talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 25th April - Bayern Munich 1-2 Real Madrid (SF 1st Leg)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many will disagree with me, but the agenda filled fans will blame Keylor Navas for not being good enough because he is Costa Rican.

I know it sounds nuts, but discrimination exists in the game. Imagine saying 30 years ago a Costa Rican will play for Real Madrid. It sounds surreal, but that doesn't mean its a bad thing if he can actually play.

I was the first to say it here I think, but this Bayern side are useless. They have been really lucky to make it this far. They are just way too slow.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Many will disagree with me, but the agenda filled fans will blame Keylor Navas for not being good enough because he is Costa Rican.

I know it sounds nuts, but discrimination exists in the game. Imagine saying 30 years ago a Costa Rican will play for Real Madrid. It sounds surreal, but that doesn't mean its a bad thing if he can actually play.

What are you on about? It has fuck all to do with him being Costa Rican. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

literally no-one has mentioned his nationality here apart from you just now. His mistake today or any other game is not down to his nationality. You can't misplace or assume discrimination on behalf of others just like that xD 

• Subscriber

Bayern have been wasteful in the first half and while the goal from Marcelo is literally a fluke it happens to be the most important one right now. Hasn't helped that they've had two injuries to deal with as well costing them subs.

4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

What are you on about? It has fuck all to do with him being Costa Rican. 

Then what is the reason? If he's class most of the time.

As a Peruvian, I am telling you this from experience. If you have a fringe nationality, there will be doubts because discrimination is well in the game, unless you are amazing such as Mohammed Salah or George Weah, who both had lots of critiques in their career

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

literally no-one has mentioned his nationality here apart from you just now. His mistake today or any other game is not down to his nationality. You can't misplace or assume discrimination on behalf of others just like that xD 

I know, that wasn't aimed at anyone. His mistakes are also not down to nationality, I never said that.

All I said was that some people do blame certain players for not being good enough due to nationality. Navas is great, but he's not the best keeper in the world. It just feels weird to say that RM's keeper isn't a German, or a Spaniard or an Argentinian. There is nothing wrong with being Costa Rican, but to some people like agenda filled fans, it wrongly is to them.

Bayern had the game, and possibly the tie, in their hands. 

Don't know what's the hype surrounding Kimmich. He looks, technically, limited to be a full-back. Not a patch on Lahm whatsoever.

Real will go on to win this now.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Then what is the reason? If he's class most of the time.

As a Peruvian, I am telling you this from experience. If you have a fringe nationality, there will be doubts because discrimination is well in the game, unless you are amazing such as Mohammed Salah or George Weah, who both had lots of critiques in their career

I know, that wasn't aimed at anyone. His mistakes are also not down to nationality, I never said that.

All I said was that some people do blame certain players for not being good enough due to nationality. Navas is great, but he's not the best keeper in the world. It just feels weird to say that RM's keeper isn't a German, or a Spaniard or an Argentinian. There is nothing wrong with being Costa Rican, but to some people like agenda filled fans, it wrongly is to them.

If you genuinely believe he is getting flak because if his nationality you are nuts. He is playing at the highest level, for the biggest club so anything he does is judged under a microscope, especially in his position.

He'd be getting the exact same criticism if he was German, English or Spanish.

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

If you genuinely believe he is getting flak because if his nationality you are nuts. He is playing at the highest level, for the biggest club so anything he does is judged under a microscope, especially in his position.

He'd be getting the exact same criticism if he was German, English or Spanish.

You are wrong. Not everyone who watches football are experts, and there are people who disrespect him because he doesn't play for a national team like Germany, or Argentina. Not me, I am under the belief that football talent spawns everywhere, but just like an employer will want to know, trayectory is important.

Your second point is also wrong. Germany and Spain have a better football trayectory than Costa Rica, and a better national team. If he was German, he wouldn't get as much flak.

Each to their own, and there aren't many wrong opinions but to say discrimination doesn't exist in football, especially with all the EU rules in Europe, is wrong.

I'm seeing on Twitter that people are saying Bayern have played well.

Can someone please explain how? They've been useless bar James and Kimmich. Every time Real get forward, its a dangerous chance. Every time Bayern get in the box, they miss their chance. If this is the best Bayern, then they were truly lucky to make it this far.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

WTF is "football trayectory"? xD 

CV, which I translated straight from Spanish as "trayectoria"

That doesn't make my post any less true.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Blue said:

You are wrong. Not everyone who watches football are experts, and there are people who disrespect him because he doesn't play for a national team like Germany, or Argentina. Not me, I am under the belief that football talent spawns everywhere, but just like an employer will want to know, trayectory is important.

Your second point is also wrong. Germany and Spain have a better football trayectory than Costa Rica, and a better national team. If he was German, he wouldn't get as much flak.

Each to their own, and there aren't many wrong opinions but to say discrimination doesn't exist in football, especially with all the EU rules in Europe, is wrong.

Loris Karius got loads of stick at one time for Liverpool.

He's German. 

I'm pretty sure they'll get stick at any given time (warranted or not) because of the way they play, not because of their nationality.

Not sure anyone says there's no discrimination in football? Just not the kind you think.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 25th April - Bayern Munich 1-2 Real Madrid (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived