talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quique Sánchez Flores Sacked by Espanyol

He took them to 8th last season, but after 8 wins this season Espanyol have decided to terminate his contract with the club in 16th.

I expect him and Marco Silva to be high on the agenda of a lot of mid table Premier League teams when the next merry go round kicks in.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quíque Sánchez Flores has been saying all the right things so as to be sacked practically the whole season. He's been hitting out against the board with his words and getting the fans to rebel.  So enough is enough and he gets what he wants which is the sack.  The club were hoping he'd leave voluntarily but that didn't look like it was going to happen, so this is the result.

Espanyol have some good players there and the strongest group I can remember them having in a while, players capable of playing football at that. They could have done better this season, although they did beat Barcelona in the Copa del rey away leg and before the Roma game were the only ones who had gotten a victory against the club since the Supercopa de España. 

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Espanyol have some good players there and the strongest group I can remember them having in a while, players capable of playing football at that. They could have done better this season, although they did beat Barcelona in the Copa del rey away leg and before the Roma game were the only ones who had gotten a victory against the club since the Supercopa de España. 

But Quique has been publicly complaining (a-la-Benítez) to the press about how he has a limited selection of players for every game and that without something extra this is the maximum that could be achieved.  I agree with you, there have been some outstanding performances from Espanyol's young players this season most notably Gerard Moreno who has been exceptional.

31 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

That's because he's a weak dullard of a manager. Someone out there could do more with their current crop I reckon mate. 

I don't know if he's weak and a dullard mate.  I think he's a very intelligent coach with a lot of very interesting methods, unique methods.  But he's also a bit of a psychopath in terms of not being psychologically balanced... His moods are infamous for swaying from hour to hour without going into the fact you can have Quique being extremely positive one week to being a manic depressive in a press conference the following week.  That becomes a liability in my opinion and what has occurred with him this season has been a feature everywhere he's been.

Archived