talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 24th April - Liverpool 5-2 Roma (SF 1st Leg)

Just now, Cicero said:

Salah could score 100 goals but still won't be in contention for the Balon d'Or if Liverpool don't win the Champions League. 

How pathetic is that. 

Ronaldo and Messi could have missed half a season and would still win it. 

Salah has been the best player in the world this season but he’ll come third. 

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Ronaldo and Messi could have missed half a season and would still win it. 

Salah has been the best player in the world this season but he’ll come third. 

If Liverpool win the UCL and Egypt make it out of their World Cup group, Salah will win it.

Its about influence, not marketing.

To be fair to some of us who doubted him, I don't think any of us expected us for him to be this good. The last time a player has been this good in the PL was Suarez - also at Liverpool. Connections?

Salah has always been good, but he was never world class. Now, he's easily one of the best in the world. He beat his finishing demons.

Just now, Blue said:

To be fair to some of us who doubted him, I don't think any of us expected us for him to be this good. The last time a player has been this good in the PL was Suarez - also at Liverpool. Connections?

Salah has always been good, but he was never world class. Now, he's easily one of the best in the world. He beat his finishing demons.

Collecting excellent goal scorers is a very good knack we seem to have. 

Salah now, Suarez before, Torres before that, Fowler, Owen, Rush, Aldridge.... the list goes on. 

We just always seem to pick up amazing forward players. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Collecting excellent goal scorers is a very good knack we seem to have. 

Salah now, Suarez before, Torres before that, Fowler, Owen, Rush, Aldridge.... the list goes on. 

We just always seem to pick up amazing forward players. 

Say it with me:

H E R I T A G E

Not totally off the mark to say Liverpool are playing long ball but when you've got De Rossi, Strootman and Nainggolan up against you it's a lot easier to go over the top than try to go through them. 

Liverpool have managed just about to handle the lay-offs from Dzeko; Roma on the other hand are being ripped apart by any direct passes.

Just now, El_Loco said:

I agree, Mo Salah is basically Messi right now. He even left a defender on the ground, like Messi did to Boateng, recently. xD 

Aside the distribution genius that Messi has, I agree. 

Salah looks like 2010 Messi to be fair. Minus the dribbling, but more effective in front of goal. 

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Schick and Dzeko could be a big problem for Lovren.

Even Perotti could cause TAA some trouble. 

Roma's game plan is obviously not to concede. Yet their high line with no attacking players pressing  Liverpool is just such a strange strategy. 

• The title was changed to Tuesday 24th April - Liverpool 5-2 Roma (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived