• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Final - Saturday 19th May - Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd

football forum

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Aids. Can’t wait for this Portuguese cancer to get the fuck out of this club. Take that dabbing little cocksucker with you. And Sanchez, show pony cunt. Jones in the World Cup over Smalling, fucking laughable. Outplayed by the worst Chelsea team I’ve seen in years. Should have been by more as well. Blatant pen with Young, and Jones should have been gone.

If Liverpool win next week, I’ll fucking kill myself.

U OK Hun? xoxo

Yep, congratulations to the Chelsea boys on the board.  The two main English trophies won in two years and even in this present ending turbulent one for Chelsea they have managed to land the FA Cup.

Couldn't watch the game so I can't comment, but this Man Utd process (I hope it hasn't already been whipped on this thread) seems to have a serious glitch.

36 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The only way England would have had five teams in it next season is if Liverpool had finished outside the top four and won it. 

Ah thought it'd just go to the next one but then again that does make sense

Mourinho is right, he would have taken a lot of flack for winning like that but I don't think Conte is receiving too much praise either. It was a genuinely terrible game played between two sides without much of an idea of how to break one another down, Chelsea did it first and hung on. Chelsea also had an amazing chance to finish it with Alonso, so I'm not sure Mourinho is on about as in terms of clear cut chances Chelsea actually had the better of it.

First off, I really want to praise how utterly incredible N'golo Kante is as a footballer. This is now his 3rd straight season performing at such a consistent level. On a footballing aspect, he can't be compared to the likes of Modric, Iniesta, Silva, KDB, etc. But the influence and presence he brings to the team is unquestionable. No better ball winning midfielder in world football and we seriously owe Leicester for giving him to us. I don't usually gift this title a whole lot unless they truly deserve it, but Kante is without a doubt a world class player. 

On the game. First off, I want to say our approach was yet again cowardice. We were well and truly lucky to get that goal early on. We've seen so many times this season that when we score, we sit back and invite pressure until we inevitably concede. Every Chelsea fan had that thought in mind coming into the second half. It's amazing how some simpletons think we've played well. Yet if Rashford and Pogba score those chances, those same simpletons would of said we played like shit. 

Truth be told. We were awful. We came with a game plan, to which 9/10 times this season, it's cost us. This was that 1/10 moment, where Mourinho truly is an absolute moron for never exposing our weakness like we've seen so many clubs do this season. Hilarious how United fans at the beginning of Mourinho's tenure with them, refused to listen to any Chelsea fan's criticism on him. As if we never had two stints with the guy. So satisfying to see those same United fan's now moaning the same shite we used to. Don't say we didn't warn you and can't honestly believe they extended his contract. It's amusing to beat Mourinho at his own game, but really hope this doesn't paper over the cracks. That performance was an abomination, and it is a type of football we really need to rid of to avoid future problems. 

Hazard was brilliant. 17 goals this season, where he spent nearly  85% of the time this season in complete isolation. Negative, defensive football and it's astonishing the same muppets continue to downplay his ability. The man would be a 30+ goal contender at the likes of City, Liverpool, PSG, etc. Won us the game and hope we appoint an attacking minded manager that can truly get the best out of him. He won us the game. 

Rudiger was class.Can't believe we got him so cheap in today's market. Been our signing of the season and truly is one of the better centre backs in the league. He really should be starting over Hummels on the national team. 

Giroud did well for what he could do. Was left isolated, but his hold up play was immense. Literally gave every teammate the time to get up the pitch. The man loves the FA Cup. Cheers Arsenal. 

Bakayoko loves a big game. Atletico, Spurs, United, Arsenal, and now today. As mentioned, there is a footballer somewhere in there, and I think confidence played a big part on him this season along with adapting to the league.  Good he wasn't selected for the world cup and he can focus primarily on getting better over the summer.  

Dave. What a man. 

Moses, Alonso, Cahill, they did alright for what it's worth. They had a job and they did it. 

Really hope this was Conte's last ever match with us. I will always back the claim that on a coaching aspect, Antonio Conte is the best we've ever had. He truly deserves better than what he has been given here. Yet at the same time, his personality has caused issues with the board, as well as his arrogance in a system that is dying. His football really isn't what this club needs now that it is trying to move on from it. Hope that Roman and the board release him and compensate him well. He deserves it and hope he is at a club where he is well and truly valued not by just the fans, but upper management as well. 

32868394_1360790800730996_91762856146040

So Conte has won a Premier League and an FA Cup in his two season's at Chelsea.

Jose has won a League Cup and the Europa League in his.

One is certain for the chop, the other is safe as houses. Amazing that there is such a contrast between the two, especially given Conte has won the bigger rewards. Jose is surviving on reputation.

He can leave a very content man though I feel, and I hope he goes on to bigger and better things because he's a likeable guy.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

So Conte has won a Premier League and an FA Cup in his two season's at Chelsea.

Jose has won a League Cup and the Europa League in his.

One is certain for the chop, the other is safe as houses. Amazing that there is such a contrast between the two, especially given Conte has won the bigger rewards. Jose is surviving on reputation.

He can leave a very content man though I feel, and I hope he goes on to bigger and better things because he's a likeable guy.

Mourinho is surviving because Man Utd are not famous anymore. You need to download the latest patch. This is their best league season in half a decade.

Overall think it was a tight game just like everyone expected it to be. Not very fun for the neutrals as well, there wasn't going to be many goals in this one. Think we did okay in the first half, limited United to nothing and scoring first which was key in a game like this. Managers with similar styles, if United scored first it would probably end in a United win. Courtois did very well to save Rashford's shot which then found Sanchez in an offside position. Also Pogba's free header was typical Chelsea this season, can't do two brilliant halves. Kante did so well to set up Alonso who had to score, had all the time in the World to put the game to bed. In the end we hold the ball well in United's court and ended a season on a high. Think the starting 11 all had a good game, with Rudiger, Kante, Azpi and Hazard all being the top performers. Usually his biggest critic but Eden had a great game, with no silly backheels just being useful and dangerous as he could be. 

Sad for Jose as he ALWAYS delivers in his second season. 

#trusttheprocess

• The topic was unpinned

Archived