• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsène Wenger to Step Down at End of the Season

football forum

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

6666 trying to stop Sir Balon doing something stupid .... 

IMG_2094.GIF

:rofl:

Bastard! >:(

11 minutes ago, 6666 said:

When it comes to people that were incapable of rationally discussing why they thought a change of manager would be a good idea where they instead decided to go over the top and attack Wenger's character or go even further and wish he'd die, it is extremely enjoyable to see them not get their way and for them to find our that they're irrelevant.

:coffee:

Piers Morgan wished he died? o.O

Who's relevant may I ask?

4 minutes ago, Asura said:

he called the other 1% who called for his departure as a disgrace.

1% of what %?

If he thinks it's 1% (god knows where he got that stat from...  Probably the same place where they thought Brexit wouldn't succeed and Trump was a chump) then it's no wonder they keep on giving him a raise because he probably thinks he's on the minimum wage. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

1% of what %?

If he thinks it's 1% (god knows where he got that stat from...  Probably the same place where they thought Brexit wouldn't succeed and Trump was a chump) then it's no wonder they keep on giving him a raise because he probably thinks he's on the minimum wage. :ph34r:

I read that somewhere mate, he is so deluded that only 1% (or something around that region) of the fans are against him.

1 minute ago, Asura said:

I read that somewhere mate, he is so deluded that only 1% (or something around that region) of the fans are against him.

Are you the one who's wished death upon our saviour? >:(

3 minutes ago, Asura said:

I doubt it mate, he said few times that the 99% fans love him and he called the other 1% who called for his departure as a disgrace. I have a feeling that he thinks that the fans still love him (atleast the majority of them)

No way mate he knew a lot of the fan base had grown tired of him, why di you think the club took so long to announce the deal. You're fooling yourself if it was determined by Saturday because he'd of signed even if we had lost. I mean even the formation change had a lot to do with fan pressure.

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

No way mate he knew a lot of the fan base had grown tired of him, why di you think the club took so long to announce the deal. You're fooling yourself if it was determined by Saturday because he'd of signed even if we had lost. I mean even the formation change had a lot to do with fan pressure.

True, I had a feeling that the deal was done long back and they were waiting for a rosy moment before they can announce it.

Looks like they know that most of the fans would jump back to wengerIN once the FA cup was won. Wenger and the board thinks only a handful few fans doesn't like him despite wining the cup. I just want to see what happens now, I remember there were some protest walks outside Hihgbury few weeks ago before the good run of games, now lets see if they do that again or will most of those fans forget everything and be happy with the cup win. 

Im so frustrated Arsenal are missing another good manager in Tuchel now after Pep and Klopp last year.

The timing was perfect and the result against Chelsea in the final was a godsend.  No fans to confront for the whole summer and they'll probably spend I would say so that the focus goes off Wenger.  Those fans that were very hesitant to express any dissent toward the Arsenal manager will probably calm down before the season has started.  But the season before last there was already a big part of crowds publicly showing their disgust and this season just gone it was masses.  The whole thing is very risky indeed and in football nothing is guaranteed which in my view will mean he either wins the Premier League or comes extremely close to doing it for real.  He has no excuse of Champions League football next season either...  Oops wait!  There's the "Thursday Evening Excuse Syndrome" that's as ridiculous as that "Wet Monday Night at Stoke" rubbish. We're doomed! xD

44 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The timing was perfect and the result against Chelsea in the final was a godsend.  No fans to confront for the whole summer and they'll probably spend I would say so that the focus goes off Wenger.  Those fans that were very hesitant to express any dissent toward the Arsenal manager will probably calm down before the season has started.  But the season before last there was already a big part of crowds publicly showing their disgust and this season just gone it was masses.  The whole thing is very risky indeed and in football nothing is guaranteed which in my view will mean he either wins the Premier League or comes extremely close to doing it for real.  He has no excuse of Champions League football next season either...  Oops wait!  There's the "Thursday Evening Excuse Syndrome" that's as ridiculous as that "Wet Monday Night at Stoke" rubbish. We're doomed! xD

Maybe winning the Emirates cup and  Charity shield will bring the support back to Wenger! 

What other club would keep a coach that fans have protest about for mainly most of the season, causing fights in the stands, resulting to embarrassing pr stunts with planes. Its very clear that the fans at Arsenal have no say what so ever at the club, even though its their money paying for things. It shows the power Wenger has at the club and it is getting seriously dangerous as they are going to fall behind even more and an even bigger building job when he does leave with the structure at the club. 

I have to say that fighting in the stands and that plane stuff is ridiculous and stuff that only imbeciles normally do.  But the protests are things normal fans do and that I support even though I don't participate (lack of time really).  I do shout the odd obscenity every now and then at the stadium though.

As for fans matter...  They should do and they do at many clubs although those types of clubs are becoming less and less all the time because the percentage of money from fans that affects these types of clubs is a low percentage these days.  Corporate lots, publicity, sponsors, tv money, participation in tournaments money, shares and even in some cases like Arsenal...  Property and land owning.  The fans at Arsenal out of the London clubs are possibly the most meaningless now.  The fact I won't renew my season ticket will only get me them calling me a few times personally asking me why and trying to make me sound important (I know this because I nearly didn't renew last summer and left it till the last minute)...  My season ticket doesn't mean a thing to them.  They'll slot someone else into my seat a split second after they hang up on me.  I mean nothing to the club.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I have to say that fighting in the stands and that plane stuff is ridiculous and stuff that only imbeciles normally do.  But the protests are things normal fans do and that I support even though I don't participate (lack of time really).  I do shout the odd obscenity every now and then at the stadium though.

As for fans matter...  They should do and they do at many clubs although those types of clubs are becoming less and less all the time because the percentage of money from fans that affects these types of clubs is a low percentage these days.  Corporate lots, publicity, sponsors, tv money, participation in tournaments money, shares and even in some cases like Arsenal...  Property and land owning.  The fans at Arsenal out of the London clubs are possibly the most meaningless now.  The fact I won't renew my season ticket will only get me them calling me a few times personally asking me why and trying to make me sound important (I know this because I nearly didn't renew last summer and left it till the last minute)...  My season ticket doesn't mean a thing to them.  They'll slot someone else into my seat a split second after they hang up on me.  I mean nothing to the club.

Still its the football fans who buy the tv packages, merchandise.  

15 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Fuck me, the club didn't cause some cunts to hire a plane. Embarrassing fans acting like embarrassments is their own fault for being so fucking brain dead.

Yea of course but its all led from the problems at the club.

6 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Still its the football fans who buy the tv packages, merchandise.  

Mate...  There's all types of football fans and merchandise will always be sold.  The part about tv packages...  Clubs earn from the whole package sold which means you buy the product like in England being the Premier League.  Clubs don't sell their own personal tv packages (they used to in Spain and Italy once upon a time though and it didn't work).

5 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Yea of course but its all led from the problems at the club.

Those fans that protest feel like they're not being listened to and disassociated from the club...  The word disassociation is the most curious one of the lot because the foundations of football were created on association clubs (the reason clubs are called clubs to this day which in most cases is meaningless) ethics.  You supported your local club and that's how the fervent tribal elements were created.  This practically doesn't exist anymore although it does in some places even a few giant clubs still run like that even though they make a lot of money from commercial resources too.

If you guys play the reserves in the Europa league and focus fully on the league there's a chance you will be highly competitive provided you keep hold of your top talent. 

Confirmed by the club now

Arsenal Football Club and Arsène Wenger have agreed a two-year extension to his contract as manager.

Announcing the news, our majority owner Stan Kroenke said: “Our ambition is to win the Premier League and other major trophies in Europe. It’s what the fans, players, staff, manager and board expect and we won’t rest until that is achieved. Arsène is the best person to help us make that happen. He has a fantastic track record and has our full backing.”

Arsène and chief executive Ivan Gazidis have conducted a full review of our on and off the pitch activities to identify areas for improvement to build a sustained title challenge.    xD

Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170531/club-and-wenger-agree-contract-extension#ibY66JBy8V0GQwD6.99

www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170531/club-and-wenger-agree-contract-extension

Piers Morgan must have gotten a seizure when he read the news.

Remove "Arsenal will keep failing in any competition that matters."  from

Wenger wins. 
I lose. 
Arsenal will keep failing in any competition that matters. 
Sad, mad, inexplicable day.

and you end up with a Trump tweet.

• The title was changed to Arsenal Fans Slam 'Disgraceful' Thierry Henry After 'Snubbing' Wenger Send-Off

Archived