talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

French Far-Right Politician's Son Opens Fire At School

football forum

• Administrator

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-express/20170317/281526520867917

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/teen-gunman-who-opened-fire-10040382

The teenage son of far-right French politician Franck Barbey is alleged to have opened fire at his school today, injuring the headmaster and two pupils.

Kylian Barbey, 16, is alleged to have opened fire at the Alexis de Tocqueville lycee, in the French town of Grasse, in an apparent targeted attack.

Head teacher Herve Pizzinat was hailed a "hero" for rushing towards the student as he pulled out his guns "to try to reason with him," Education Minister Najat Vallaud-Belkacem said.

"We avoided the worst," she added.

Local prosecutor Fabienne Atzori ruled out a terror motive and said the shooting appeared to have been motivated by the gunman's "bad relationships" with classmates.

Two pupils identified as Julie, 16, and Akram, 17 were injured by ricocheting bullets, while five others were lightly hurt in the rush to escape.

He is alleged to have stormed the building armed with a rifle, two handguns and two grenades, before firing a series of shots.

One terrified pupil, who described Barbey as "gentle and low-key," said bullets flew within just metres of terrified students as the screaming gunman fired into the room.

Barbey – whose social media accounts reveal an interest in American high school shootings and Joker from Batman – was quickly arrested after police swarmed the school in the perfume town, near Cannes.

He allegedly carried out the terrifying attack after watching American-style mass shooting videos, the interior ministry said this afternoon.

His politician father, Franck Barbey, then tweeted: "Heartfelt support for the director, the teachers, the staff, the pupils, and the parents of pupils."

Mr Barbey is an elected municipal councillor for the hard right Rally for France (RPF) party, which fights globalisation, European federalism, and immigration.

Its members, including Mr Barbey, have traditionaly allied themselves with Marine Le Pen’s National Front.

However, during France’s current presidential election campaign, Mr Barbey is supporting Francois Fillon, of the conservative Republicans party.

The two were pictured together last year.

Barbey junior was allegedly carrying a shotgun, two revolvers and a backpack containing fake grenades when he burst into the main building of his school soon after 1pm.

"It was total panic," said a student identified as Achraf, who described his ordeal to the BFM TV channel.

"The gunshots were just four or five metres from where we were. We thought the gunman was coming towards us. We heard him shouting.

"I just know the gunman by sight. He was gentle and low-key, not a nasty guy."

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Perhaps he was motivated by the rhetoric outlined within an outdated, poisonous ideology which he has been subjected to throughout his his life?

Or perhaps right-wing ideology won't have affected this kid because he's white, and as we know, white people can't be terrorists. He's just another nutter.:coffee:

2 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Perhaps he was motivated by the rhetoric outlined within an outdated, poisonous ideology which he has been subjected to throughout his his life?

Or perhaps right-wing ideology won't have affected this kid because he's white, and as we know, white people can't be terrorists. He's just another nutter.:coffee:

Why does this have to become a discussion on the race of the shooter? What a ridiculous statement to make. Well there doesn't seem to be any political or ideological motivations for the crime. He is a teenager, they live in a confusing world with changing bodies and minds; a lot can go wrong. The only association he has to the right-wing is his father and the child isn't guilty by association. On top of that how in any way does his father's philosophy of ant-EU  and anti-immigration relate to shooting teenagers?

Did you read the reports or did you just jump to deflect the tragedy to others? This is closer to Columbine than what happened in London the other day.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Why does this have to become a discussion on the race of the shooter? What a ridiculous statement to make. Well there doesn't seem to be any political or ideological motivations for the crime. He is a teenager, they live in a confusing world with changing bodies and minds; a lot can go wrong. The only association he has to the right-wing is his father and the child isn't guilty by association. On top of that how in any way does his father's philosophy of ant-EU  and anti-immigration relate to shooting teenagers?

Did you read the reports or did you just jump to deflect the tragedy to others? This is closer to Columbine than what happened in London the other day.

Well said

3 hours ago, Spike said:

16 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Considering it's been made clear that there wasn't a terror motive behind this attack and his only links to extremism of any kind is through his father who, the article says, is backing the Conservatives in France, Stef's post is truly ridiculous. 

Don't you dumb cunts know what sarcasm is? :dam: Steff's clearly making fun of Fairy in Boots due to the latter always relating any crime committed by a muslim (or someone that looks like one) to terrorism despite many times them being the acts of clear nutters like in this case.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Considering it's been made clear that there wasn't a terror motive behind this attack and his only links to extremism of any kind is through his father who, the article says, is backing the Conservatives in France, Stef's post is truly ridiculous. 

I made my comment further to a previous discussion I have had with FairyinBoots. Highly, highly tongue in cheek. Berserker got it.

10 hours ago, Berserker said:

Don't you dumb cunts know what sarcasm is? :dam: Steff's clearly making fun of Fairy in Boots due to the latter always relating any crime committed by a muslim (or someone that looks like one) to terrorism despite many times them being the acts of clear nutters like in this case.

Sarcasm gets lost over text you fucker.

6 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

I made my comment further to a previous discussion I have had with FairyinBoots. Highly, highly tongue in cheek. Berserker got it.

Fair enough, some people actually do think like that though and sarcasm does get lost over text.

17 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

7 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

The white kid bit at the end threw me off the scent. The virtue signalling exhibited of late is that stupid that I've taken a lot of it literally such is some of the senseless smuggery that goes on. 

Also regarding my rants, why didn't you reply to me laying out my basis for my views? It should be easy if I'm such a deranged idiot.

It's easy to look smart when you just move through the forums making smart remarks about "ray guns" but that's something I've never said and it's deflecting from the fact you can't answer some of my points.  

To be honest you're a fairly decent poster as are many but you all utterly lose your shit over Islam. If it was christianity you'd be there burning torch in hand sticking your two pence worth in. Absolutely farcical some of the hypocrisy on here towards the topic and my posts on it.

6 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The white kid bit at the end threw me off the scent. The virtue signalling exhibited of late is that stupid that I've taken a lot of it literally such is some of the senseless smuggery that goes on. 

Also regarding my rants, why didn't you reply to me laying out my basis for my views? It should be easy if I'm such a deranged idiot.

It's easy to look smart when you just move through the forums making smart remarks about "ray guns" but that's something I've never said and it's deflecting from the fact you can't answer some of my points.  

To be honest you're a fairly decent poster as are many but you all utterly lose your shit over Islam. If it was christianity you'd be there burning torch in hand sticking your two pence worth in. Absolutely farcical some of the hypocrisy on here towards the topic and my posts on it.

I saw your (fairly reasoned) response and figured that we were going to go in circles - I've been at loggerheads with countless posters on plenty of forums in my time - it's partly while I haven;t been on one for a good couple of years. Why would I bother getting stressed out on a football forum with a decent football poster over something as trivial as religion? I simply cannot be arsed - it's not really what I'm here for. 

Bollocks to arguments, bollocks to religious discussion and bollocks to Islam. Mashallah.

On 29/03/2017 at 0:26 AM, StefBWFC said:

I saw your (fairly reasoned) response and figured that we were going to go in circles - I've been at loggerheads with countless posters on plenty of forums in my time - it's partly while I haven;t been on one for a good couple of years. Why would I bother getting stressed out on a football forum with a decent football poster over something as trivial as religion? I simply cannot be arsed - it's not really what I'm here for. 

Bollocks to arguments, bollocks to religious discussion and bollocks to Islam. Mashallah.

It doesn't seem that way with it spreading to other topics, and jibes from other members. I'll leave it now though as it's probably in the greater interest of the forum

Archived