talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Which Of These Major Sports Do You Think Are Rubbish?

football forum

Tick All Sports You Find Shite  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Tick All Sports You Find Shite

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mainly baseball, cricket, golf (twat the ball, do a little bit of running if needed and not much else) and both rugby's (never really got into them).

Have tried to get into American Football but the constant stop-start does my head in. 

Ice Hockey is one I wouldn't mind watching, though usually because a fight tends to break out.

Going to throw three extra's in here. Boxing, MMA/UFC and Wrestling (WWE/TNA etc)?

On 23/04/2018 at 04:59, ScoRoss said:

Not all of swimming, but all the different variations. Why not just do differing lengths and have it stop at that?

Agreed. I will continue to think this is shit until we have the hundred metre hop, crawl and backwards walk.  from a  Olympic perspective the pool gets way way way too many medals. 

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

Yeah okay mate 

I'm split on this.

It's much better than the people who hate it realise. 

Buy its nowhere near as good as people who love it think.

Its impressively strategic and like proper football the level of perfection required can be amazing. Its like a cross between football and chess.

But like most American sports its saturated with marketing and product adverts to a totally sickening degree and has too many stoppages. You are constantly interrupted from the spectacle to be bombarded with bullshit.

Voted Baseball and Rugby Union.

Never got into Baseball, don't think I will.

I can still watch Union but being honest the more I watch it the more it's just seems like slow mud wrestling (even though Southern Hemisphere Rugby is a billion times better than Northern which is 90% avoiding running with the ball). The north south divide doesn't help Super League at all and I never got into League in the UK, thought it was dull because the coverage is shit or not there and encouraged to play Union at school but after watching it somewhere neutral like Australia it really opens your eyes as to how great a game it is and just better than Union it is. A level of skill, speed, power and excitement you just don't get in Union and for me it has everything I ever wanted from Union. Not a dull moment.

I realise this isn't the what sport do you love thread but let's face it Union vs League will always crop up in this sort of discussion.

14 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Mainly baseball, cricket, golf (twat the ball, do a little bit of running if needed and not much else) and both rugby's (never really got into them).

Have tried to get into American Football but the constant stop-start does my head in. 

Ice Hockey is one I wouldn't mind watching, though usually because a fight tends to break out.

Going to throw three extra's in here. Boxing, MMA/UFC and Wrestling (WWE/TNA etc)?

I can't get into American football for the same reason.  Did watch the Superbowl a few years ago which was OK but an average game I don't like. I like the other major America sports though. I find baseball quite relaxing 

baseball -  like yeah, WORLD SERIES and all the teams are only in USA.    but as for the game itself, boring to death.

golf - the commentator said - kindly keep quiet, i'd like to hear the grass grow

this is not included --- boxing --- too much politicking.

I'd say all of them on the list other than Basketball(it's just a shame it's so stop and start like all American sports as it would be only behind football as the best sport for me), Cricket, mainly as I used to play it as a kid and was actually good at it and F-1 and Skiing due to the fact that both involve pretty much putting your life on the line.

On 23/04/2018 at 21:36, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Wrestling isn't a sport, it's sports entertainment, which is different. The outcome of matches is pre-determined, which would be classed as match fixing/cheating in a real sport.

6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I'd say all of them on the list other than Basketball(it's just a shame it's so stop and start like all American sports as it would be only behind football as the best sport for me), Cricket, mainly as I used to play it as a kid and was actually good at it and F-1 and Skiing due to the fact that both involve pretty much putting your life on the line.

Wrestling isn't a sport, it's sports entertainment, which is different. The outcome of matches is pre-determined, which would be classed as match fixing/cheating in a real sport.

With WWE its evident but MMA ? 

32 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I know. I just put it in there as a generalisation seeing as we're talking about major sports.

• Subscriber

Good idea for a thread. I voted for Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Rugby League, Ice Hockey, American Football, Skiing.

I'm essentially judging this off of the fact that I can't think of a reason I'd choose to watch any of these. I.E. I'm not a massive golf fan (or track and field, marathons, swimming etc) but I watched it during the Olympics and it was decent. The ones I voted for I wouldn't even watch during the Olympics or at any other time, however I will note that I've probably only voted for Rugby League because I much prefer Rugby Union and not because League is inherently shite.

5 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

With WWE its evident but MMA ? 

I wasn't referring to MMA mate. That is a sport(one of my favourites at that these days, I love it), but WWE isn't. What wrestlers do is amazing(even though I grew out of it a long time ago) and they put their bodies on the line, but I'd compare it more to a mix of acting and being a stunt man.

Rugby Union is utter shite and it’s literally just the fact that it has the coverage it does in comparison to Rugby League that people think they like it/pretend to like it. 

Any game where blokes can be classed as athletes despite being 24 stone, where everyone bundles each other before two lads kick it back and forth to each other while the crowd, dressed in tweed and drinking Guinness, salivates over it, is totally fucking wrong. 

I’ll never buy into the “rUgBY lEaGuE iS tOo StOp StArT” argument when you can’t see where the ball is for much of a Union game and where people wank themselves silly because you get two tries a match. 

19 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I wasn't referring to MMA mate. That is a sport(one of my favourites at that these days, I love it), but WWE isn't. What wrestlers do is amazing(even though I grew out of it a long time ago) and they put their bodies on the line, but I'd compare it more to a mix of acting and being a stunt man.

Wrestling is popular in Mongolia. There, its completely a sport.

• Subscriber
On 30/04/2018 at 14:04, Smiley Culture said:

Rugby Union is utter shite and it’s literally just the fact that it has the coverage it does in comparison to Rugby League that people think they like it/pretend to like it. 

Any game where blokes can be classed as athletes despite being 24 stone, where everyone bundles each other before two lads kick it back and forth to each other while the crowd, dressed in tweed and drinking Guinness, salivates over it, is totally fucking wrong. 

I’ll never buy into the “rUgBY lEaGuE iS tOo StOp StArT” argument when you can’t see where the ball is for much of a Union game and where people wank themselves silly because you get two tries a match. 

Or maybe people just genuinely have a different opinion for perfectly valid reasons?

For me I always much preferred playing rugby union at school, much more fun and I probably base it off that as I don't really watch a lot of rugby.

On 01/05/2018 at 01:04, Smiley Culture said:

Leave Guinness out of it, best drink in the world

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Or maybe people just genuinely have a different opinion for perfectly valid reasons?

For me I always much preferred playing rugby union at school, much more fun and I probably base it off that as I don't really watch a lot of rugby.

I played Union recently for work and it was a lot different than what I remembered playing for school, but that was probably because at school we had the smallest/fastest side in the borough so played the entire game running with the ball. I was a winger when playing with work and touched the ball about 5 times over three games 😂

• 2 months later...

Tennis: I have always found the sport boring to watch. I used to work with a french guy who would try n explain to me the tactics at the French open & how its was far superior than Wimbledon. I tried to explain that Wimbledon is the better as the games were over sooner!

F1:- Hate to say it, but the sport stopped being a must see once the drivers life expectancy picked up. Meet Sir Jackie Stewart, you become in awe of the man. Meet Lewis Hamilton and you wonder why you bothered.

Track n Field:- I stopped all interest in watching when the penny finally dropped on me while watching Flo Jo. As much as Bolt has tried to lift the sport, there continues to be positives after most games, so why bother?

Baseball is utter dogshit.

Golf is fun to play, but it's more of a game than a sport in my opinion. But I'm also usually playing it very drunk. It's hard as fuck for me to watch though.

Track and Field/Swimming/Marathons... athletics. Don't give a fuck about any of that shite. Oooh you're the fucking fastest? Don't give a fuck unless you're playing a sport that's interesting to watch mate. Same with skiing.

Archived