talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lost in Space

football forum

• Subscriber

A Netflix remake of the cult TV show from the 60s. I'm dropping the trailer here too, in case someone else hasn't watched it yet and is interested... 

Warning: potentially a shitload of spoilers ahead! Just in case anyone else except me and @Bluewolf read this thread and haven't watched the whole Season 1 yet :ph34r:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nudge said:

So, season 1 ended with a really epic cliffhanger, have to say I didn't see that coming at all! 

I want to know what's going to happen with the Robot now??? Hopefully he is hanging on to the underside of the ship or been sucked into the same space..

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I want to know what's going to happen with the Robot now??? Hopefully he is hanging on to the underside of the ship or been sucked into the same space.. 

Hmm, I can't imagine this show without the Robot, so I'm pretty sure he'll be there, just not sure how it's going to happen... That thing that was attached on the wheelbase of the Chariot and that took control over Robinsons' spaceship at the end seems to be some sort of the 'Brain' of the Robot, so I'm going to assume his actual physical metallic body doesn't really matter!

26 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I do have a few other daft observations about it which I found amusing.. 

Please share! :D

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s got really mixed reviews. Where is it against battlestar galatica? 

Not really seen the Battlestar Galactica series, not the new revamped one anyway but it's well worth the watch for me.. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s got really mixed reviews. Where is it against battlestar galatica? 

It's very different, I think... Lost in Space is more of a "family" kind of show, with rather basic storytelling, more fantasy and plotholes that are convenient to the storyline than actual hard science, and has definitely kept some of the campness of the original. It's a kind of a sci-fi adventure/survival show that I'd watch with my kids on a Sunday night. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Hmm, I can't imagine this show without the Robot, so I'm pretty sure he'll be there, just not sure how it's going to happen... That thing that was attached on the wheelbase of the Chariot and that took control over Robinsons' spaceship at the end seems to be some sort of the 'Brain' of the Robot, so I'm going to assume his actual physical metallic body doesn't really matter!

Please share! :D

I did smile when they were in the Jupiter and the ice collapsed on top of them and they sunk down a bit.. but when they blasted free instead of just going in a straight line and out fairly quickly they seemed to take about 5 minutes of intense flying and dodging huge glaciers of ice crashing together until they finally reached the surface and safety.. I was like :o how bloody far down did they go.. xD It was like they were nearer the core of the planet than the surface.. 

The second one was when they were stuck in the molten tar pit and used the air to force the bag to the surface to get to safety.. all well and good and all that but as soon as he punctured the top of it to get out the whole lot would have collapsed in on itself... xD 

All daft fun... B| All I can say is those Robinson's are one jammy bunch... Hope the Robot makes a return though.. I am hoping it's personality grows with it's connection to Will... Been a great first series and enjoyed it, hope it gets enough favorable reviews to at least have a second season..

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:
  Hide contents

I did smile when they were in the Jupiter and the ice collapsed on top of them and they sunk down a bit.. but when they blasted free instead of just going in a straight line and out fairly quickly they seemed to take about 5 minutes of intense flying and dodging huge glaciers of ice crashing together until they finally reached the surface and safety.. I was like :o how bloody far down did they go.. xD It was like they were nearer the core of the planet than the surface.. 

The second one was when they were stuck in the molten tar pit and used the air to force the bag to the surface to get to safety.. all well and good and all that but as soon as he punctured the top of it to get out the whole lot would have collapsed in on itself... xD 

All daft fun... B| All I can say is those Robinson's are one jammy bunch... Hope the Robot makes a return though.. I am hoping it's personality grows with it's connection to Will... Been a great first series and enjoyed it, hope it gets enough favorable reviews to at least have a second season..

Yes, there are indeed quite a few moments of bad science/plot holes, but then it doesn't really bother me personally, as just like I mentioned before, I see this as a family action adventure, not a hard sci-fi, and it's just good enough to spark children's interest in science, I think. I love that it's not too dark and serious, it's a nice change from recent trends in TV shows in this aspect... It's kind of a show that childhoods are made of, if that makes any sense, hehe.

I loved the comic relief with the helium voices after they got out of that tar pit

xD

Also, love the visuals, it's really impressive... The planet they crashed on was immense, with all those different landscapes, animals, plants, climate, etc...

Don West is the best :D 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yes, there are indeed quite a few moments of bad science/plot holes, but then it doesn't really bother me personally, as just like I mentioned before, I see this as a family action adventure, not a hard sci-fi, and it's just good enough to spark children's interest in science, I think. I love that it's not too dark and serious, it's a nice change from recent trends in TV shows in this aspect... It's kind of a show that childhoods are made of, if that makes any sense, hehe.

Reveal hidden contents

I loved the comic relief with the helium voices after they got out of that tar pit

xD

Also, love the visuals, it's really impressive... The planet they crashed on was immense, with all those different landscapes, animals, plants, climate, etc...

Don West is the best :D 

Tell me a science fiction series that doesn't have them... 

xD It's all good fun at the end of the day as it's supposed to be, entertainment is what we want and entertainment is what we got... :D The landscapes were impressive, as were the visuals overall.. You do wonder what it might be like to explore a planet similar to ours like that one..  As you say, just the right side of family entertainment for all ages but with a mix of modern and an old style feel... Glad someone was brave enough to sign off on it in the first place.. Loved all of those types of Sci-fi shows back then.. Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants & Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and of course Star Trek.... 

Don is good in it... he has a bit of an off the cuff, anything can happen feel about him like when he encouraged Judy to open the roof up when they were going to retrieve the fuel... A bit of a hustler with a good heart..

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Hide contents

Tell me a science fiction series that doesn't have them... 

xD It's all good fun at the end of the day as it's supposed to be, entertainment is what we want and entertainment is what we got... :D The landscapes were impressive, as were the visuals overall.. You do wonder what it might be like to explore a planet similar to ours like that one..  As you say, just the right side of family entertainment for all ages but with a mix of modern and an old style feel... Glad someone was brave enough to sign off on it in the first place.. Loved all of those types of Sci-fi shows back then.. Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants & Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and of course Star Trek.... 

Don is good in it... he has a bit of an off the cuff, anything can happen feel about him like when he encouraged Judy to open the roof up when they were going to retrieve the fuel... A bit of a hustler with a good heart..

Don't know about series, but when it comes to movies, Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey and The Martian are two examples of extreme accuracy and high plausibility. I haven't watched Interstellar yet, but I've heard that its physics were worked out by actual astrophysicists to be as plausible as possible. The worst case of bad science I ever encountered must be the opening scenes of the Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls where Indy survives a nuclear blast by hiding in a fridge xD That, and the whole Armageddon movie.

Back to the show - as you said, it's just the right mix of family entertainment/modern visuals/old school storytelling. For me, the nostalgia factor is not only related to the old TV shows, but also to that similar kind of sci-fi/exploration/adventure books aka Jules Verne; loved those and it brings a lot of memories. 

As for Don -

he's a man after my own heart, smuggling all that single malt whisky across the universe 

:x Made me fall in love instantly xD 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Don't know about series, but when it comes to movies, Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey and The Martian are two examples of extreme accuracy and high plausibility. I haven't watched Interstellar yet, but I've heard that its physics were worked out by actual astrophysicists to be as plausible as possible. The worst case of bad science I ever encountered must be the opening scenes of the Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls where Indy survives a nuclear blast by hiding in a fridge xD That, and the whole Armageddon movie.

Back to the show - as you said, it's just the right mix of family entertainment/modern visuals/old school storytelling. For me, the nostalgia factor is not only related to the old TV shows, but also to that similar kind of sci-fi/exploration/adventure books aka Jules Verne; loved those and it brings a lot of memories. 

As for Don -

Reveal hidden contents

he's a man after my own heart, smuggling all that single malt whisky across the universe 

:x Made me fall in love instantly xD 

If you have not seen it yet I highly recommend that you do.. Such a great film, long, but it doesn't feel it while watching and it is superb... I have watched it twice now and the second time was with the missus and my daughter.. Funny you mention about the science and accuracy aspect of films as I was watching a You Tube video the other day where Nasa Scientists were rating films based on the real science for good or bad and I can't find it now.. typical.. xD

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

I watched the pilot yesterday and fell asleep after half of it. :ph34r:

Just as I said, it's a good show for kids to watch before bed!... :ph34r: xD 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

I'm done with season 1 of Lost in Spaß and I have to say it is much better than the original.

Just take the visual effects. Looks much better. 

Did you manage to stay awake this time? :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad it's been renewed, it's fairly basic at times and even though it's aimed to reach a younger audience as well as older, it definitely underestimates the maturity of children with some of the dialogue....with that said I fucking loved it and can't wait for the second series.

• 4 months later...

Archived