talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joey Barton Parts Ways With Fleetwood Town

football forum

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bloke talks very highly of himself and his abilities, it’ll be interesting to see how that equates to a League One team who are bankrolled by a millionaire who’ll be hungry for success, especially as Blackpool seem to be for sale, too. 

At least he’s not got down the disastrous player-manager route, though. 

3 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Good luck to the cunt

Sounds very genuine that.... 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wonder if he'll quote Nietzsche in his team talks.

I wOnder if he will fliCk between his normal voice and his French acceNt duriNg his team talks...

I put some random capitals in there for you as I know you are a fan.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2018 at 23:20, Kitchen Sales said:

It is. He's a scumbag but he's our scumbag.

I remember watching us against you a few years back. The arsenal fans were singing you should be in jail getting fucked in the shower xD

Clint Hill is being lined up to work alongside Joey Barton when he takes charge of Fleetwood Town. I reckon that's a good addition. I always imagined him and Derry to eventually line up together somewhere as they handled themselves like complete professionals here and at QPR.

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator

Two-game ban and £2k fine for abusive/insulting language and questioning an official's integrity

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46763786

Fleetwood Town boss Joey Barton has been given a two-game touchline ban and fined £2,000 for misconduct by the Football Association.

The ban comes after Barton was sent to the stands in their 2-1 defeat by Bristol Rovers on 22 December.

Barton admitted using 'abusive and/or insulting' language as well as questioning an official's integrity.

The 36-year-old will now miss their FA Cup tie against Wimbledon and League One fixture versus Oxford United.

• The title was changed to Joey Barton at Fleetwood Town

11th in league 1, around 10 points off play offs and relegation. Anyone know what the expectations were at fleetwood? I'm guessing he's about par for the course at the moment, which is better than I expected.

They didn't spend anything in the summer but Ched Evans and James HUsband are relatively expensive loans I'd imagine.

On 05/01/2019 at 09:59, Marc said:

11th in league 1, around 10 points off play offs and relegation. Anyone know what the expectations were at fleetwood? I'm guessing he's about par for the course at the moment, which is better than I expected.

They didn't spend anything in the summer but Ched Evans and James HUsband are relatively expensive loans I'd imagine.

Ross Wallace will probably have high wages too

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Joey Barton: Police investigate incident allegedly involving Fleetwood manager after Barnsley match

Fleetwood

An incident allegedly involving Joey Barton leaving a rival manager with "blood pouring from his face" is being investigated by police.

The Fleetwood boss clashed with Barnsley manager Daniel Stendel in the tunnel after Saturday's 4-2 League One defeat at Oakwell, according to Barnsley player Cauley Woodrow.

He claimed on Twitter that Stendel had been "physically assaulted" and left with "blood pouring from his face".

Woodrow later deleted the tweet.

On Sunday, South Yorkshire Police issued a new statement, saying: "Officers received reports of an assault at Barnsley Football Club today, Saturday, 13 April, this incident has been crimed and will be thoroughly investigated."

Barnsley said they "could confirm there was an alleged incident" and the club was "assisting the police with its enquiries", while Fleetwood said they had "been made aware of an alleged incident" and were "currently establishing the facts".

BBC Radio Sheffield reported on Sunday that Stendel was "OK", but had "suffered facial injuries".

English Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey said he was "stunned" to hear about the incident, adding: "While everything is alleged, a very unseemly incident would appear to have taken place and it needs to be dealt with swiftly and properly."

Harvey told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek: "As an off-the-field matter, the tunnel is still in the domain of the referee but we will work closely with everybody to ensure it's not a case of who deals with the matter but actually the matter is dealt with properly.

"We have all heard of tunnel fracas as players have left the pitch. It's the first instance I've heard - described as it has been - by those who witnessed it.

"It's disappointing. It comes on the back of a number of challenges which have come to the surface for football to deal with. We need everyone who plays a part to lead by example."

Nobody from either club carried out the usual post-match media interviews, which saw Fleetwood have Harry Souttar sent off after 65 minutes with Barnsley leading 2-1.

Sky Sports News showed footage of Barton attempting to leave the ground in a car after the game but being prevented from doing so by police. Barton later rejoined the rest of his team for the journey back to Fleetwood and BBC Sport understands Barton was not spoken to by police about the incident.

The Football Association is aware of the incident and will wait for the referee's report before investigating..........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47922726

Archived