talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar Release Clause of €300m Denied

The Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) has denied reports in France that Paris-Saint Germain's Neymar has a €300 million (£264m) release clause in his contract.

Neymar, who moved to Paris for a world-record €222m fee from Barcelona in August, has continually been linked with a move to Real Madrid amid rumours he is unhappy in the French capital.

The Brazilian, who is currently injured and faces a race for fitness before this summer's World Cup in Russia, is also thought to be a summer target for Premier League duoManchester United and Manchester City.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would pay 300 million for such a troublesome character. Everywhere he goes he starts a storm. In Barcelona he was fighting with Messi and Suarez, in Pari he is fighting with Cavani. Who will he encounter next?

1 minute ago, Dalmore said:

Who would pay 300 million for such a troublesome character. Everywhere he goes he starts a storm. In Barcelona he was fighting with Messi and Suarez, in Pari he is fighting with Cavani. Who will he encounter next?

He wasn’t fighting with Messi or Suárez at all mate. Quite the opposite as they got on really well.

But he is a massive troublesome character I give you that. I wouldn’t have him EVER in a team I hold a sentimental value for. 

Yeah he still goes over to Barcelona at every opportunity to visit Messi, Pique and Suarez.

This is why I found it so weird that he decided to move, as he didn't just have everything he needed as a footballer, but was also settled as a person and built strong friendships at the club.

10 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Yeah he still goes over to Barcelona at every opportunity to visit Messi, Pique and Suarez.

This is why I found it so weird that he decided to move, as he didn't just have everything he needed as a footballer, but was also settled as a person and built strong friendships at the club.

Is his dad not a money-grabbing psycho?

17 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Is his dad not a money-grabbing psycho?

Everyone blames his dad but in my experience when people look toward another individual that’s other than the recurring sinner, I end up having the sensation that the one with serious problems is the one that’s apparently being manipulated. 

31 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Him leaving although hurting the marketing side of things massively for Barcelona, was actually a huge blessing and n the present and future of the footballing side of things. He’s Qatar’s problem now. 

9 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

after seeing his tantrums in-field, no one would risk 300 million for such a spoiled brat.

Plus most serious clubs have to play actual competitive fixtures all the way to the end of the season, unlike PSG, and won't be willing to put up with him running off back to Brazil every March to plough his sister. 

A mate of mine works as a Content Creator for FC Barcelona. Provides me with all of the 3-4 hours Barca Full Matches, clips, source material/raw unedited feeds that I need, material that's not available to the general public/not meant for public transmission and consumption. We're talking pristine 4K quality here.

Being a bit of an obsessive Barca supporter that I am, I have been poring over the countless hours of footage involving the three (Messi, Suarez and Neymar) and have noticed that, while Neymar certainly does get along with his two friends, a certain tension about "being left out" had developed by the end of the 2015-2016 season.

Remember, Uruguay and Argentina are much more alike in customs, local lingo etc. compared to Brasil. Messi and Suarez invariably seek each other's counsel/talk to each other first/interact between themselves first BEFORE involving Neymar in their interactions. They always share their mate drink between each other like it's some sort of sacred chalice, very much a bonding ritual of sorts between the two.  Neymar was starting to feel like the odd one out, the third wheel, if you will. I do think he loves his mates, loves Barca and the city of Barcelona, but wanted to be his own man elsewhere. 

PSG he knew he would be with his Brazilian brothers. His World Cup comrades. Dani whom he looks up to and respects.

Neymar was very good about subjugating his personality and ego in the presence of his 2 mates when he was with Barca. Always giving the glory to Messi. Don't think it ate away at him necessarily but bear in mind that "Neymar" is a public persona, an image creation that's larger than life. He needs undivided attention and the spotlight in order to be the showman that he truly is.

I do think he may very well go to Real Madrid eventually. Madrid is the only other club besides Barca to be able to accommodate him. Certainly won't be with PSG long term.

Whether Madrid should make the effort to secure such a troublesome character (outrageously talented though he (undoubtedly)  may be) is a question for Perez to determine!

