talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 25th April - Bayern Munich 1-2 Real Madrid (SF 1st Leg)

1 minute ago, BartraPique1932 said:

35yo Ribery has to play until the end, because Bayern were forced to sub twice in the first half. He's been out of juice for 20 minutes.

He's looked their best threat so far (in the limited time I've been watching) so that's not good.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

Can't believe its come to a point where I hope Liverpool win the Champions League final 

they're not there yet!

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Can't believe its come to a point where I hope Liverpool win the Champions League final 

Yeah, imagine how I felt when I had to hope you'd win the Champions League final only for John Terry to fucking slip like that. Other people hate John Terry because he's a cunt, I hate him because he's a cunt who lost the CL final to United.

Despite disliking the club it is a bit sad to see how dramatically Bayern have declined since 2013, or even just since 2016. There was a point where it looked like they could move on from Robben and Ribéry with Coman and Costa but that's fallen apart. 

Thiago also dropped the worst performance I've ever seen from him, honestly never thought I'd see him play so sloppily. 

• Subscriber

Bayern have only themselves to blame here. Missed a few open chances even though Real's defense looked like it was in vacation mode. That slip by Rafinha however is the icing on the cake and the finish to top it off. Real will take this home and dust them off just like they've done before.

Correctly predicted Bayern would lack key players

Correctly predicted Rafinha would fuck up

Correctly predicted Bayern would dominate the midfield/ have more possession

Correctly predicted Bayern lack the necessary effectiveness inside the box against Real Madrid defense in order to force goals

Correctly predicted Real Madrid would win

Why do I even watch?

This Liverpool right now are better than THIS present Real Madrid side, but in a one off game I don't see it unfortunately.  Bayern have been mediocre all season aside from make-up games.  Nothing changes my mind today.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It seems that the only sides that can humble Real live in La Liga.

As we said last night - it’s so much easier to do it in the league than a cup competition. 

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

As we said last night - it’s so much easier to do it in the league than a cup competition. 

Not really mate, not what I'm saying at all... I'm talking about this particular Real Madrid this season!  Most seasons they beat most sides even in La Liga except for Barcelona and in recent years Atlético Madrid.

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

On quick reflection though, indeed Real Madrid are the epitome of a cup team to be honest so there's truth to what you said.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

On quick reflection though, indeed Real Madrid are the epitome of a cup team to be honest so there's truth to what you said.

They are - they’re set up for it imo. Same as Liverpool currently. 

18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Is the term "copero" also used in Spain? I find interesting the difference in perception. I´ve seen many european journalists describing this Zidane side as a cup team, but not necessarily in a positive light. Here, on other hand, saying a club is "copeiro" is one of biggest compliments you can give to a club. 

• The title was changed to Wednesday 25th April - Bayern Munich 1-2 Real Madrid (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived