about the tea-lady at United and paid tribute when she died at 90 years old, but Barton is not another SAF. 

“Nesta was extremely well thought of at the club and was a part of the Manchester United family.”

Nesta Burgess - United

43 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I get what he is trying to say.

At least he has a brain when it comes to racism...

Can just picture him headbutting the Bulgaria fans or something.

Kind of ironic though because his brother was convicted of a racist murder. Tbh, I think this is just opportunistic from Barton. He knows he can get good press by coming out and doing the obvious thing - condemning obvious racism. Fair play for condemning it, I suppose... but I can't help but think he'd be like his brother if he weren't a footballer.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Kind of ironic though because his brother was convicted of a racist murder. Tbh, I think this is just opportunistic from Barton. He knows he can get good press by coming out and doing the obvious thing - condemning obvious racism. Fair play for condemning it, I suppose... but I can't help but think he'd be like his brother if he weren't a footballer.

I don’t get the brother stuff, as much has a numpty Barton can be his brother carrying out a hate murder has nothing to do with him.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I don’t get the brother stuff, as much has a numpty Barton can be his brother carrying out a hate murder has nothing to do with him.

The Barton family is a bit infamous in Merseyside, well before Joey Barton ever kicked a football professionally. They're generational violent dickheads - I think it's evidence the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with regards to Joey. And considering that his brother is a literal murderer.. I'd guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree with his brother.

My guess is they're actually fairly similar in terms of their personality and how they think - which is what my point was there.

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think a lot of people would do that for a family member regardless of how right or wrong what they did was

If my brother killed murdered anyone, racially motivated or not, I'd let him rot. I'd like to think most people are the same - yeah he's family... but he'd also be someone who took someone else's loved one away from them. And if it was a racist murder, I'd be even more disgusted by my horrific murderous brother. Fortunately, I don't think that's something I'll ever have to worry about.

34 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think a lot of people would do that for a family member regardless of how right or wrong what they did was

xD. Jesus Christ mate, you’re saying a lot of people would defender a murderer because they were family? Actually pay for them to leave the country and escape justice? I feel you’re way off the mark here.

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

xD. Jesus Christ mate, you’re saying a lot of people would defender a murderer because they were family? Actually pay for them to leave the country and escape justice? I feel you’re way off the mark here.

Tbh mate I don’t know too much about it other than what his brother done. Not saying I would have done it mind, but yeah based on the people I’ve met throughout my lifetime if the opportunity arose to get a family member off of a serious crime they committed, I could quite confidently point out who I think would do it.

I feel like I’m defending him now, I agree that him trying to get his brother off the hook was bad and having found out about it, it is ironic that he makes comments about racism. Got a bit too argumentative there 😂

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Tbh mate I don’t know too much about it other than what his brother done. Not saying I would have done it mind, but yeah based on the people I’ve met throughout my lifetime if the opportunity arose to get a family member off of a serious crime they committed, I could quite confidently point out who I think would do it.

You need to stay clear of these people. They sound like absolute fucking arseholes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.edea420a98cb1032489f0d09b5af4ef7.png

Joey Barton: Fleetwood Town manager to go on trial accused of assaulting Daniel Stendel

Fleetwood Town manager Joey Barton will go on trial next year accused of assaulting former Barnsley boss Daniel Stendel following a match last season.

Barton, 37, is alleged to have pushed Stendel at Barnsley's Oakwell Stadium on 13 April this year, leaving him with a damaged tooth.

He pleaded not guilty to a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm at Sheffield Crown Court on Wednesday.

A provisional trial date for the former England player was set for 1 June.

Barnsley made formal complaints to the English Football League and the Football Association after the incident, which followed the Tykes' 4-2 win over Fleetwood in a League One fixture.

Stendel guided Barnsley to promotion last season but left his position with the club early last month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50315993

• 1 year later...

Archived