Off topic, there's an excellent book about the psychological/sociological aspects of football that I highly recommend: "The Soccer Tribe" . Probably the best book about football and football supporters ever written.51YRaCngiKL._AC_UL320_SR232,320_.jpg

1 hour ago, Paulo Dybala said:

A mate of mine works as a Content Creator for FC Barcelona. Provides me with all of the 3-4 hours Barca Full Matches, clips, source material/raw unedited feeds that I need, material that's not available to the general public/not meant for public transmission and consumption. We're talking pristine 4K quality here.

Being a bit of an obsessive Barca supporter that I am, I have been poring over the countless hours of footage involving the three (Messi, Suarez and Neymar) and have noticed that, while Neymar certainly does get along with his two friends, a certain tension about "being left out" had developed by the end of the 2015-2016 season.

Remember, Uruguay and Argentina are much more alike in customs, local lingo etc. compared to Brasil. Messi and Suarez invariably seek each other's counsel/talk to each other first/interact between themselves first BEFORE involving Neymar in their interactions. They always share their mate drink between each other like it's some sort of sacred chalice, very much a bonding ritual of sorts between the two.  Neymar was starting to feel like the odd one out, the third wheel, if you will. I do think he loves his mates, loves Barca and the city of Barcelona, but wanted to be his own man elsewhere. 

PSG he knew he would be with his Brazilian brothers. His World Cup comrades. Dani whom he looks up to and respects.

Neymar was very good about subjugating his personality and ego in the presence of his 2 mates when he was with Barca. Always giving the glory to Messi. Don't think it ate away at him necessarily but bear in mind that "Neymar" is a public persona, an image creation that's larger than life. He needs undivided attention and the spotlight in order to be the showman that he truly is.

I do think he may very well go to Real Madrid eventually. Madrid is the only other club besides Barca to be able to accommodate him. Certainly won't be with PSG long term.

Whether Madrid should make the effort to secure such a troublesome character (outrageously talented though he (undoubtedly)  may be) is a question for Perez to determine!

Off topic, there's an excellent book about the psychological/sociological aspects of football that I highly recommend: "The Soccer Tribe" . Probably the best book about football and football supporters ever written.51YRaCngiKL._AC_UL320_SR232,320_.jpg

Mate, I’ve read up a lot on the ins and outs of Neymar at Barcelona. He was a problem child for them and child is the perfect description for him. The technical team were constantly having to look after him and control his training tantrums with the three main friends he had (post Alves) in Piqué (first and foremost), Messi and Suárez being there for him in every minute of a football weekday.

The situation revolving around Neymar and his entourage (his father being the main issue) was something that a football club shouldn’t have to deal with and to be honest, they were well rid of him. I wouldn’t have him at my club even if he was paying to be their which with him is far fetched. 

16 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Troublesome? Not the most well-behaved but ANY team would love to have Neymar. While at Barcelona, he was their best player at times, picking up the slack of others. Barcelona replaced him with overvalued Dembele, that tells you who got the worst part of the deal.

Mexico wont win the world cup so ill be cheering for Neymar/Brazil.

The first time I've seen you make a non vendetta post, and to be honest I completely agree with you here. 

Neymar may be troublesome but he's arguably the best player in the world, if not he's in the top 3 at least. Sometimes, its worth the hassle just to have some quality in the team. Neymar has his issues, but if someone can control him even to an extent, the reward will be worth it. Suarez in case people don't remember, was really troublesome earlier in the decade for Liverpool and that so nearly came to a title for them. 

Each to their own as always but I find it shocking that some people would not want Neymar on their team.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

The first time I've seen you make a non vendetta post, and to be honest I completely agree with you here. 

Neymar may be troublesome but he's arguably the best player in the world, if not he's in the top 3 at least. Sometimes, its worth the hassle just to have some quality in the team. Neymar has his issues, but if someone can control him even to an extent, the reward will be worth it. Suarez in case people don't remember, was really troublesome earlier in the decade for Liverpool and that so nearly came to a title for them. 

Each to their own as always but I find it shocking that some people would not want Neymar on their team.

i'm sorry but i have to disagree with you on this.     most expensive perhaps yes, but the best ?? in the top 3 ??  nope.    why ??   when he was presented with a real challenge such as Madrid he wasn't able to rally his team mates.   

the only reason why a club would get neymar is for Shirt Sales ....

Archived