talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 24th April - Liverpool 5-2 Roma (SF 1st Leg)

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Tuesday 24th April - Liverpool vs Roma (SF 1st Leg)

This one can go either way for me. Liverpool and Roma are 2 and alike in terms of quality, but the difference that I see is that Liverpool's style won't be as effective against a style such as Roma's then it would be against a Real Madrid or a Manchester City.

Despite that, I still think Liverpool should win 3-1. Will be interesting to see how Salah approaches this game given its against his ex-club and a team that basically redeveloped him after that Chelsea burning.

No idea how it'll go. But I'm hoping for another big Anfield performance from us to set ourselves up for the away leg. These lot had the comeback of the season (probably) against Barca, so preventing away goals is most likely crucial. But it's a European two legged tie... so that's always the case. Pretty obvious thing to say.

It's like saying it's better for us to score a lot of goals to set us up for the away leg. No shit, goals are how you win matches and progress with a higher aggregate score. And I obviously want us to do the best we can possibly do.

Hopefully the slip up over the weekend shows the lads they need to be cautious in defense... We know how difficult we can be for other sides to face, so I am just hoping for a big performance.

The Roma players and staff on arriving in Liverpool spent time at the Hillsborough remorial at Anfield and were visibly moved. 

Absolute class that, hope we give them a nice reception. 

Or they could have done it to actually cool the hostile reception on purpose so I hope we pelt their bus. 

Fuck knows :what:

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The Roma players and staff on arriving in Liverpool spent time at the Hillsborough remorial at Anfield and were visibly moved. 

Absolute class that, hope we give them a nice reception. 

Or they could have done it to actually cool the hostile reception on purpose so I hope we pelt their bus. 

Fuck knows :what:

come on mate. no need to be that paranoid.

just take the gesture as it is? very cynical to get to that conclusion if all they want to do is pay their respects?

Just now, Stan said:

come on mate. no need to be that paranoid.

just take the gesture as it is? very cynical to get to that conclusion if all they want to do is pay their respects?

I know mate I was joking. My absolute class statement in the first sentence was a true reflection. 

Former Liverpool and Roma defender John Arne Riise believes the Italians are "slight favourites" going into the Champions League semi-final.

The Norwegian left-back spent seven seasons in Merseyside and helped the club to win the Champions League title before moving to the Italian capital for three years.

Ahead of Tuesday's much-anticipated first leg between his former clubs, Riise believes Liverpool go into it as underdogs.

1 hour ago, VanPaddy said:

Well if they think that ignoring Firmino, Mane, Ox and both Robertson & TAA bombing down the wings is a good game plan then good for them. As much as Salah has done well, we are FAR from the one man team we were for a while with Suarez.

Just now, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Well if they think that ignoring Firmino, Mane, Ox and both Robertson & TAA bombing down the wings is a good game plan then good for them. As much as Salah has done well, we are FAR from the one man team we were for a while with Suarez.

Yea I know, I think Roma just know Salah well so they will talk about him alot to the press.   Roma are an Italian outfit so they will have a plan away from home.   

45 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Yea I know, I think Roma just know Salah well so they will talk about him alot to the press.   Roma are an Italian outfit so they will have a plan away from home.   

Historically though, italian teams tend to get crushed in England. This is something that happened even when Serie A was at its highest. I think the key for Roma today is scoring away goals. I don't think their defence can stop Liverpool's attack, but Under and Dzeko can and will have to step up.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 24th April - Liverpool 5-2 Roma (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived