talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EDM DJ-Producer Avicii Dead at 28

football forum

Tim Bergling, the Swedish EDM DJ and producer known as Avicii died Friday at the age of 28, his representative confirmed. A cause of death was not immediately revealed.

"It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii," the musician's rep wrote in a statement. "He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th. The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given."

One of EDM's most popular acts, Bergling found crossover success with his 2011 hit "Levels," an Etta James-sampling smash that went platinum in the United States and topped the singles charts in dozens of countries. "Wake Me Up" followed two years later, with the Aloe Blacc-featuring single peaking at Number Four on the Hot 100.

Bergling released a pair of albums, 2013's True and 2015's Stories before the DJ announced in 2016 that he would retire from touring.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was out loads and loads from 2010 to 2014 as can be typical for people between the ages of 18-24 and in that period and context of going out and having a good time, this guy was a big part of the soundtrack for that period and context.

Had some classics, shocked. RIP mate.

5 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

I was out loads and loads from 2010 to 2014 as can be typical for people between the ages of 18-24 and in that period and context of going out and having a good time, this guy was a big part of the soundtrack for that period and context.

Had some classics, shocked. RIP mate.

Yea, many good times have been had to his tracks, lots of teenage drunken nights.

Levels changed EDM. I believe this guy was one of the biggest music influencers of his generation.

• Administrator

saw this news while out last night and was gutted and shocked to say the least. Everywhere we went played some Avicii in his honour. Terrible and didn't realise he was only 28 :(

RIP.

Remember when this first dropped, that was a good time. Unfortunately it became ridiculously overplayed but those first few months when it was released, class. Soundtrack to going out for many that year particularly in the summer away on holiday.

5 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Remember when this first dropped, that was a good time. Unfortunately it became ridiculously overplayed but those first few months when it was released, class. Soundtrack to going out for many that year particularly in the summer away on holiday.

One of the most danceable tunes of all time. It will always be a nostalgic track for me.

Never liked his music and tbh haven't heard much of his either, not just his' alone but the whole "EDM" which is absolutely shite. But my condolences  and RIP, just read that he is only 28 which is a very young age.

Archived