• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City To Take Chelsea's Records?

The records as they currently stand:
Most points: 95 (Chelsea 04/05)
Most wins: 30 (Chelsea 16/17)
Most away wins: 15 (Chelsea 04/05)
Most goals: 103 (Chelsea 09/10)
Biggest goal difference: +71 (Chelsea 09/10)

Man City currently sit on:
Wins: 28
Away wins: 14
Goals: 93
Goal difference: +68

Man City's remaining fixtures:
H v. Swansea
A v. West Ham
H v. Huddersfield
H v. Brighton & H.
A v. Southampton

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest we have been carrying them records around for a good while now and no-one has been able or willing to step up and take them off us and give us a break but thankfully having spent millions and millions of pounds finally we may have someone worthy... so I say take them if you can.. 

If you don't mind though we will keep the least goals conceded... and for that matter any others you don't feel ready to take yet... B|

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

They'll beat the goal differential at the very least 

You have to fancy them to take the points & wins records as well. They just need 3 wins and with their fixture list it's less likely that they won't get it.

8 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Only the 04/05 Chelsea team will be remembered and that is just because they are new. Can anyone actually remember Chelsea in 09/10? Something about Drogba or something? The 16/17 side will be a lost memory in 5 years as well. 

Depends how football intelligent you are, the brighter you are, the more you understand and remember.... Your posting paints a clear picture at what level you are at :ay:

2 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Depends how football intelligent you are, the brighter you are, the more you understand and remember.... Your posting paints a clear picture at what level you are at :ay:

Bright people discard useless memories

9 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Only the 04/05 Chelsea team will be remembered and that is just because they are new. Can anyone actually remember Chelsea in 09/10? Something about Drogba or something? The 16/17 side will be a lost memory in 5 years as well. 

34 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

32 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Bright people discard useless memories

29 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Who are you?

25 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Forgetting who people are is early onset dementia :ph34r:

339unw2.jpg

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Forgetting who people are is early onset dementia :ph34r:

Haha, I can be accused of a lot of things, but so far, fingers and anything else I can remember to cross, the said illness has not pointed a finger in my direction.

One hopes to be able to report that for longer than Newcastle's current stay in the top flight :ay:

11 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

04/05 will be remembered as one of the strongest ever in the league

09/10 will be remembered as one of the most entertaining

16/17 will be remembered as the only time a team won it with 3 at the back. 

10 hours ago, Cicero said:

By you. Most neutrals will remember 04/05 without prompt, they won't remember the others without it.

12 hours ago, Cicero said:

17/18 only time a team won it with 2 at the back B|

They may break the record but I don't think their as good though. I did for a lot of the season. But there have been a few things that have changes my mind like giving up the 2 goal lead against utd. That Chelsea side just wouldn't have done that I don't think

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

They may break the record but I don't think their as good though. I did for a lot of the season. But there have been a few things that have changes my mind like giving up the 2 goal lead against utd. That Chelsea side just wouldn't have done that I don't think

Mourinho was crying in the dressing room at HT  ..Pep felt sorry for him 

On 4/22/2018 at 02:17, Kitchen Sales said:

This is true the 04/05 side is the only one I remember and 16/17 was just last year.

Chelsea fans will remember it better, because if they're like me they'll remember very specific details about things that happened in past seasons they liked. But it was not as memorable as Mourinho's first season with Chelsea - last seasons triumph also seems less special with this season as a follow up. At least in my eyes.

Archived