• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsène Wenger to Step Down at End of the Season

football forum

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Inverted said:

Honestly don't get why he's clinging on so hard. 

If I only had another decade or two of active life left, and probably more than £10 million in the bank, I'd be travelling the world. I wouldn't be forcing myself to struggle with a job everyday and lie through sleepless nights. 

Wenger's a cultured guy, I'm sure he loves football but he must have other things that could keep him going. 

I think it has something to do with how bad a loser he is. At least in his younger days he was the sourest puss going. A real off the scale unbearable cunt. Losing really gets right up this tosser to the point of him becoming totally deluded.

He probably wants to retire when winning not losing. The problem is he doesn't know how to succeed in the modern game. Now the fans are trapped in both Wengers delusions and how deluded Arsenal's hierarchy are in thinking that the longevity of a manager is something of an identity worth keeping.

1 hour ago, VanPaddy said:

But if he wins the Europe League, he will say it was part of the plan B|

If he wins the Europa League I for one wouldn’t have a problem with him working his final contractual year mate. The club football matters are a total shambles that won’t be fixed easily anyhow and the fact he will have won his first European trophy for me I would give him that even though my thoughts on how long he has been finished for are the same. It’s a sort of thank you with a back thought of you should’ve gone years ago. 

Arsenal still will not change, it has turned into such a horrible club.  It stinks of corporate yuppies, the atmosphere is soulless, There is nothing to like about the club anymore on and off the field.    I will be retiring also from football next season as its a cancer. 

10 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Arsenal still will not change, it has turned into such a horrible club.  It stinks of corporate yuppies, the atmosphere is soulless, There is nothing to like about the club anymore on and off the field.    I will be retiring also from football next season as its a cancer. 

Someone sounds rattled at the fact that Spurs are moving forwards and there is slowly a shift in power forming  :hh:

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Someone sounds rattled at the fact that Spurs are moving forwards and there is slowly a shift in power forming  :hh:

No football in general, its boring and built around greed, I rather not be part of it anymore, really pray that this bubble bursts soon and comes crashing down. 

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Nah I agree in general mate, football is largely wank now. It's changed and not for the better either.

Yea, when you see this wanky average cunts on 100k a week, why the hell are we entertaining this! 

Wenger in all truth should of left ages ago, i do feel he he has been pushed due to the way it is going.    Hope he wins the Europa cup and goes off on a high, its very unlikey though with this team he has put together this season, its not organised enough to win from Atletico Madrid over 2 games.  

It had to come sooner or later... most of us probably thought later 

I think he has been a great servant to the club over the years and has been perfect front man for Arsenal and they way they want the club run... I just don't think that with the direction football is heading with such vast sums of money being pumped into it that clubs like Arsenal will be able to keep competing and stay in those Champions League spots year after year the way it's run currently, that may all change with someone new though. It's been a little obvious that there has been a slow but sure decline in Arsenal over the past 3 or 4 seasons and I just think there are only so many seasons you can keep plodding along and taking all that flack all the time.. 

I will remember him for his footballing philosophy, great belief in the youth and not buying into paying silly money for either transfers or wages which has helped keep the club stable over so many years and money coming in rather than going out... On any given day Arsenal can play some fantastic free flowing football but just feel that they have become too fragile now... 

Don't know who might be coming in but both scary and exciting times for Arsenal fans I would have thought... Normally when such an established Manager like him with all that experience steps down the club can take a few steps back in progress while the re-building takes place like it did at United once Ferguson stepped down... 

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

No football in general, its boring and built around greed, I rather not be part of it anymore, really pray that this bubble bursts soon and comes crashing down. 

I do wonder how it will burst. I think it'll implode in to itself because it is getting ridiculous now because of how many billions and billions of pounds/dollars that are in the game now. 

Honestly considering how much I wanted him to leave, this news has really stuck me hard. He has all I've ever known as a supporter of Arsenal and has produced arguably the best periods in the club's history. 

I think now is the time to give him the send off he truly deserved. Hopefully he can leave on a high.

This is definitely for the best though, as long as we get the right man in place we can really turn things around quick.

Wow. He's been manager since I was seven years old and it feels weird that it's actually coming to an end. Will finally get to see what a managerial change feels like.

Has been without doubt our greatest manager and should be remembered as a legend. Won us the league in his 1st full season (97/98), won us the league with the only team in history to score in every game (01/02), won us the league with the only team in history to go unbeaten (03/04) and gave us more FA Cups than a manager has given any team (7).

Announced on 4/20 as well, which at least means I'm allowed to get high (I think that's how it works).

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

I do wonder how it will burst. I think it'll implode in to itself because it is getting ridiculous now because of how many billions and billions of pounds/dollars that are in the game now. 

first off .... i'm glad that Wenger has finally stepped down.   it will be good for him and arsenal.

as for football in general.   Roman started all this and then it snowballed with this arab and chinese billionaires getting and buying clubs left and right.   and that facker of an agent Raiola .... now players tends to become mercenaries ( money ).

• The title was changed to Arsenal Fans Slam 'Disgraceful' Thierry Henry After 'Snubbing' Wenger Send-Off

Archived