• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsène Wenger to Step Down at End of the Season

football forum

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Biggest myth in football we are the 6th richest club in the world, our manager us now the third highest paid and as @Cicero said we have one of the biggest wage bills in the league.

Of course you're going to have one of the biggest wage bills in the league you're Arsenal not Everton.

You've been quite regularly outspent by City, United and Chelsea and quite regularly finished below them whilst finishing above the teams who you spend more than.

Leicester and Spurs being two anomalies over the case of around a decade.

City and United have also spent twice as much as you on transfer over the last 3 seasons and Chelsea even spending close to £100m more.

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Of course you're going to have one of the biggest wage bills in the league you're Arsenal not Everton.

You've been quite regularly outspent by City, United and Chelsea and quite regularly finished below them whilst finishing above the teams who you spend more than.

City and United have also spent twice as much as you on transfer over the last 3 seasons and Chelsea even spending close to £100m more.

Exactly we are one of the biggest teams in the league, just because teams spend more doesn't guarantee they are better. I don't think it is wrong to expect us to challenge for the league and to be at least competitive in Europe.

Its insane how some fans consider winning a domestic cup (a knockout tournament which anyone can win on their day) but not contending any other trophy as an achievement. Arsenal should be constantly challenging for premier league atleast if not the champions league at the European level. Wenger has all the funds but he is too afraid to spend as not winning after spending much will put him on the line, he just want to have an excuse by not spending. If not that, then the board and owners dont let him spend (which I doubt)

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Arsenal fans, from what I can gather, look at the fact that they're the 6th richest side and believe that down to that and the obscene prices they pay to watch their team, they should be able to spend as big as Chelsea, United and City rather than the odd £20m+ signing complimented by inferior players of a smaller value. 

They're not keeping up with these sides through stubbornness and being tight fisted, yet Arsenal could probably spend close to their rivals. 

Wenger needs to get players in straight away now, Man city are already doing their business.   Lucas Perez is leaving the club now,  he has been a complete waste of time and a panic buy, Wenger needs now to bring in a striker, a defender and a top quality keeper, instead of getting cast offs from other clubs when keepers reach the end of their lifespan. 

17 minutes ago, Danny said:

Sorry but I dont agree with this. A club doesnt have to spend over the top like City or Chelsea did in the past to win a title, its about the mentality of the whole team and the manager. Anyone who watches Arsenal matches regularly know how they capitulate in big games (bar Sanchez). Arsenal do spend well and do have some world class players in some areas of the pitch, a good mobile striker is all they are missing and adding a striker would probably have helped them win the title over leicester last season. Only teams like Malmo, Rostov, Ludogorets, Legia Warsaw, Dinamo Zagreb and Arsenal took a 5+ goal drubbing in the champions league in the last two years.

• The title was changed to Wenger Signs Two-Year Extension
1 minute ago, Asura said:

Sorry but I dont agree with this. A club doesnt have to spend over the top like City or Chelsea did in the past to win a title, its about the mentality of the whole team and the manager. Anyone who watches Arsenal matches regularly know how they capitulate in big games (bar Sanchez). Arsenal do spend well and do have some world class players in some areas of the pitch, a good mobile striker is all they are missing and adding a striker would probably have helped them win the title over leicester last season. Only teams like Malmo, Rostov, Ludogorets, Legia Warsaw, Dinamo Zagreb and Arsenal took a 5+ goal drubbing in the champions league in the last two years.

Yes that is correct Arsenal do spend a lot but they spend it horribly, the player recruitment over the last 6 or 7 years when Wenger panicked and bought players like Andres Santos, Arterta and Mertesacker showed the club really had no clue.  The only signing which was a risk was Rob holding who looks like a very calm, good talented defender who could become one of the best defenders at the club. 

5 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Yes that is correct Arsenal do spend a lot but they spend it horribly, the player recruitment over the last 6 or 7 years when Wenger panicked and bought players like Andres Santos, Arterta and Mertesacker showed the club really had no clue.  The only signing which was a risk was Rob holding who looks like a very calm, good talented defender who could become one of the best defenders at the club. 

I wouldnt blame him for the purchases before 2012 or so because I think the club was dealing with stadium finances but there is no excuse to spend and scout for good players after that. Ozil and Sanchez were examples where he tried to show some ambition but I still dont get the like of Lucas when your first choice striker is not world class why would you buy another one who is not worthy of a starter? Same thing with Gabriel who is bang average and two avg to above average players in ElNeny and Xhaka. Only wenger would take a pass on Kante for that price and buy Xhaka instead for that price and mind you Arsenal dont even play long range passing football which Xhaka is good at.

3 minutes ago, Asura said:

I wouldnt blame him for the purchases before 2012 or so because I think the club was dealing with stadium finances but there is no excuse to spend and scout for good players after that. Ozil and Sanchez were examples where he tried to show some ambition but I still dont get the like of Lucas when your first choice striker is not world class why would you buy another one who is not worthy of a starter? Same thing with Gabriel who is bang average and two avg to above average players in ElNeny and Xhaka. Only wenger would take a pass on Kante for that price and buy Xhaka instead for that price and mind you Arsenal dont even play long range passing football which Xhaka is good at.

But with Sanchez and Ozil its not like Arsenal went out and made offers Barcelona or Real Madrid could not refuse,  Arsenal were offered those players by the clubs, as they had to sell to bring in other stars.     There is clearly a missing link somewhere in the club to the person that negotiates the transfers. 

18 minutes ago, Asura said:

The flip side is he's won 3 FA Cups, don't be too greedy eh.

1 minute ago, VanPanna said:

But with Sanchez and Ozil its not like Arsenal went out and made offers Barcelona or Real Madrid could not refuse,  Arsenal were offered those players by the clubs, as they had to sell to bring in other stars. 

Well he atleast went for them, you cant expect Arsenal to go get any player they want from Real, Bayern or Barca. Why would a player come to arsenal from those clubs if they were playing regularly there?

15 minutes ago, Danny said:

Winning major silverware???

Winning third tier trophy after premier league and champions league. Not showing any determination in the other two and multiple capitulations against big teams

You Arsenal fans make me laugh. You constantly moan about not winning the league/champions league yet lord Spurs about how great they are and how well run they are:

"Look at Spurs WAAAAAAAAA"

"Why aren't we competing like Spurs WAAAAA" 

"They are sooo well run WAAAAAAAAAA"

Just take a step back and look at the last time Spurs won anything! Fuck me, Liverpool spend loads and what have we won in the last 10 years? I'd snap your arm off for 3 FA Cups in 4 seasons!

Truth is Arsenal are round about where they should be. The big hitters in this league are United, City & Chelsea (the biggest spenders and the league winners 99% of the time) and the rest of us are just trying to stay competitive. 

All this crying is just false hope because the way Arsenal are run from upstairs means that whoever is the manager, they will still face the same problems. 

Wenger has Arsenal finishing where they should be finishing year in, year out. Winning the league would just be Arsenal punching above their weight or the 3 moneybags underachieving. 

Just be happy the FA Cups keep rolling in you ungrateful whoppers. 

Are teams like Bayern Munich, Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd etc is it good enough for them to just their domestic cup??  and qualify for the champions the League and not improving in that tournament just getting knocked out in the stages season after season.    Arsenal as a football club are stuck in the dark ages its embarrassing, you don't even need money to that kind of a way, look at Ajax have no where near any of the resources to any English club but they are probably light years ahead with the structure at the club.  Wenger set the club up well in times when it was needed in the late 90s but football has moved on from that period it, coaching, training it has all moved on from the Wenger who still thinks his way is the best, when players are getting injured so much due to his ways in todays football. 

19 minutes ago, Asura said:

Winning third tier trophy after premier league and champions league. Not showing any determination in the other two and multiple capitulations against big teams

Third tier trophy do me a favour.

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You Arsenal fans make me laugh. You constantly moan about not winning the league/champions league yet lord Spurs about how great they are and how well run they are:

"Look at Spurs WAAAAAAAAA"

"Why aren't we competing like Spurs WAAAAA" 

"They are sooo well run WAAAAAAAAAA"

Just take a step back and look at the last time Spurs won anything! Fuck me, Liverpool spend loads and what have we won in the last 10 years? I'd snap your arm off for 3 FA Cups in 4 seasons!

Truth is Arsenal are round about where they should be. The big hitters in this league are United, City & Chelsea (the biggest spenders and the league winners 99% of the time) and the rest of us are just trying to stay competitive. 

All this crying is just false hope because the way Arsenal are run from upstairs means that whoever is the manager, they will still face the same problems. 

Wenger has Arsenal finishing where they should be finishing year in, year out. Winning the league would just be Arsenal punching above their weight or the 3 moneybags underachieving. 

Just be happy the FA Cups keep rolling in you ungrateful whoppers. 

Yes but Liverpool have won a european trophy!  Wenger has won fuck all in Europe!  and are not going to as Wenger cannot win a 2 legged cup competition.  Also if Liverpool moved to a new stadium, prices were doubled and paying more than any other fan in the country but you were told once the stadium is paid, we will be up competing with the elite of Europe, there will be uproar if you are still getting hammered by the big teams but the club is generating millions. 

7 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Yes but Liverpool have won a european trophy!  Wenger has won fuck all in Europe!  and are not going to as Wenger cannot win a 2 legged cup competition.  Also if Liverpool moved to a new stadium, prices were doubled and paying more than any other fan in the country but you were told once the stadium is paid, we will be up competing with the elite of Europe, there will be uproar if you are still getting hammered by the big teams but the club is generating millions. 

How do you think Spurs fans feel? They haven't won a trophy since Wenger's bollocks dropped ffs. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

How do you think Spurs fans feel? They haven't won a trophy since Wenger's bollocks dropped ffs. 

Thats like asking how Tranmere feel compared to Liverpool!   but what other clubs do,  Arsenal fans have been miss sold the future of the club. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Wenger's balls only dropped in 2008? :ph34r:

As Panna said though Arsenal fans pay the highest ticket prices in the league/world. We were told we'd compete with Europe's best by 2015 but if anything we've regressed and because we have won a few FA Cups we should be happy. I've loved winning the FA Cup, but it becoming more and more like the League cup every year. It's really not taken as seriously as it should by Orem teams. That's why teams like Palace, Hull & Villa have got to finals in recent years.

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Wenger's balls only dropped in 2008? :ph34r:

As Panna said though Arsenal fans pay the highest ticket prices in the league/world. We were told we'd compete with Europe's best by 2015 but if anything we've regressed and because we have won a few FA Cups we should be happy. I've loved winning the FA Cup, but it becoming more and more like the League cup every year. It's really not taken as seriously as it should by Orem teams. That's why teams like Palace, Hull & Villa have got to finals in recent years.

I'm not saying anymore on the subject because there is a lot of Arsenal fans on here and I'm aiming to make the last 16 in the members World Cup...

Arsenal never get to last 16 so you lot might take it personally 

:ph34r:

• The title was changed to Arsenal Fans Slam 'Disgraceful' Thierry Henry After 'Snubbing' Wenger Send-Off

Archived