talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 25th April - Bayern Munich 1-2 Real Madrid (SF 1st Leg)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Wednesday 25th April - Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid (SF 1st Leg)

Can't see anything but a Real Madrid win in the tie. I saw Bayern a few times this season, and I thought they looked awful each time. This is recently too.

That said, I hope James scores against them and celebrates as if he won the World Cup.

• Subscriber

I don't think its as cut-and-dry as Real going in there and walking all over them. I certainly hope that Bayern put up a fight and actually win at home because it will make the trip to the Bernabeu impossible if they don't get something out of the game tonight.

2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Alaba out? Thats terrible news for Bayern.

This match has/had fullbacks like Marcelo and alaba.... The other team has TAA and milner O.o This game should of been the final but oh well. Madrid 3-1 bayern

Milner has been one of the best CM's in Europe this season xD TAA has been great in the UCL, so why are you trying to constantly fuel your own vendetta?

To be honest I hope Xabi is right. Their improvement over the course of the season makes me think they're the only side left that have a right to win the European Championship given none of the other three are competitive in their own league's.

Xabi Alonso believes Real Madrid will "have to suffer" in their Champions League semi-final first leg against Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena on Wednesday.

The 36-year-old spent five years in the Spanish capital, helping Real Madrid to reach their iconic tenth Champions League title in 2014, before moving to Munich for the last three seasons of his playing career.

Despite Real's recent European success - having won three of the last four editions of Europe's top-club competition - Alonso believes they will not have it easy in Germany.

• Administrator

Bayern Munich – Ulreich, Hummels, Ribery, Martinez, Lewandowski, Robben, James, Rafinha, Boateng, Muller, Kimmich.

Real Madrid – Navas, Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Isco, Vazquez, Ronaldo.

Bayern's defense is simply not good enough. Without just Neuer they might have had a chance, but without both Neuer and Alaba I can only see them advance if La Liga Real Madrid show up today. Bayern always the better pressing and the ability to dominate midfield/possession, but they had trouble converting that to goals. Their counter attacks must be spot on today.

• Administrator

I think both will score but Real to win. They're just the stronger team and can't remember last time Bayern had a proper test in league or cup football. As @BartraPique1932 said, Alaba will be a big miss. 

Real's midfield has so much class and quality. 

Would be surprised if Bayern came out with a positive result today - by positive I mean a victory or not conceding (or both).

4 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

i wonder how many people on earth is praying and hoping that Madrid will fail in this tie against Bayern  :P  

@SirBalon has offered the gods that he would streak nude at kiev during the final if real lose this tie. So thats one person I know thats seriously praying, to answer your question.

29 minutes ago, Asura said:

@SirBalon has offered the gods that he would streak nude at kiev during the final if real lose this tie. So thats one person I know thats seriously praying, to answer your question.

hahahahahahhahahahaha.     then he'll post them photos here .....

40 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think both will score but Real to win. They're just the stronger team and can't remember last time Bayern had a proper test in league or cup football. As @BartraPique1932 said, Alaba will be a big miss. 

Real's midfield has so much class and quality. 

Would be surprised if Bayern came out with a positive result today - by positive I mean a victory or not conceding (or both).

I completely agree, but aside from all those injuries and having no competition in the Bundesliga (which are fair arguments), Bayern just haven't looked convincing this year. The few times I've seen them, I've not been impressed. Real haven't really done greatly this season until december which was a turning point, and I can't deny they are looking quality again.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 25th April - Bayern Munich 1-2 Real Madrid (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived