talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsène Wenger to Step Down at End of the Season

football forum

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad thing is that he wants to stay. That was clear in his post FA Cup win interview on the pitch. No matter what the idiots in the studio tried to paint it as. If he wanted to leave he would have announced it already.

The most FA Cup wins of any manager and following that achievement he could be out the door with a boot up his backside.

Horrible decision, the man once again has pulled wool over everyone's eyes with one decent performance. What's the point in a board if the meeting was conducted with just Kroenke and Wenger? This clubs a fucking joke and the way it's run is beyond shambolic. Wenger won't change now, he has all the leverage again and we will find ourselves in the exact same position in two years time. I only see us falling further and further behind. I just really hope there is some sort of push for a complete change on the football side. A brand new technical team is a must and new coaches are imperative, but I doubt we will see that.

The hilarious thing in all of this is many Arsenal fans claim Wenger won't do a Fergie and leave us in the shit which is exactly what he would've done. He claimed leaving now would cause more chaos & disruption when he was too busy fannying about with his decision. It shouldn't of even been his decision it's all a joke. Gazidis should step down now, he has too. Everything he has said has been complete bullshit and he has done nothing to stop this.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Should have gone for Tuchel. 

tbh this extension to Wenger's deal was probably done a while back while Tuchel was still at Dortmund. And they were just waiting for the right time to announce this Wenger news. So they probably couldn't have gone for Tuchel knowing that Wenger's deal had already been concluded.

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Honestly this is just a massively selfish decision by Wenger

Sounds like you're surprised mate!

I didn't expect anything else but I was really hoping he'd call it a day now after winning the FA Cup and at least going on a kind of high.  But no...  Not to be.

But it is kind of funny now though.  It's bloody eternal! hahahaha

Just now, SirBalon said:

Sounds like you're surprised mate!

I didn't expect anything else but I was really hoping he'd call it a day now after winning the FA Cup and at least going on a kind of high.  But no...  Not to be.

But it is kind of funny now though.  It's bloody eternal! hahahaha

I'm not surprised, I was just hoping someone would've been brave enough to say enough now. 

Now more than ever Arsenal need smart investment and clever tactics/game management. Not just copy Conte's formula when your being challenged by the fans and when there is no real pressure on. Even on Saturday literally no-one expected us to win, so the team played with freedom and zero pressure. This is arguably the biggest summer in the club's history and I really have no hope in him guiding us upwards.

• The title was changed to Wenger Signs Two-Year Extension (according to reports)
7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The benefits of this have already been seen with Piers Morgan crying with a slow acceptance that his opinion never really mattered.

So you think it's good so as to just witness people going ott or watch them go ballistic?

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I have no doubts they did. xD

There's more ways than one to keep your "rivals' down. >:(

Conte is a master at 4D chess and Arsenal just got played.

21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So you think it's good so as to just witness people going ott or watch them go ballistic?

When it comes to people that were incapable of rationally discussing why they thought a change of manager would be a good idea where they instead decided to go over the top and attack Wenger's character or go even further and wish he'd die, it is extremely enjoyable to see them not get their way and for them to find out that they're irrelevant.

:coffee:

3 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Honestly this is just a massively selfish decision by Wenger, this is more about his own ego than the good of the club. It was obvious him & Kroenke we're just waiting for the positive moment to announce it. 

I doubt it mate, he said few times that the 99% fans love him and he called the other 1% who called for his departure as a disgrace. I have a feeling that he thinks that the fans still love him (atleast the majority of them)

• The title was changed to Arsenal Fans Slam 'Disgraceful' Thierry Henry After 'Snubbing' Wenger Send-Off

Archived