talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sergio Agüero World Cup Doubt

Sergio Aguero is not expected to be "100 per cent in shape" for the World Cup, according to Argentina Football Association doctor Homero D'Agostino.

The Manchester City striker underwent surgery on his left knee to resolve an injury he has been carrying since March.

Pep Guardiola suggested Aguero may be fit to play again this season, but D'Agostino has expressed a more cautionary tone.

He told TyC Sports that Aguero "is not going to be 100 per cent in shape with so little time prior to the World Cup."

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Spike said:

0 World Cup goals, almost as bad as Piguian

I think there are specific times and reasons for certain people to be treated differently to others in life.  It all depends on the reasoning behind the opinion and different treatment with an example being a case such as Agüero...

If you enjoy and live off a status you've earned and been unifiably given by everyone so as to better everything in your life, you must then be aware that this status and effort can be used as a tool against you... In this case an important part of his career which is playing for his country because in that sense he's been nowhere near enough to have the adulation he's been given at club level throughout his career.  How can this be an exception?

19 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'm sure many Argentine's are ecstatic of this news 

Aguero, Di Maria, or Higuain. Who will dissappoint more? 

Without Agüero (if he doesn’t go) could release Higuaín. The fact he may now be the sole first choice could take pressure off him and also Sampaoli so as to not be forced to play so many of their marquee front men. One more midfielder so as to mask and reinforce those deficiencies in that area.  

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Without Agüero (if he doesn’t go) could release Higuaín. The fact he may now be the sole first choice could take pressure off him and also Sampaoli so as to not be forced to play so many of their marquee front men. One more midfielder so as to mask and reinforce those deficiencies in that area.  

I'd remove Messi from RW and put him directly behind the striker. 

Maybe Lo Celso at RW and Perotti at LW 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'd remove Messi from RW and put him directly behind the striker. 

Maybe Lo Celso at RW and Perotti at LW 

I don’t think there’s a magic formula behind moving pieces around for Argentina mate. For me there’s a massive lack of the quality needed both in midfield and defence, but overall in midfield.

Although in my frame of thought, if they can come to terms with this and understand it by being more pragmatic and playing conservatively, they have an outside chance because of Messi. Packing that midfield full of bodies and being difficult to play against is the only answer for me. 

9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Hmm thought that was boring football. They have the "goat" messi and they have to use mou tactics to win ? My oh my

It is boring football, but average teams need to resort to average style football. I’m giving my opinion on what they need to resort to and that Messi doesn’t deserve to be involved in such mediocrity. 

7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Right!! Messi belongs in a system that gets shutdown by Juventus. The same team that got embarrassed at the CL and this year, allowed Ronnie to score two of the greatest goals ever in football history.

He scored a brace against them earlier in the year xD

7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

It was the group stage, lesser pressure. Messi chokes when the pressure is on! What is it three straight finals With Argentina, three straight Ls!!! GOAT? Fucking far from it

Looks like he doesn't feel any pressure when he faces the two clubs you support 

30 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

It was the group stage, lesser pressure. Messi chokes when the pressure is on! What is it three straight finals With Argentina, three straight Ls!!! GOAT? Fucking far from it

Seeing as Argentina are going to Russia thanks to Messi, we can safely say that the presure he feels is the one on his ass cheeks. ;)

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Right!! Messi belongs in a system that gets shutdown by Juventus. The same team that got embarrassed at the CL and this year, allowed Ronnie to score two of the greatest goals ever in football history.

Do you remember Barcelona winning the Champions League against none other than the team you keep on mentioning called Juventus?

2 hours ago, Berserker said:

That fat mong has a way bigger belly than Higuain's so that grease-ball calling the best striker in the world a pig cannot be taken seriously Γεώργιος mate.

Porco dio!

Archived